• 14(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
Hello hdmkv,

I don't know, if you can test this, but does the HiMedia Q10pro support Live-TV?
Sure, via Kodi and HDHomeRun add-on, I'm playing ATSC mpeg2 fine. Also tried the HDHomeRun app off Google play. I didn't pay particular attention to deinterlacing and others aspects of live TV rendering closely however. With locally saved mpeg2 and H.264, Q10 does mostly well. Just can't play C-band 4:2:2 type stuff, but that's satellite.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
hdmkv, Attach a Keyboard and hit the "O" codec Key and tell us pls what decoder is being used when watching Interlaced content ?

I would like to know if its inferior Bob Software (ff-mpeg) or Hardware deinterlacing ?
The Video OSD settings will also give it away. If the Video deinterlacing options Pop up that indicates Software deinterlacing.

The Q10 is starting to look quite attractive indeed.. Some quick questions–

1. How user-configurable is the Android OS on it? I.e, can you add custom commands to its bootup sequence (/etc/rc.local equivalent?) Prob. a silly question, but I am mostly used to standalone boxes.
2. Are there any options for caching of video streams, e.g via .kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml – in order to avoid i/o starvation?
(That is; if
Code:
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
+
Code:
<readbufferfactor>20.0</readbufferfactor>
<cachemembuffersize>638860800</cachemembuffersize>
are set will the himedia wrapper honor those? Obviously those settings are for a system w/ much more onboard RAM than the Q10.)

3. And lastly, are people happy with the stock remote? Too bad it isn't backlit though, and having the option to use a bluetooth remote would increase reception
significantly. (a matter of preference I know, but I have the media box in an adjacent room)
(2016-04-20, 11:19)Drag0nFly Wrote: The Q10 is starting to look quite attractive indeed.. Some quick questions–

1. How user-configurable is the Android OS on it? I.e, can you add custom commands to its bootup sequence (/etc/rc.local equivalent?) Prob. a silly question, but I am mostly used to standalone boxes.
2. Are there any options for caching of video streams, e.g via .kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml – in order to avoid i/o starvation?
(That is; if
Code:
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
+
Code:
<readbufferfactor>20.0</readbufferfactor>
<cachemembuffersize>638860800</cachemembuffersize>
are set will the himedia wrapper honor those? Obviously those settings are for a system w/ much more onboard RAM than the Q10.)

3. And lastly, are people happy with the stock remote? Too bad it isn't backlit though, and having the option to use a bluetooth remote would increase reception
significantly. (a matter of preference I know, but I have the media box in an adjacent room)

1) You can use this hack http://www.android-mediaplayer.de/index....a-Q5-3D4k/ EDIT: NO first firmware not have adb over tcp enable
2) No, why do you need more "caching of video streams"?
3) you can use hicontrol wherever there is wifi , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdyMFE4VV3A
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
1. Thanks for the input (& the script)–so I guess there is no direct ssh access to the box? Bummer.

2. I don't need 'more' caching of video, I just need 'some' caching. The reason I am asking this is that even with locally-attached storage you will occasionally risk stutter at some point when viewing full-bitrate streams, unless your NFS server is 100% idle doing nothing else or you have a dedicated (overpriced/low capacity) NAS box. This was the case for my internal SATA disks as well as a RAID5 enclosure.

3. No wifi-so not an option. Anyone tried connecting a PS3 remote to it? I know Kodi supports it, but it needed some tweaking with LIRC/bdremote-ng.
Hy guys,

Futeko just updated their Q5 Pro page with images of the new unit.
That's the one I follow considering that I want to stream media from server via wired lan.
Looks good.
(2016-04-20, 12:08)Drag0nFly Wrote: 1. Thanks for the input (& the script)–so I guess there is no direct ssh access to the box? Bummer.

2. I don't need 'more' caching of video, I just need 'some' caching. The reason I am asking this is that even with locally-attached storage you will occasionally risk stutter at some point when viewing full-bitrate streams, unless your NFS server is 100% idle doing nothing else or you have a dedicated (overpriced/low capacity) NAS box. This was the case for my internal SATA disks as well as a RAID5 enclosure.

3. No wifi-so not an option. Anyone tried connecting a PS3 remote to it? I know Kodi supports it, but it needed some tweaking with LIRC/bdremote-ng.

1) why do you need ssh access? it's not a smartphone or NAS
2) i not understand, i am not ever issues about caching also when i playback a full 3d ISO with old NAS with fast ethernet( 10mb/s ).
3) hicontrol APP is more better remote control ever try and it's free , you can control q10 without turn on TV. Why you need PS3 remote?
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
(2016-04-20, 12:27)looun Wrote:
(2016-04-20, 12:08)Drag0nFly Wrote: 1. Thanks for the input (& the script)–so I guess there is no direct ssh access to the box? Bummer.

1) why do you need ssh access? it's not a smartphone or NAS

SSH makes a lot of stuff easier. You need to make a quick .xml file change - then you can just SSH in and run nano. If you have SSH you usually also have SCP so it's easier to transfer files across, edit larger things on a PC and send them back again, all without having to touch a USB stick.
Hello HDMKV,

do you find another bugs since your review April 16 2016 ?

i am so disappointed about the new Q5 pro's design, I going to order the Q10 pro the next week.
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

(2016-04-20, 13:05)noggin Wrote: SSH makes a lot of stuff easier. You need to make a quick .xml file change - then you can just SSH in and run nano. If you have SSH you usually also have SCP so it's easier to transfer files across, edit larger things on a PC and send them back again, all without having to touch a USB stick.
For editing files on my Android box, I have simply add a FTP server apps and I can edit XML or whatever with WinSCP on my Windows laptop Wink
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2016-04-20, 14:30)OlivierQC Wrote: Hello HDMKV,

do you find another bugs since your review April 16 2016 ?

i am so disappointed about the new Q5 pro's design, I going to order the Q10 pro the next week.
As part of beta-test group, we have brought 20+ issues/bugs to HiMedia's attention. Around 5 were closed, fixed. Those 20+ that remain aren't all serious... I'd say maybe around 5-7 are 'medium' to 'high' priority. It will take some time.
My HT
(2016-04-20, 04:29)wrxtasy Wrote: hdmkv, Attach a Keyboard and hit the "O" codec Key and tell us pls what decoder is being used when watching Interlaced content ?

I would like to know if its inferior Bob Software (ff-mpeg) or Hardware deinterlacing ?
The Video OSD settings will also give it away. If the Video deinterlacing options Pop up that indicates Software deinterlacing.

Kodi report :
h.264 = dc: amc-h264(S)
mpeg2 = dc:ff-mepg2video

SMPC report:
dc: amc-h264

i not understand the "S", which is the difference amc-h264 vs amc-h264(S)?
HiMedia has posted the latest firmware for Q10 Pro here, but don't get excited yet, as it's the shipping firmware. But, the flip-eyes 3D fix at least should be in the next firmware.
My HT
(2016-04-20, 21:00)looun Wrote:
(2016-04-20, 04:29)wrxtasy Wrote: hdmkv, Attach a Keyboard and hit the "O" codec Key and tell us pls what decoder is being used when watching Interlaced content ?

Kodi report :
h.264 = dc: amc-h264(S)
mpeg2 = dc:ff-mepg2video

SMPC report:
dc: amc-h264

i not understand the "S", which is the difference amc-h264 vs amc-h264(S)?
As expected for Android, not as good as RPi (hybrid), AMLogic or Intel quality Hardware deinterlacing...

S stands for surface I believe, beyond that I've never seen an explanation of the differences between the two.

• 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8