• 27(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
That explains it... thanks @looun. Haven't had time to test as I'm in the middle to upgrading for ATMOS/X. Home Theater room is a mess.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-05-02, 16:47)hdmkv Wrote: That explains it... thanks @looun. Haven't had time to test as I'm in the middle to upgrading for ATMOS/X. Home Theater room is a mess.

indeed ...it is very strange that you're much would silently
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Hi,

Sounds like a good product. But I'm a bit confused as to what you mean in the review:

"Ensure your SMB shares don't require login or password. Otherwise, network streaming won't work!"

I want to use kodi to stream files from my NAS server. Obviously the NAS would be password protected, does that mean this box can not stream from it?

Thanks.
Your NAS will obviously have password protection, for you as Admin to get in, but your share folders for guest should not. Here's how mine's set-up...

watch gallery
My HT
(2016-05-03, 14:59)hdmkv Wrote: Your NAS will obviously have password protection, for you as Admin to get in, but your share folders for guest should not. Here's how mine's set-up...

watch gallery

Ah i see, im also using Synology disk station. I see what you've done there by setting up the guest with Read only account. I did have this before, but i had removed that account as it meant that anyone could stream from the NAS in my home network without my permission. Is there anyway around it using a locked account? or can it only be used with guest account that has no password?
It's a shortcoming of HiMedia in not being able to access p/w protected shares. Guest a/c without login/pw, no problem.
My HT
(2016-05-03, 16:17)hdmkv Wrote: It's a shortcoming of HiMedia in not being able to access p/w protected shares. Guest a/c without login/pw, no problem.

Okay cool thanks for letting me know about that. I guess if i decided that i needed to go with this box then this is something that i can keep in mind Smile
the new f/w 1.0.3 seems to be available for chinese version ?

http://itvplus.net/firmware-himedia-q10-...34273.html
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

Using Google translate:
Quote:In particular, the export product HIMEDIA international market will have English default firmware, if the firmware you up the middle voice, or purchase must HIMEDIA Chinese version will not be firmware reflash country numb anymore. (Firmware Chinese will no CH Play)

Changelog:
Quote:This is a firmware update for Pro Q10 HIMEDIA fix subtitles movie from the hard drive, Youtube output in 1080.

This appears to be the English f/w beta-testers were last sent w/the same fixes listed, and I'm assuming the HDR fix from one prior to that. I'd wait a little as they'll likely release the official version fairly soon.
My HT
ok it's not the official version but the beta ?
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

Hard to say. Possible they leaked the f/w, or they got it early. Seems nothing new in it besides what we already know. I'm hoping next official f/w has HDR fully fixed (including the Sony HDR 10-bit 59.940 clip playing), 3D flip-eyes fixed, and the weird vertical bands on left/right edges of 3D ISO's.

By later f/w's (sooner the better of course, but done right), I'd hope they fix microstutters w/23.976 material.
My HT
ok you did not receive any new from himedia about your work

(2016-05-03, 20:46)OlivierQC Wrote: the new f/w 1.0.3 seems to be available for chinese version ?

http://itvplus.net/firmware-himedia-q10-...34273.html

That is Vietnam
new wrapper available :

source forum futeko :
http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=710.30

New version of Q5/Q10 pro wrapper, 20160503. OP download link updated.

Fixes playback of Blu-Ray rips in directory structure format.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hd2z8a...160503.apk

ok , so i made some more tests and i did notice as well , that it not only stutters or doesn't adjust correctly with 720p , but also with 1080p if the resolution is not 100% 1920*1080 . For example, if the resolution is 1920*800 , due to the blackbars , it is not switching the framerate to 24p correctly.

Has anyone else noticed that ?
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8