• 29(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
Nice work... added link to your helpful post in post #1 here, under 'Tips and Tricks'.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-05-09, 00:33)hdmkv Wrote: Nice work... added link to your helpful post in post #1 here, under 'Tips and Tricks'.

thanks hdmkv Blush
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

(2016-05-08, 22:26)hdmkv Wrote: @OlivierQC, you may be the only guy here w/a 10-bit HDR display, so um, go ahead, check it out and enjoy the scenery, especially the figure in her striking bikini Wink.

Re: HDHomeRun, let me test via Kodi's HDHR add-on and report back.

Top man many thanks!
(2016-05-08, 22:26)hdmkv Wrote: @OlivierQC, you may be the only guy here w/a 10-bit HDR display, so um, go ahead, check it out and enjoy the scenery, especially the figure in her striking bikini Wink.

Re: HDHomeRun, let me test via Kodi's HDHR add-on and report back.

Which demo is the 10 bit hdr demo I wouldn't mind trying this on my Samsung set
(2016-05-08, 23:53)hdmkv Wrote: No, as HDMI 1.4 only. It does Blu-ray menus, but inconsistently from what I've read at AVSForum. And, of course, no Kodi, not to mention overpriced.

No Kodi and overpriced yes.
But HDMI 1.4 is all you need for 1080p (ripped UHD content is where?) and the avsforum also reports just how excellent and issue free the playback is, i.e all hd-audio, no stuttering ... - not something the Q10 Pro can claim yet - correct me if I'm wrong as I've an eye on both units.

Dune may also have a more cut-down model in the pipeline and there's also a new Popcorn Hour A-500 (out now), same chipset but cheaper and it does have its own video jukebox that might be worth looking at.
(2016-05-09, 12:52)JustAnotherUser Wrote:
(2016-05-08, 23:53)hdmkv Wrote: No, as HDMI 1.4 only. It does Blu-ray menus, but inconsistently from what I've read at AVSForum. And, of course, no Kodi, not to mention overpriced.

But HDMI 1.4 is all you need for 1080p (ripped UHD content is where?) and the avsforum also reports just how excellent and issue free the playback is, i.e all hd-audio, no stuttering ... - not something the Q10 Pro can claim yet - correct me if I'm wrong as I've an eye on both units.

Dune may also have a more cut-down model in the pipeline and there's also a new Popcorn Hour A-500 (out now), same chipset but cheaper and it does have its own video jukebox that might be worth looking at.

The dune can be considered a huge flop, with no 4k, no hdmi 2.0, no kodi ability and more then double the price. This is not a box i would even consider getting right now. If it is something you get you will most likely end up changing it or buying another box within a year, maybe much sooner ?

Are you seriously looking into the Dune or Popcorn Hour A-500Huh
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
sure why not? Monitoring user feedback on both players atm. The vast majority of glowing reports can't be ignored.

For me, 4K isn't a pressing need (and it follows that HDMI 2 isnt either) so solid 1080p playback is a priority.

I'd love to have a Kodi front end on my main media player (into a projector) but I'm not seeing the Q10 Pro playback issues improving yet, it probably needs another 6 months..
(2016-05-09, 17:48)JustAnotherUser Wrote: sure why not? Monitoring user feedback on both players atm. The vast majority of glowing reports can't be ignored.

For me, 4K isn't a pressing need (and it follows that HDMI 2 isnt either) so solid 1080p playback is a priority.

I'd love to have a Kodi front end on my main media player (into a projector) but I'm not seeing the Q10 Pro playback issues improving yet, it probably needs another 6 months..

If 4k and 3D MVC playback are not important to you, then why don't you get ChromeBox?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Sub charset CP 1250 not displaying romanian diacritics right (Wrapper)
http://www.filedropper.com/skyfall201210...hevc-mzabi
Srt file for test

Above srt file works fine on my old Q5 via wrapper with CP1250 selected.
(2016-05-08, 21:44)OlivierQC Wrote: did you try this one Big Grin

http://demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=133

Resolution : 3840x2160
File size : 384 Mo
Duration : 01min 24sec
Format : MP4
Codec : HEVC
Overall bit rate : 38.4 Mb/s
Bit depth : 10 bits
Frame rate : 24.00 fps

Nice Blush , although I much prefer stuff like this .....

Cool

Honestly considering a Popcorn Hour is the last thing you want to do...

@BORIStheBLADE knows a thing or two about Syabas (a.k.a. Cloud Media) Smile. On a serious note, Dune Solo 4K and PCH A-500 are based on the same Sigma SoC. They likely do (or will do) 3D and 2D 1080p very well, the actual video playback. But, I have no interest in trying, especially after buying and quickly eBay'ing off a VTEN fairly recently, why?... while 3D playback was excellent, as was 2D, proper framerates, 3D subs, etc., the cons were slow, dated UI, unintuitive set-up, dated jukebox, convoluted set-up for jukebox, and no Kodi. Would you want to use Windows 3.1 when you have 10? Dune w/Zappiti and PCH w/NMJ are both trying to emulate Kodi's skins and look.

(2016-05-08, 22:22)jonsco2 Wrote: Hi guys, looking forward to getting the Q10 pro next week. Does anyone use a HDhomerun with it? Does it stream OK? Cheers in advance.
Tested, and while MPEG2 (as I'm in USA ATSC land) plays well via native HiSilicon player for non-live, already saved .ts or .mpg, live TV streaming isn't good. Tied both HDHR Kodi add-on and HDHR Android app. In both cases, there are stutters, judders and playback is just far from smooth. I think best option may be to modify HiMedia wrapper's installed playercorefactory.xml to force .strm files to be played by the native player (vs. Kodi or HDHR app). So, use HDHR app on your PC to generate .strm for every channel, save them to NAS, then play each file/channel individually. Not ideal, but if you configure native player to play them as I noted, playback should be smooth.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-05-10, 00:32)hdmkv Wrote: @BORIStheBLADE knows a thing or two about Syabas (a.k.a. Cloud Media) Smile. On a serious note, Dune Solo 4K and PCH A-500 are based on the same Sigma SoC. They likely do (or will do) 3D and 2D 1080p very well, the actual video playback. But, I have no interest in trying, especially after buying and quickly eBay'ing off a VTEN fairly recently, why?... while 3D playback was excellent, as was 2D, proper framerates, 3D subs, etc., the cons were slow, dated UI, unintuitive set-up, dated jukebox, convoluted set-up for jukebox, and no Kodi. Would you want to use Windows 3.1 when you have 10? Dune w/Zappiti and PCH w/NMJ are both trying to emulate Kodi's skins and look.

(2016-05-08, 22:22)jonsco2 Wrote: Hi guys, looking forward to getting the Q10 pro next week. Does anyone use a HDhomerun with it? Does it stream OK? Cheers in advance.
Tested, and while MPEG2 (as I'm in USA ATSC land) plays well via native HiSilicon player for non-live, already saved .ts or .mpg, live TV streaming isn't good. Tied both HDHR Kodi add-on and HDHR Android app. In both cases, there are stutters, judders and playback is just far from smooth. I think best option may be to modify HiMedia wrapper's installed playercorefactory.xml to force .strm files to be played by the native player (vs. Kodi or HDHR app). So, use HDHR app on your PC to generate .strm for every channel, save them to NAS, then play each file/channel individually. Not ideal, but if you configure native player to play them as I noted, playback should be smooth.

Thanks for testing that. I'll do as you've suggested.
@ UHD TV
this video looks good, do you have the URL ?
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

• 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8