Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
From Futeko's sales blurb for the Q10...

http://www.futeko.com/products/MP068.php

Quote:An audiophiles dream. The highest quality audio bitstreamed at the highest rate possible to compatible HDMI / SPDIF receivers. Q10 Pro supports 192Khz 24bit LPCM multi channel (5.1/7.1) FLAC.

This has clearly now been proven to be False...from @looun's testing done here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2430578

Further points to note here is that Multichannel HD audio is not possible over SPDIF, there simply is not the required bandwidth available to transport the data over an optical connection.

A $40 AMLogic S905 running LibreELEC Kodi now has superior Multichannel PCM Audio support (inc. FLAC) than any Android Kodi device.

and....
Quote:Both Kodi with HiMedia wrapper and the pre-installed HiMedia video player app play full frame packed 3D BD-ISO......
with output at up to Ultra-HD 4K 60fps. 23.976 and 29.970 auto frame rate switching (match fps to HDMI output Hz) gives smooth playback of all video formats.
False advertising again when we know there is a well know Microstutters problem with 3D 23.976fps video playback.

Quote:HiMedia have gained a reputation over 5+ years for providing excellent firmware support.
Well, excellent Firmware support would mean you would expect any 3D playback bugs to be sorted out by now.

The Q10 is not some cheap AMLogic box that has just come fresh out of its wrapper and marketed to unsuspecting buyers Victims. But sold as a premium product for €183. As such higher standards are to be be expected and Truthful Advertising.

I'm not targeting HiMedia or Futeko here for special treatment. The nVIDIA Shield has been widely berated for broken 25/50fps deinterlacing for many months now. Upscaling on the Shield has also been found wanting. The WeTek Play2 was marked down by both hdmkv and myself for releasing the WeTV App as Beta Software. HiMedia products should be judged no differently IMHO.

Up to you hdmkv, but I know what I would be doing.

Messages In This Thread
HD Audio Problems with Q10 Pro - by BigPines - 2016-04-18, 18:34
[Key map] Remote Control PATCH - by looun - 2016-09-20, 00:38
Egreat A10: real or fake? - by boblo - 2016-09-30, 03:34
RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - by wrxtasy - 2016-10-18, 21:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8