Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
Hello Guys,

Could someone please help me with an issue I'm having regarding the HiMedia Q10 Pro.

I own a Onkyo HT-S7705 setup with an reciever and Dolby Atmos enabled speakers.
My HiMedia is connected with the reciever, and the reciever is connected to my TV. All HDMI cables.

I recently bought a new TV, the LG OLED55C6V with 4k, HDR and Dolby Vision.
Playing HDR or Dolby Vision content via Netflix directly on my TV works fine.

But playing a HDR or DV video file on the HiMedia through my reciever does not work.
So I figured my reciever can't do HDR or DV. Also my reciever can't passthrough 4.4.4 10 bit @ 4K.

Ok no problem.. I'll just connect HiMedia to my TV directly for the video, and connect the audio out to my reciever for sound.
But then I don't have Dolby Atmos or any other HD audio format! Same with the Audio Return Channel (ARC) no Dolby Atmos or HD audio.
That's because optical audio can only do 5.1 audio, and no HD audio. Same for ARC. (Why no HDMI Audio Out on HiMedia?)

So here is my question. How can I display HDR or DV content from my HiMedia and get HD audio at the same time?
It seems to me I have to choose between the two. And since there barely is any HDR or DV content I chose for the Atmos setup.

I'm really disapointed for this. It's like all these new Mediaplayers and TV's advertise with 4K, HDR, DV, ATMOS, DTS:X. But you can't have both HDR/DV and ATMOS/DTS:X at the same time?

Best Regards,

Messages In This Thread
HD Audio Problems with Q10 Pro - by BigPines - 2016-04-18, 18:34
[Key map] Remote Control PATCH - by looun - 2016-09-20, 00:38
Egreat A10: real or fake? - by boblo - 2016-09-30, 03:34
RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - by Akyno - 2016-11-24, 22:16
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8