Music library - Albumartist/Artist treatment
Sorry for that long post, I hope you can get you heads around it!

Put another way, either
Disable "show song and album artists" setting
or
create "artists" playlist with rule "role is albumartist"
or
create "artists" folder type custom node using the albumartistonly=true option

In all cases the artists listed are album artsists, and when you click on an artist the albums listed are only those by that artist. The album where they feature on a track, or the "Now 98" compliation are not shown.

If you want to see those extra items too you need to come form a list of artists that includes song artists.

~0~

I would also like to add a companion feature - maybe a context menu item that does not pass selection criteria on to the next level in the way that the default navigation will. Say you have selected artists, and then albums for an artist that have songs that satisfy criteria e.g. any combination of genre, path or role such as "classical composers of music on my NAS drive". Defaut behaviour will just show those songs, while the new context menu item could take you to all the songs for that album (regardless of criteria), or all the albums for that artist including those what just have a song by that artist not the enire album.

Having made filter/selection behaviour consistently transfered as you navigate, I also want a facility to release those restrictions and show more. What do you think?

There could also be a reverse navigation mode. Back will still just step back, but I think a context item from a song that take you to the album containing that song would be useful. Say you are playing a list, it would go to the album it is on. Likewise from album to go to the song artists and/or album artists so you can pick other music by them.

I know that the iOS remote already has this feature, why not have it on Kodi GUI too?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music library - Albumartist/Artist treatment - by DaveBlake - 2016-08-07, 19:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music library - Albumartist/Artist treatment0