Launching Netflix with Advanced Launcher and Launcher4Kodi
I currently launch Kodi as a shell using Launcher4Kodi in Windows 10, which works exactly as desired. I have Advanced Launcher pointing to a netflix.exe shortcut in order to launch Netflix. The issue is that it cannot launch until explorer.exe has been started, which only occurs after Kodi is closed.

Making explorer.exe the shell or including C:\Windows\explorer.exe as an external application that boots with Kodi causes explorer.exe to show up before Kodi which does not make the HTPC feel seamless. How can I get the Windows 10 Netflix application to launch from within Kodi while Kodi is the shell?
I have the exact same Problem and its 2017, this is freaking me out. Has anyone accomplished this in the mean while ?
Now its 2018.  Any progress?
you cant launch the windows 10 netflix app unless you have an internet connection and a desktop. launching kodi in its own shell stops this from happening.

my solution was to auto start kodi by way of a reg edit to put kodi in the msconfig startup list.

i also dumped launcher4kodi and instead use advanced launcher and netflixremote. the netflixremote opens netflix in 'full screen' mode and allows you to use a remote control to navigate, its a bit clunky but works.

when configuring advanced launcher you need to add netflix as a favourite.

you also need to know where the 'apps' folder is in windows 10. in explorer or any folder type shell:AppsFolder in the 'location bar box' and press enter. this takes you to your apps shortcuts folder. find the netflix app and copy. paste into somewhere useful like say the route of your kodi programs folder. once there you use advanced launcher and use the netflix shortcut you made as the exe.

when using xonfluence its easy to create a new home bar button and point it at the netflix shortcut that you placed in the favourites. or just launch from your favourites.

netflixremote comes with an xml to set up keyboard/mouse/remote commands. i had 'exit' set up as Esc on the keyboard.

i'm using krypton 17.6 and xonfluence

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launching Netflix with Advanced Launcher and Launcher4Kodi0