Please save me days of reading.
(2016-03-30, 23:53)Zildjian85 Wrote: I was able to add all the name to the Main Menu, and all seem to work, but the way I did it, it seems when I click on Movies, TV Shows, etc.. they all bring up all my Vid Addons, but at least they are all showing up, and seem to function when clicking on them (They need to be cleaned up).

When fishing through MissTech vids some more I came across another 8 part tutorial on making a build. In that she used a program called "Categories". Everything seemed real easy to add in there. I checked Wiki and it seems to work in Jarvis.

Now I'm just wondering should I install this and use it, as it seems pretty straight forward, but when looking into Zepher options it shows sub categories etc... already there. (She was using the NOX skin) So don't know if she needed it for that skin because the option was not there by default, or just an added convenience. Should I install Categories or will this skin do the same thing maybe just not as straight forward as this Categories seems to be.

What I am trying to accomplish is have like a Movies, with subs pointing to the add ons I watch movies from, Same with Live TV, TV Series.
Then when clicking on the main group it will bring up all the movie add ons as a whole.

It is coming along slowly but it's coming along. I think once I get that sorted the rest will be a breeze in the setup.
you can go ahead and install Categories if you like with AZ skin but i don't think you really need it with the facility you allready have for submenus, you can start to get lost with categories !
(2016-03-31, 08:46)Zildjian85 Wrote: Heh, Braz, and Guardian,

To be honest I said I was a Skinning Virgin, and pretty damm new to all that is KODI.
I have run three builds since I discovered KODI, ****, **** and ****, which uses Artic Zepher.
I did not know there was different one until after I undertook this journey. That's when I posted into the Ashes thread to ask what if any differences there were. However I now know from Braz's reply that I guess **** uses the original as I have been using that one on an Android box and his has the line underneath, hence my confusion as to why mine (Braz edition) does not. Then I saw a build tutorial with the color picker that had the ability to change the opacity of the color and mine did not. I got the color picker thing sorted.

So now I have two questions that I think Braz will be able to answer since Guardian I think stated she has only seen hers.
Is there any code or anything I can do to your edition to give me the underscore line underneath. I think that looks so much cleaner?
Second does the original have the ability to either change the opacity of the color in the color picker, and if not can I delete the shadow16b.png, and bg.jpg files to make the menu bar invisible like you can in your version?

I guess I want to be able to make the menu bar transparent so the words are like floating on the main menu, and the underscore instead of high lighted.

Thanks for your response and clearing things up for me a bit. Smile I like my build are a work in progress. LOL
"Builds" are not supported here and their very discussion could lead to this entire thread being sent to the garbage bin. See http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

There are no options in my mod for the line under focused main menu items. You would need to switch to one of the other mods or the original if that is a requirement. Although my mod might look much like the original, a lot of code has changed. There's no easy way for a beginning skinner to change it back.
[/quote]
"Builds" are not supported here and their very discussion could lead to this entire thread being sent to the garbage bin. See http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons [/quote]

WOW, I did not know that, I know talking about what may or may not being going on the skins might be a little sketchy to talk about, but the skin itself, I had no idea. I guess it is a real fine line.

I can say that this is strictly for my own personal use, no intention of putting it out there for anyone else., just want it to look nice, in the way that I envision it in my mind aesthetics wise that is. So it's kind of like fight club huh, you can have the files here and talk about what is or isn't on there, but not about installing it, or how to make it look different?

Ok, so I glanced over the rules, and see by my mentioning a community thing is where I went wrong. it will never happen again. my apologies to anyone out there reading this.
Do you or anyone know if I can delete the shadow16b.png and the bg.jpg on the original if it will make the menu bar transparent like it will on your mod? If so it would accomplish what I want to do in making the menu bar transparent or as close it as I can get, and give me the underscore.

That is really all I wanted the opacity changer to begin with for.

Thanks all of you for your help, and my apologies for any rule that I may have broken, I was trying to be careful about not talking about the other things, I had no idea talking about a completed skin of someones was not allowed. I was just using it for comparison purposes in aesthetics.
@Zildjian85....just curious...do you play the drums ?
Smile
(2016-03-31, 17:45)pusb87 Wrote: @Zildjian85....just curious...do you play the drums ?
Smile

Heh, yea for about 35 years, not really so much anymore (old age has gotten the best of me 51 now), but yea.
You play?
(2016-03-31, 18:01)Zildjian85 Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 17:45)pusb87 Wrote: @Zildjian85....just curious...do you play the drums ?
Smile

Heh, yea for about 35 years, not really so much anymore (old age has gotten the best of me 51 now), but yea.
You play?

very similar to myself then, but had a break for about 15 years (im 60!), got the urge again ........shame on me though....... i now have an electronic kit
(2016-03-31, 19:46)pusb87 Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 18:01)Zildjian85 Wrote:
Smile

You play?

very similar to myself then, but had a break for about 15 years (im 60!), got the urge again ........shame on me though....... i now have an electronic kit

The wife bought me a real nice set of Bongos for Xmas this year as a way to nudge me back into it, but I'm stage 3 COPD so I get winded easily so sitting behind my 23 piece is just too much.
(2016-03-31, 16:52)Zildjian85 Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 16:24)braz Wrote: "Builds" are not supported here and their very discussion could lead to this entire thread being sent to the garbage bin. See http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

There are no options in my mod for the line under focused main menu items. You would need to switch to one of the other mods or the original if that is a requirement. Although my mod might look much like the original, a lot of code has changed. There's no easy way for a beginning skinner to change it back.

WOW, I did not know that, I know talking about what may or may not being going on the skins might be a little sketchy to talk about, but the skin itself, I had no idea. I guess it is a real fine line.

I can say that this is strictly for my own personal use, no intention of putting it out there for anyone else., just want it to look nice, in the way that I envision it in my mind aesthetics wise that is. So it's kind of like fight club huh, you can have the files here and talk about what is or isn't on there, but not about installing it, or how to make it look different?

Ok, so I glanced over the rules, and see by my mentioning a community thing is where I went wrong. it will never happen again. my apologies to anyone out there reading this.

Yes, "Builds" are a programmatic term usually used in the context of executable files (elf, exe, etc.) Each of the variations of the Arctic Zephyr you see here are considered "Modifications" or "Mods" and are derivatives of the original work which was done by Jurialmonkey. An analogy to this would be pretty much exactly how Linux works: there are many "distributions" out there, each with their own tweaks and changes, but they are all still Linux in the end. Here, well, here we just like to call them "modifications" or "MOD" as you see in the thread titles.

Now you may have been confused with the "Build" declaration used as "versioning management" within the AZ:FA thread. Anyone who examines the code that pulls that up on that particular screen will see it's actually just a text string that is typed in at the point the "commit" is made to GitHub. The reason that exists is that there are so many ways to get the skin, the string text is intentionally changed when a new working branch is created on GitHub which makes sure people don't download the working development branch (it's happened).

Likewise, you'll see that the code pulls the Kodi variable for the version (i.e. 3.0.04) and the tree is simply the Kodi variable with a textual string added to the end of it on that page. Likewise, Braz and I'm sure Jurialmonkey do their own versioning; it just might not be available on an accessible page. It helps when you need to track down where a bug occurred.

However, when you go to get it, it's just 3.0.04 for example. No builds, no anything other than the proper addon version.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
Guardian,

Thanks for explaining that. Good Analogy. Just did not know there were different versions at the time. Got it all working. I took the original because of the underscore highlight, deleted the texture/image files for the Main Menu bar, and now I have the best of both worlds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please save me days of reading.0