Kodi Without WIFI?
I have a ASUS CHROMEBOX-M004U with Kodi installed. I am planning on going out of town and wondering if I can still use it if there is no WIFI at my destination. Thanks!
Since Kodi is primarily designed to be a media player for your local media it does not require an active internet connection for this purpose.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Ok,. so I use my phone as the remote for my Kodi,. its connected via wifi,. That is why I initially brought up the question,. If I wasn't on WIFI,. what would be the best most preferred way to control it?
(2016-03-30, 18:37)wtwaggoner Wrote: Ok,. so I use my phone as the remote for my Kodi,. its connected via wifi,. That is why I initially brought up the question,. If I wasn't on WIFI,. what would be the best most preferred way to control it?

Just take a spare keyboard with you, that will do the job.
ok thanks Smile
Bluetooth works too.
Ok so Im savvy,. but not super duper tech savvy,. Wink I am pretty sure my Asus has integrated bluetooth,. soooo,., I haven't connected to it before with my phone., would my android remote app on my phone be able to connect to my Kodi via bluetooth? Has anyone done this before?
Which remote app are you using? Kore? Yatse?
Kore.,
let me guess here for a second, you have OpenElec on your chromebox, don't you? 'cause I'm pretty sure it ain't Android....
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
yes,. now let me take a stab at it,. I posted in the wrong forum?
(2016-03-30, 18:37)wtwaggoner Wrote: Ok,. so I use my phone as the remote for my Kodi,. its connected via wifi,. That is why I initially brought up the question,. If I wasn't on WIFI,. what would be the best most preferred way to control it?

Could you make a WiFi hotspot on your phone? You would need to setup the Chromebox to connect to that network using a Keyboard / mouse but you could do that at home before you leave.
(2016-03-31, 00:32)wtwaggoner Wrote: yes,. now let me take a stab at it,. I posted in the wrong forum?

welcome, Sherlock Wink back to your topic, I wouldn't go through the hassle of setting up any kind of wifi-app-remote access when travelling. only makes sense IMHO if you also have a mobile wifi UMTS hotspot. instead, activate the bluetooth (it's in the OpenElec settings) and get a small bluetooth keyboard&trackpad from e.g. logitech.

here's the dedicated thread for your chromebox setup http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=194362
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Without WIFI?0