• 34(current)
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC
thanks that worked for the lineup.
It may not have been your software directly. However, in the way your software may have been handling (or not handling) errors, my system may not have been able to recover. I'll try the updated version and let you know.

BTW - New record....3 or 4 consecutive days of successful downloading with V0.7.5 Smile

(2017-11-02, 17:03)edit4ever Wrote:
(2017-11-02, 02:17)stephr1 Wrote: Fairly serious error becuz it leaves my HDHomeRun tuner LEDs flashing which means the tuner(s) have been accessed, but not gracefully managed. Any ideas?
Strange as nothing in my addon accesses a tuner at all.  It actually can be run on any system seperate if you want from the system with the tuners on it.
Give my update a try and see if that works for you.
I've pushed a small update for the zap2epg addon - it includes the following:
  • adds generic timezone lineups (usefule for IPTV networks)
  • adds station/channel icons
  • removes old episode data from cache
You can find the release here: https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...tag/v0.3.0

After feedback on this version - I will likely post as a new addon release for wider testing and get ready to submit for the Kodi repo.  Please let me know if you have issues with this.

Thanks!
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Testing ATSC single and dual tuners on RPi3 and the occasional s905 box
If you like my work you can buy me a coffee!
OK. Done some more testing. Successful update last night for 14 days. Initial guide output took something like 2600 secs. Last night's update was only ~275 secs. I noticed the resultant guide file is smaller than what was returned using zap2xml. That may be due to channels that I did not include this time. Have to check that out.

If there's is anything I can suggest, it has to do with the name of the guide file (default is xmltv.xml) and the path to it. For some reason my system (and it may only be my system for some reason) had some kind of issue with variables (ADDON_HOME, ADDON_DIR and XMLTV_OUTPUT) so I made them absolute path names. Also, my xmltv.xml (I renamed it tvguide.xml) is located in a ~/.xmltv directory so I had to change XMLTV_OUTPUT in tv_grab_zap2epg and outFile = os.path.join(userdata, '/home/osmc/.xmltv/tvguide.xml') in def xmltv(): in zap2epg.py. Don't know if there is any way to set this in settings.xml (forgot where to go in TVHeadEnd to change path and name).

Other than that, works great and appreciate the effort. I'll download 0.3.0 and check it out (after I change the variables and zap2epg.py line Sad

Thx and cheers.....

(2017-11-08, 02:46)edit4ever Wrote: I've pushed a small update for the zap2epg addon - it includes the following:
  • adds generic timezone lineups (usefule for IPTV networks)
  • adds station/channel icons
  • removes old episode data from cache
You can find the release here: https://github.com/edit4ever/script.modu...tag/v0.3.0

After feedback on this version - I will likely post as a new addon release for wider testing and get ready to submit for the Kodi repo.  Please let me know if you have issues with this.

Thanks!
Thanks for testing...if you want to hold on updating I was going to add the output file path and name options anyway - so I'll try to tackle that tomorrow.
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
(2017-11-08, 04:07)stephr1 Wrote: For some reason my system (and it may only be my system for some reason) had some kind of issue with variables (ADDON_HOME, ADDON_DIR and XMLTV_OUTPUT) so I made them absolute path names.
It looks like you're using OSMC.  Since my experience is with LibreELEC, Ubuntu and Windows installations - there must be something different about the OSMC path.
Can you let me know what your full path for userdata/addon_data/script.module.zap2epg is?
Yes. OSMC/Debian. Full path: /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/....

Another successful update last night. File size was ~17 MB (closer to when I was using zap2xml), 5842 secs. Looked at the log file and found this:

2017/11/08 03:00:00 Running zap2epg for zipcode: 94086 and lineup: Local Over the Air Broadcast
2017/11/08 03:00:00 No channel list found - adding all stations! (NOTE: Explains why the file was so big and took so long)
2017/11/08 03:00:00 Parsing 1510138800.json.gz

....snip.....snip.....snip.....

2017/11/08 04:36:58 No data for episode MV000098790000:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2epg/zap2epg.py", line 219, in printEpisodes
fh.write('\t\t<icon src="https://zap2it.tmsimg.com/assets/' + edict['epthumb'] + '.jpg" />\n')
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
2017/11/08 04:37:11 No data for episode MV000098790000:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2epg/zap2epg.py", line 219, in printEpisodes
fh.write('\t\t<icon src="https://zap2it.tmsimg.com/assets/' + edict['epthumb'] + '.jpg" />\n')
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
2017/11/08 04:37:23 Checking for old cache files...
2017/11/08 04:37:23 Deleting old cache: 1510124400.json.gz

....snip.....snip.....snip.....

The statement about "No channel list found - ...." seems a bit odd. Thought I had set the channel list. Before I consider this an issue, I'll have to go back and check that again. Not sure why it might have changed. Don't specifically remember doing anything that might have caused it. Let you what what, if anything, I find.

wrt to next update. No problem on waiting to test that.

Cheers....

(2017-11-08, 17:17)edit4ever Wrote:
(2017-11-08, 04:07)stephr1 Wrote: For some reason my system (and it may only be my system for some reason) had some kind of issue with variables (ADDON_HOME, ADDON_DIR and XMLTV_OUTPUT) so I made them absolute path names.
It looks like you're using OSMC.  Since my experience is with LibreELEC, Ubuntu and Windows installations - there must be something different about the OSMC path.
Can you let me know what your full path for userdata/addon_data/script.module.zap2epg is?
Thanks for the update - I already fixed the icon issue that is noted in the log. If you want to download the 0.3.1 version - you can just extract the default.py and zap2epg.py files and put those in the ~.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2epg folder. Then you don't have to rework the grabber file.

This should allow you to test the current updates without messing up your tvheadend grabber changes.
I still have to change the zap2epg.py reference to the output file, but that's fairly easy.

Will test and post back my results.

Cheers....

(2017-11-08, 18:13)edit4ever Wrote: Thanks for the update - I already fixed the icon issue that is noted in the log. If you want to download the 0.3.1 version - you can just extract the default.py and zap2epg.py files and put those in the ~.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2epg folder. Then you don't have to rework the grabber file.

This should allow you to test the current updates without messing up your tvheadend grabber changes.
edit4ever, you're my hero!

That is some great work you did in your zap2epg version. Code looks much more efficient and it is working great. I pulled the trigger and updated my Odroid C2 to LibreELEC 8.2, tvheadend 4.2.3 and installed your zap2epg from last week. Setup went really smooth compared to the 50 other times I've had to mess with things. My other install lost the season and episode tag for some reason, probably having to do with the changes zap2it website was trying to push through. So it was time to give up on the really outdated tvheadend, and go with the latest outdated tvheadend since it still wasn't working as smoothly as I'd like. It is a still a headache, somehow the autorec is now broken, clicking to record a series loads all shows for that channel for however long the guide goes out to. The regexp isn't being read properly I think is the bug I've found so far, so you have to manually change the parameter syntax to get it work. Besides that, the details are coming in nicely, guide is updating consistently with your new zap2epg and I dig how much simpler it seems to be. 

It looks like your latest version might be able to handle the daylight savings time schedule change next time around? All my upcoming recordings were shifted an hour and I missed some shows, but I think that is more a tvheadend issue then zap2epg? I think I have everything squared away now, fixed the duplicates that showed the hour difference and recording and guide updates have been going smoothly the rest of this week.

Thanks again, you've done a great service to the zap2xml community!
2 things....

1st, it was me who cleared the the lineup and lineupcode settings when I installed/updated to the previous version of zap2epg Sad Did not make that mistake for the most recent update.

2nd, not only do I have to change the path/file in zap2epg.py, but I had to change a few text lines to reflect the name of my guide.

(2017-11-08, 18:13)edit4ever Wrote: Thanks for the update - I already fixed the icon issue that is noted in the log. If you want to download the 0.3.1 version - you can just extract the default.py and zap2epg.py files and put those in the ~.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2epg folder. Then you don't have to rework the grabber file.

i have done some more using of the interface. 

Under Configure and Options,  you allow editing of the Zip, Lineup, Lineup Code, and Station list.   it feels  like allowing editing on that screen will add confusion.   The required inputs are not intuitively obvious and it seemed every time i change something there, the addon did not gab correctly.  it also gives the feel adding a station in the station list will pull in the new station but i does not. (it probably needs to be part of the lineup)

it seems just going through your pop up is the best way to go.   

I appreciate the hard work.
@hagertyoh - it's true that one shouldn't manually change those settings - but for now I have them there for easy checking during testing.  I will consider removing or putting a warning on the top of that page.  I could alos move them into a different category and put the settings that are manually configurable on the first page.  Good thought!

@stephr1 - I'm going to setup a test environment with OSMC so I can investigate the issue with the grabber.  Can I ask why you need to rename the file to tvguide.xml and place it in a different folder?  Are you not using the zap2epg grabber for tvheadend?  If you're using a different grabber, let me know and I can think about ways to address that or may a stand alone version of the addon.  Thanks!
The renaming of the file was just my choice. Not sure if that's an option that should be provided to general users (I expect it could be set up as an option in the configuration/setup function and use it as a variable thru out the code, but I expect that would make the code a bit more complex than it needed to be). The original path in tv_grab_zap2xml was ~/storage/.xmltv (iirc) and there was no /storage directory set up when I 1st installed OSMC (maybe that's a Windows convention. OSMC for the RPI 3 is Debian-based). Since I had to change the path, I decided to change the file name...just because I could Smile

(2017-11-09, 16:46)edit4ever Wrote: @stephr1 - I'm going to setup a test environment with OSMC so I can investigate the issue with the grabber.  Can I ask why you need to rename the file to tvguide.xml and place it in a different folder?  Are you not using the zap2epg grabber for tvheadend?  If you're using a different grabber, let me know and I can think about ways to address that or may a stand alone version of the addon.  Thanks!
@stephr1 that makes sense since you were trying to be compatible with the old zap2xml.

When I created zap2epg - I started from the point of being cross platform compatible.  Therefore it creates the xmltv.xml file in the userdata folder for zap2epg and the tvh grabber tv_grab_zap2epg looks for it there.  Those folders will always exsist - so it should not be an issue on any OS install.  The only question is whether your system is seeing the .kodi folder when you cd to $HOME.

You can test that by trying:

cd ~
cd .kodi

If that resolves to OSMC:~/.kodi then my original code should work for you.  I will still try an OSMC install just to confirm as soon as I can.  Thanks!
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC4