• 44(current)
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC
One other thing to note - it seems that the zap2it listings may only be going out 11 days...so that may impact things.  I may need to update the max number of days to 11.
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Testing ATSC single and dual tuners on RPi3 and the occasional s905 box
If you like my work you can buy me a coffee!
Update (1/23/18.1)

Found the problem. Apparently, the last update glitched openvpn and locked the network up weirdly (prob'ly tried the update while the vpn was active). Reset/disabled the vpn and everything was back to normal (be that as it may). I killed setting.xml, reloaded 0.7.4, redid the new settings.xml file and did a download. Good news is you had a file that kept all of my previously selected/enabled channels so I didn't have to do much (TY for that Smile Ran a guide update and worked fine. I'll watch it over the next dew days to make sure, but I think things are fine (till the next system update, maybe? Sad

Not necessarily related to the vpn problem, but certainly a result of the update....samba updated and replaced my smb.conf file with a new one which reset the WORKGROUP setting and caused some access problems from other systems on the subnet. That was an easy fix.

Orig (1/23/18.0)

OK. Just checked out my Fedora system. Works as well as the Win 10. Problem is definitely with the RPI 3/OSMC. I'll have to get to it later today and then get zap2epg back up and running.

Keep you posted. Thx.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just confirmed I've got some kind of dns issue on the RPI 3/OSMC system. I can ping an ipaddr but cannot ping the url (i.e. security.debian.org). However, my Win 10 system on the same subnet and same router can still do both (I'll have to check my Fedora system later to confirm this). So it looks like the last update did something to my network config. arrrrrrrrgggghhh. I'll have to sort that out later. Looks like problem was NOT with zap2epg....reset was unnecessary arrrrrrrrgggghhh x 2 Sad

(2018-01-23, 17:44)edit4ever Wrote: One other thing to note - it seems that the zap2it listings may only be going out 11 days...so that may impact things.  I may need to update the max number of days to 11.
For those interested - I have posted a basic setup guide wiki as well as information on manually creating/editing the settings.xml file.  This is useful for those that just want to run zap2epg.py without running it as a kodi addon.

https://github.com/edit4ever/script.module.zap2epg/wiki

Please let me know if any information needs more detail.

Thanks!
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Thought I did everything right, except I noticed that the station names that got automatically taken OTA by Station scans do not match the ones downloaded via this (from Zap). I then manually edited the names (they are close enough but not exact in the beginning) to match for a few of them, as I couldn't see the EPG shown in TV in Kodi. Still same. Don't know what's missing. The download seems fine. I have a location in Canada (thus I put in Postal Code instead of Zip Code), couldn't think of anything else. Any ideas?
@fortissimo if you have the "Append TVheadend Service Names" option enabled in the zap2epg settings, it will automatically add that name to the xmltv.xml for each channel.

Then after it runs, you will likely need to restart your system for both tvheadend and kodi to update the epg info.

Now that you have changed the names of the channels, I'm not 100% sure if it will work - how ever you can reset those names in tvheadend webUI.  Also, if it is not working for you for some reason, you can manually map the epg source for each channel in either the tvheadend webUI or through my tvh2kodi addon.

Let me know how it goes.
Apologies for not responding sooner. I had a few moments to scan over your wiki posting (Plan to find some more time to read it more carefully for grammatics, clarity, consistency, "process" flow, etc.). Overall, tho, very nicely done!!!

A couple of inputs at this point: Might it make sense to include some examples of a typical set up process in areas where there could be any confusion? Also, I did not see any comments/references wrt the platform (i.e. Debian/OSMC, LibreElec, Windows, etc.). Is the zap2epg setup process/usage consistent across all platforms/OSes?

More feedback if/when I find any.

Cheers and thanks.....

(2018-01-25, 19:55)edit4ever Wrote: For those interested - I have posted a basic setup guide wiki as well as information on manually creating/editing the settings.xml file.  This is useful for those that just want to run zap2epg.py without running it as a kodi addon.

https://github.com/edit4ever/script.module.zap2epg/wiki

Please let me know if any information needs more detail.

Thanks!
@stephr1  Thanks for taking a look and I look forward to your deeper review!  As for the OS info - zap2epg should run the same on any Kodi installation.  I haven't received any feedback with issues for different platforms - other than those that try to run it without the Kodi setup.  (i.e. on a NAS or pure linux setup)  So I didn't think it would be necessary.
You're quite welcome. It's the least I can do in my way of saying thanks for all the work you've done Smile

So, to be clear, whether it's OSMC/Kodi (would that also include LibreElec/Kodi?) on Windows or some form of Linux, the install process (which would include things like putting tv_grab_zap2epg in the right directory) and set up process, including the GUI and setup options, would be the same (and somewhat transparent to the user) no matter the platform.

(2018-02-15, 20:11)edit4ever Wrote: @stephr1  Thanks for taking a look and I look forward to your deeper review!  As for the OS info - zap2epg should run the same on any Kodi installation.  I haven't received any feedback with issues for different platforms - other than those that try to run it without the Kodi setup.  (i.e. on a NAS or pure linux setup)  So I didn't think it would be necessary.
@stephr1  I haven't received any notices that is is different or there is any issues - so the install and setup and use should be exactly the same under any Kodi installation.

Install the addon and configure your location and options.

Where it gets messy is when someone isn't using tvheadend, but I tried to put up some info for those users.  Most importantly, if they're not using tvheadend, they need to disable the tvheadend option in zap2epg settings.

Thanks!
(2018-02-15, 16:46)edit4ever Wrote: @fortissimo if you have the "Append TVheadend Service Names" option enabled in the zap2epg settings, it will automatically add that name to the xmltv.xml for each channel.

Then after it runs, you will likely need to restart your system for both tvheadend and kodi to update the epg info.

Now that you have changed the names of the channels, I'm not 100% sure if it will work - how ever you can reset those names in tvheadend webUI.  Also, if it is not working for you for some reason, you can manually map the epg source for each channel in either the tvheadend webUI or through my tvh2kodi addon.

Let me know how it goes.
 I have rebooted the system, same. I checked the "append TVH service names" and it's checked (and I had not changed it so it was default). I only changed names on a couple of channels, but no channels showing any EPG, regardless if I had changed the names or not. Same for after rebooting. (That was after some days, so I did a manual EPG download / update again, and it was successful (it takes a while as I was greedy so I picked the longest EPG length, think it's 11 days).

So it's still not doing much for me. Sorry but at a loss, think I am close but not sure where to look. Thanks.
Do you have the zap2epg grabber enabled in tvheadend?

Can you provide the zap2epg.log and/or kodi log as well as the xmltv.xml file?
(2018-02-22, 12:57)edit4ever Wrote: Do you have the zap2epg grabber enabled in tvheadend?

Can you provide the zap2epg.log and/or kodi log as well as the xmltv.xml file?
 I think I do. I will try to grab those files for you soon / later. Many thanks!
(2018-02-22, 11:34)fortissimo Wrote:
(2018-02-15, 16:46)edit4ever Wrote: @fortissimo if you have the "Append TVheadend Service Names" option enabled in the zap2epg settings, it will automatically add that name to the xmltv.xml for each channel.

Let me know how it goes.
 I have rebooted the system, same. I checked the "append TVH service names" and it's checked (and I had not changed it so it was default). I only changed names on a couple of channels, but no channels showing any EPG, regardless if I had changed the names or not. Same for after rebooting. (That was after some days, so I did a manual EPG download / update again, and it was successful (it takes a while as I was greedy so I picked the longest EPG length, think it's 11 days).

So it's still not doing much for me. Sorry but at a loss, think I am close but not sure where to look. Thanks.   
 Running into similar troubles here. Include logfiles and a screenshot.
screenshot

epg log

xmltv.xml
[edit] nevermind. I was just impatient. Perhaps you can include a bit in your manual that populating the epg takes time. Woke up this morning and everything was populated correctly.  Thank you! [/edit]
(2018-03-16, 19:37)Undrwater Wrote: nevermind. I was just impatient. Perhaps you can include a bit in your manual that populating the epg takes time. Woke up this morning and everything was populated correctly.  Thank you!
Yeah - if you have a lot of channels, have it set to a lot of days to download and have extra details turned on...it can take quite awhile for the first download to complete.

Glad to hear it's working for you...enjoy!
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC4