• 22(current)
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC
Thanks for letting me know - I'll have to check out what is causing the different issues for different cities/headends.

Enjoy!
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Testing ATSC single and dual tuners on RPi3 and the occasional s905 box
If you like my work you can buy me a coffee!
LibreElec 8.0.2 on my Raspberry Pi 3
I think zap2xml stopped working a few days ago,
so...
I checked and updated to version 0.7.3
I double checked the login – good to go

checked tvheadend 4.2 and zap2xml shows in config>channel/epg>epg grabber modules> zap2xml is the only active grabber.

I checked config>channel/epg>channels – all have zap2xml assigned.

Checked the zap2it preferences and all is good to go

any ideas?
thank you for the help

log:
2017-08-21 08:10:39.546 spawn: Executing "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml"
2017-08-21 08:11:30.354 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: grab took 51 seconds
2017-08-21 08:11:30.354 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: parse took 0 seconds
2017-08-21 08:11:30.354 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: channels tot= 0 new= 0 mod= 0
2017-08-21 08:11:30.354 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: brands tot= 0 new= 0 mod= 0
2017-08-21 08:11:30.354 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: seasons tot= 0 new= 0 mod= 0
2017-08-21 08:11:30.354 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: episodes tot= 0 new= 0 mod= 0
2017-08-21 08:11:30.354 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2xml/bin/tv_grab_zap2xml: broadcasts tot= 0 new= 0 mod= 0
Looks like the download was working but the parse was not. COuld you post the zap2xml log and the xmltv.xml file that it generated? They are in the userdata/addon_data/script.module.zap2xml folder.

Also - what version were you using before 0.7.3?
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
@edit4ever
thank you for the reply

zap2xml log and the xmltv.xml:
https://ln.sync.com/dl/abddbf5c0/57pknqb...4-4gte8r96

the original version that stopped working was 0.6.5

thank you again
OK - do me a favor - go to the zap2it website and look at the tv schedule page. Float your mouse cursor over the logout text near the top left and let me know what the popup text says. Mine says "Logout of your Zap2it account"

I think they are changing this text to throw off the systems or it is leftover changes from when its name was changed to Screener.

If your text is different, I have to change the login code. If yours says "Logout of your Screener account" - you can try version 0.6.6 and see if it works.

Please let me know either way so I can include the proper update to the login. Thanks!
Mine says "Logout of your Zap2it account" also
thanks
OK that's strange - try version 0.7.1 and see if you have the same error - if so, post the zap2xml.log again.
success!!
rolling back to the future 0.7.1 did the trick

just to be sure i reinstalled 0.7.2 again first- no go

so something in 0.7.2 is mucking things up

i am willing to troubleshoot this if you like
The v0.7.2 changes dealt with non-standard channel numbers (containing letters) but there was also a change somewhere along the way to the settings list.

If you want to test - you could try a clean v0.7.3 installation (delete the zap2xml userdata folder before installing).

If you're setup is working - I understand if you don't want to do a clean install! Kind of a pain to setup again. I will be able to test in a cople of days so no worries.
i assume i could backup the userdata addon file and restore after testing correct?
if so i will give it a try soon
You could back it up and restore to the previous v0.7.1 version and it should work.

v0.7.2 and v0.7.3 had some changes in the settings order that I think make them incompatible with previous versions.
so i did a test of 0.7.3 clean install

Re-run Internal EPG Grabbers - no xmltv.xml file found
so i placed the old xmltv.xml file in and it worked fine
Chances are if you only dropped in the old xmltv.xml file it is just parsing that but not downloading new guide data. If you check the zap2xml.lpg it should show whether it downloaded new items.
i did wonder about that. is there another way
edit : could i delete the channels from the file in an editor?
It's just a standard xml file - so you can edit it...it will be overwritten when the grabber runs.

Would like to see the zapxml.log from the clean v0.7.3 install (or v0.7.2 if that's what you're running) to see what the break point is.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC4