• 194(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
@DjDiabolik: Live isn't included with the videos list due to it being a separate search request (most costly api call), so when viewing a channel choosing 'Live' searches that channel for live events. It's never normal for the settings to be reset without your confirmation. The 'stall/hang' you are seeing is likely one of the api requests not returning promptly in my experience. The developer's api keys are for other add-on developers to be able to make requests using their own keys and using their quota(if they choose to) instead of the YouTube add-on or your own quota, setting this to false will ignore developers keys.

@tantrumdev: Searching within a channel wasn't added until the recent alpha versions. 

The latest alpha zips are available at:
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo....5.0-alpha

Changes:
[add] allow developers to use their own api key
[add] audio only to quality selection
[add] age gate enforcement - Settings -> General
[add] allow offensive content - Settings -> General
[add] quick search and quick search (incognito) to Settings -> Folders
- incognito doesn't add to search history or run post play events (add to watch history)
[add] quick search to channels (no history)
[add] Live folder to channels
[fix/upd] use select dialog for subtitle setting
- [add] Configure subtitles to Settings -> General
- [add] Current language with No auto-generated subtitles option
[upd] youtube_resolver: allow resolve by url
[fix/upd] do not use distutils.version.LooseVersion for version compare [stefansaraev]
[fix/upd] add check to api key stripping
[fix/upd] subtitles default to non asr track when possible
[fix/upd] login client logging and endpoints
[fix] /api/update route logging
[upd] Hebrew strings [Eng2Heb]
[upd] Polish strings [Etharr]
[upd] Italian strings [DjDiabolik]
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2017-11-17, 16:06)anxdpanic Wrote: @DjDiabolik: Live isn't included with the videos list due to it being a separate search request (most costly api call), so when viewing a channel choosing 'Live' searches that channel for live events. It's never normal for the settings to be reset without your confirmation. The 'stall/hang' you are seeing is likely one of the api requests not returning promptly in my experience. The developer's api keys are for other add-on developers to be able to make requests using their own keys and using their quota(if they choose to) instead of the YouTube add-on or your own quota, setting this to false will ignore developers keys.

@tantrumdev: Searching within a channel wasn't added until the recent alpha versions. 

The latest alpha zips are available at:
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo....5.0-alpha

Changes:
[add] allow developers to use their own api key
[add] audio only to quality selection
[add] age gate enforcement - Settings -> General
[add] allow offensive content - Settings -> General
[add] quick search and quick search (incognito) to Settings -> Folders
- incognito doesn't add to search history or run post play events (add to watch history)
[add] quick search to channels (no history)
[add] Live folder to channels
[fix/upd] use select dialog for subtitle setting
- [add] Configure subtitles to Settings -> General
- [add] Current language with No auto-generated subtitles option
[upd] youtube_resolver: allow resolve by url
[fix/upd] do not use distutils.version.LooseVersion for version compare [stefansaraev]
[fix/upd] add check to api key stripping
[fix/upd] subtitles default to non asr track when possible
[fix/upd] login client logging and endpoints
[fix] /api/update route logging
[upd] Hebrew strings [Eng2Heb][upd] Polish strings [Etharr][upd] Italian strings [DjDiabolik]
Thanks for the info. Working with Alpha as intended. Gives results as the following path: Playlist Directory -> Playlist Found In -> Entire Playlist. Is there a way for it to return the result of the videos found in the playlist, rather than displaying the entire playlist?
There is currently no way to narrow the search within a playlist. Will keep it in mind though.
I'm having a bit of an issue and can't seem to find anyone else having the same problem.  I just updated Kodi to 17.6 and the YouTube Plug-in to 5.4.5 from the repository.  Everything in the plugin seems to be functioning fine except that the video itself freezes on the first frame loaded.  Audio plays out with no problems, but the first frame remains in place until I manually advance to another point in the video, and that frame will freeze in place.  Am I missing a setting somewhere?  Anyone have any ideas what could be going on?
I really like kodi for its huge collection of add-ons, but how come the youtube addon is so slow?

it takes ages just going into subs or recommended...

and "history" does not show up. tried almost everything. in the native youtube app it is showing up correctly. 

please help me.
Please see the following from the FAQ in Post #3 on Page #1 here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2299963

* HOW TO USE THE CUSTOM WATCH LATER and CUSTOM HISTORY FEATURE
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
thanks @ jmh2002 for leading me the right way. how do I edit the .xml files on my fire TV stick?
Hi,

it's my first post, so in first i would like to thank for great plugin! I'm using it for playing 8-10h long videos like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyEY6t_e...x&index=10
Unfortunately, after some time video simply stops - in most cases after 6h. 

Here is the log: https://pastebin.com/is3PZTdi

As can be seen, Curl is saing that HTTP returned error 403 and InputStream Adaptive: url doesn't provide any data: invalid. Can it be related with limits in youtube API, or it's a kid of bug? I use custom keys to authorise.

thank you in advance!
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have seen lots of discussion about need a custom id for the watch list but I found that using `WL` as the id as specified in the youtube.com watch list url works fine for me. Obviously I am happy it is working as I use it all the time but just curious if this works for anyone else and the custom id workaround is really still needed or could be pre-filled with `WL`?
@naddel81: There should be no need to edit the xml. To set the watch later or history playlist, go into My Channel - Playlists and bring up the context menu on the playlist you want and choose Set as History or Set as Watch Later

@Cas00: 'WL' has been deprecated by YouTube for some time, and only partially functional(cannot add/remove from the 'WL' playlist from within the add-on) and can be expected to be completely removed at any time. That's why it is no longer the default option.
(2017-11-22, 01:27)anxdpanic Wrote: @Cas00: 'WL' has been deprecated by YouTube for some time, and only partially functional(cannot add/remove from the 'WL' playlist from within the add-on) and can be expected to be completely removed at any time. That's why it is no longer the default option.
So I have investigated the revision history of the YouTube API and there seems to have been a misunderstanding of the changes has occurred due to the wording.

From https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3...on_history
Quote:The channel resource's contentDetails.relatedPlaylists.watchHistory and contentDetails.relatedPlaylists.watchLater properties now contain values of HL and WL, respectively, for all channels.

To be clear, these properties are only visible to an authorized user retrieving data about the user's own channel. The properties always contain the values HL and WL, even for an authorized user retrieving data about the user's own channel. Thus, the watch history and watch later playlist IDs cannot be retrieved via the API.

In addition, requests to retrieve playlist details (playlists.list) or playlist items (playlistItems.list) for a channel's watch history or watch later playlist now return empty lists. This behavior is true for the new values, HL and WL, as well as for any watch history or watch later playlist IDs that your API Client may have already stored.
and
Quote:The revision history entry for September 15, 2016, has been updated to clarify that, whenever the channel resource's contentDetails.relatedPlaylists.watchHistory and contentDetails.relatedPlaylists.watchLater properties are included in a response, they always contain the values HL and WL, respectively. Moreover, those properties are only included if an authorized user is retrieving data about the user's own channel.

None of that says that HL and WL are deprecated, instead these are the only values to use to get the history and watchlater lists for an authenticated user. The other major indicator that they are not deprecated is the fact that the API changes are already in effect since Sept 2016 and nothing has changed with regards the watchlist or history on youtube sites.

If I have the time I shall either post an issue or pull request on github about this.

Whether you can add/remove from these special playlists is a separate issue.
Quote:https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3...on_history
September 15, 2016

In addition, requests to retrieve playlist details (playlists.list) or playlist items (playlistItems.list) for a channel's watch history or watch later playlist now return empty lists. This behavior is true for the new values, HL and WL, as well as for any watch history or watch later playlist IDs that your API Client may have already stored.

You can try this now with 'HL' in Custom History Playlist which already returns empty. These are deprecated and not supported.
Thanks anxdpanic.

For the rest of us, in simple terms, the History part of the API stopped working already a long time ago, and the Watch Later part of the API has limited functionality (doesn't 2 way sync - so only adding, not deleting).

This is already stated cleaely in the FAQ in Post #3 on Page #1 of this thread.

It's also why anxdpanic developed the Custom History and Custom Watch Later functionality for us in the first place, so that we have full 2 way sync and the ability to add and delete from these playlists, either in Kodi, or on the web, and via desktop or mobile.

For those who miss being able to click the small 'Watch Later' icon on the web (I miss it too), use the small 'Share' icon next to it instead, then simply click through to YouTube and add the video to your Custom Watch Later playlist. If you are already on YouTube simply use 'Add to PlayList' directly.

This gives you the best of both worlds - a Watch Later list working in both Kodi and on the web.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Hi,

(2017-10-24, 22:59)anxdpanic Wrote: @cvwillegen: First I would try Maintenance - Reset function cache, if that doesn't resolve it please give the latest alpha a try as there has been work done in that area.
Ok, I did reset the cache and installed the latest alpha from the zip file. But that didn't help.

BUT I got a good idea... I'm using a VPN at home, and I suddenly recalled that I sometimes need click the 'I'm not a robot' CAPTCHA on the YouTube web site in order to continue.

So, I turned OFF the VPN, and selected a video via 'View Later'. And... it worked! I could play back the video.

Then, I switched the VPN on again, selected a video from my 'View Later' playlist, and.... it worked! I could play back the video!

So far, I've been happily watching YouTube videos again... no need for me to turn off the VPN again... weird, but this works.

Thanks for looking into this, and for a well-working plug in!
  • 194(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12