• 54(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
(2016-07-15, 01:32)viperdriver2000 Wrote: hi,
i use a fire tv box with kodi.
i have install the youtube addon v5.2.2.
sign in work fine.
when i go on "subscription" it is empty.
what is wrong?

Could be the API Key, but it also could be the auth token isn't working. Trying signing out and re-signing in.

if that doesn't work we'll need a debug log (wiki)

Jeff
Hey,

Just came back to Kodi and am having an issue with Youtube and playlists.
I'm running the Jarvis stable and am on android and am signed into Youtube v5.2.2
The first issue is that I'm unable to play videos from a playlist that work fine on my PC get "No sources" error.
This happens if i select play all or select them individually from the playlist.
The second is that I'm unable to see other users saved playlists.

Thanks
What device are you using the android. What has changed since you last used it?

Jeff
(2016-07-15, 12:40)jdf76 Wrote: What device are you using the android. What has changed since you last used it?

Jeff
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using a FireStick and have only recently installed Kodi so have always had this issue.
Below is the errors from the log. I tried 4 videos in a playlist and as you can see they all failed.
Edit: Forgot to mention this also happens when searching and if i'm subscribed to a channel but use search, their videos work but others don't.

Code:
12:13:48 T:1411048448  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.2.2) on Jarvis (16.1) with Python 2.6.5
12:14:35 T:1106878216  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.
12:14:35 T:1106878216   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=xPU8OAjjS4k]
12:14:39 T:1397130456  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.2.2) on Jarvis (16.1) with Python 2.6.5
12:14:41 T:1106878216   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=Ee_uujKuJMI]
12:14:57 T:1447027216  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.2.2) on Jarvis (16.1) with Python 2.6.5
12:14:59 T:1106878216   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=thIVtEOtlWM]
12:15:04 T:1422445472  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.2.2) on Jarvis (16.1) with Python 2.6.5
12:15:05 T:1106878216   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=gGdGFtwCNBE]
12:15:10 T:1426979304  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.2.2) on Jarvis (16.1) with Python 2.6.5
12:15:12 T:1106878216   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=68ugkg9RePc]
12:15:19 T:1106878216   ERROR: int CScriptInvocationManager::ExecuteAsync(const string&, const AddonPtr&, const std::vector<std::basic_string<char> >&) - Not executing non-existing script script.favourites

Thanks
(2016-07-09, 00:00)yaconsult Wrote:
(2016-07-08, 22:13)Crowly Wrote:
(2016-07-08, 21:03)yaconsult Wrote: Is it possible to add the link player to youtube functionality? This lets you go to youtube videos on your computer and select "play on tv" under the video. This requires generating a link-to key on kodi and then going to youtube.com/activate and adding the key as a player. This is one of the functions provided by the official youtube app on the firestick but the kodi app is much nicer and doesn't exit after it's been paused for a while like the official one does.
Theres an extention for Chrome, Play To Kodi, that has something very close tho this functionality.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...kpakkebden

Thank you for the pointer. I have installed the chrome extension. I also checked and found a couple of similar extensions for firefox and will try those as well.
I have tried out some of the browser extensions and they do not work in the same way, unfortunately. With the official youtube app when you use the "send to tv" option, you are given two choice: play now or add to playlist. The one most used and desired is add to playlist. But these other suggested methods all just cause the new video to be played immediately.

The ideal cause would be to be able to register the youtube app running on kodi as a valid player that can selected on the youtube video page. This would require the same kind of linking between the youtube website in a browser on a computer and the youtube app running on kodi.

This is the big advantage of the official youtube app and playing with this feature would show how useful it is. To do so, start up the youtube app on your device - in my case a fire stick. Run the official youtube app, generate a link code and add it at http://www.youtube.com/activate. Now, while playing youtube videos on the tv, you have access to the queue on your computer and can choose to queue addition videos or direct that they play now and interrupt whatever is currently playing.
(2016-07-15, 10:43)jdf76 Wrote:
(2016-07-15, 01:32)viperdriver2000 Wrote: hi,
i use a fire tv box with kodi.
i have install the youtube addon v5.2.2.
sign in work fine.
when i go on "subscription" it is empty.
what is wrong?

Could be the API Key, but it also could be the auth token isn't working. Trying signing out and re-signing in.

if that doesn't work we'll need a debug log (wiki)

Jeff

hi,
thanks for your feedback.
i have re-signing many times.
but since i activate the log > restart > re-signing > now it works...
little bit scary but okay...
and videos will be playback.
so no more analysing needed.
but big thanks for your help.
For some reason this plugin wont stay activated on youtube for me. I go to youtube.com/activate and activate two times like it says then everything works great for a day or so, but then it makes me activate again. Is this normal? Is there a way to make it stay activated longer?
(2016-07-17, 05:40)tjwoosta Wrote: For some reason this plugin wont stay activated on youtube for me. I go to youtube.com/activate and activate two times like it says then everything works great for a day or so, but then it makes me activate again. Is this normal? Is there a way to make it stay activated longer?

This is due to the quota being reached and the auto-deactivate being active. if you go into your setup and turn off auto-login on error, it will stop logging you out and attempting to reactivate.

Thanks
Jeff
Hi there!
Love your work on the YouTube plugin for the Kodi, must be one of my most used plugins on Kodi.
Starting from yesterday I can't use it, unfortunately. When I try to open the plugin I just get an error message. I tried to rollback to 5.2.1 and 5.1.17 to no avail. Please see the error log at http://pastebin.com/b97HH4n2.

I use Openelec 6.0.3 on Cubox-i 4pro.

UPDATE:

Minutes after my initial post I went to /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/kodion and just deleted cache.sqlite and search.sqlite. Then reinstalled the plugin and voila - I can watch YouTube again!
yeah don't use 5.1.17 is was very very broken. If you want to roll back ever use one of the earlier ones at the github repo.

Thanks
Jeff
(2016-07-15, 17:43)yaconsult Wrote: The one most used and desired is add to playlist.
Since you already are in the browser, just be logged into your youtube account, when you hover over a video you will get a watch later icon down in the bottom corner (or use the same functionality from the YT app on your phone). Just click that and it will be add to the "watch later" list, that list is available in the add-on.
Never logged in, never went to youtube/activate, just put in my own API keys, WORKS PERFECT.

Many Thanks.
(2016-07-17, 05:45)jdf76 Wrote:
(2016-07-17, 05:40)tjwoosta Wrote: For some reason this plugin wont stay activated on youtube for me. I go to youtube.com/activate and activate two times like it says then everything works great for a day or so, but then it makes me activate again. Is this normal? Is there a way to make it stay activated longer?

This is due to the quota being reached and the auto-deactivate being active. if you go into your setup and turn off auto-login on error, it will stop logging you out and attempting to reactivate.

Thanks
Jeff

Seems to work so far, thanks Smile
Videos won't play immedately. The remain paused until the buffer reaches 100%
Hi there,

really appreciate it that you're keeping the addon alive. It's one of the most used ones in my house Smile

One question though, which might be just me being thick so feel free to tell me so Wink

When I do a Search for something the result list filters out everything I've watched already as by default I've set my library views to hide watched episodes and such. I can change it in the sidebar menu so the search shows me everything but that then affects all my library views again.

Is there any way to switch off "Hide watched" ONLY for the search result list and not affect anything else?

Any hints would be very much appreciated Big Grin
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12