• 145(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
That log message is saying that DASH_SUPPORT_ADDON = True. Which means the YouTube add-on will use the inputstream.adaptive add-on for dash and is what you would expect to see for Kodi 17+.

DASH_SUPPORT_BUILTIN is for SPMC and would use SPMC's built-in dash support
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2017-02-28, 04:33)anxdpanic Wrote: That log message is saying that DASH_SUPPORT_ADDON = True. Which means the YouTube add-on will use the inputstream.adaptive add-on for dash and is what you would expect to see for Kodi 17+.

DASH_SUPPORT_BUILTIN is for SPMC and would use SPMC's built-in dash support

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh... now it's all clearly Smile This is only a misunderstanding now Smile
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
(2017-02-28, 02:16)stanger192 Wrote:
(2017-02-27, 21:10)anxdpanic Wrote: @stanger192: All I can suggest at this point would be to double check your keys, if you want to try starting fresh you can go to Settings - Maintenance - Delete settings.xml

I sextuple checked them Big Grin
When copy/pasting from the websites, spaces were included before and after the text, which I removed. Do those spaces have to be included with the keys?
Is there anyway to find out exactly why the login failed? Maybe additional logging in the addon?
Also, will the addon shorten the api id from what is on the google website? What is in the settings.xml is a shortend version of what I originally put in there. Something along the lines of .googleusercontent.com... was removed.

I'll try regenerating all the keys again today.

Yes the googleusercontent should be removed. Also check what choices you've made in setting up the API Key. It litterally should be what the FAQ says.

when in doubt after you regenerate the key do a debug log (wiki)

Jeff
(2017-02-23, 00:06)anxdpanic Wrote: @twistedLucidity, try
Code:
pip install pyopenssl==16.2.0

That fixed it even though the command reported quite a few build failures.
I had to do this first
Code:
sudo apt install python-pip

Why I needed to do that "pip" then I already have "python-openssl" installed is a mystery, but it works now.

Thanks!
(2017-02-27, 22:00)jdf76 Wrote: Hi All,

I need testing responses on all platforms. Could you replace and tell me which platforms you're using and if it works successfully. This was we can make sure if i push it out to the repo and then the kodi repo it work sok.

So Basically for the TL;DR crowd:

Need testers.

Reply here with

OS Version or if using OSMC/SPMC/Whatever say so..
Kodi Version
Youtube Plugin Version.

So far we have OSMC and macOS tested.
Jeff

I should probably give a link here

Latest Zip for 2/27/2017
(2017-02-28, 13:36)jdf76 Wrote:
(2017-02-27, 22:00)jdf76 Wrote: Hi All,

I need testing responses on all platforms. Could you replace and tell me which platforms you're using and if it works successfully. This was we can make sure if i push it out to the repo and then the kodi repo it work sok.

So Basically for the TL;DR crowd:

Need testers.

Reply here with

OS Version or if using OSMC/SPMC/Whatever say so..
Kodi Version
Youtube Plugin Version.

So far we have OSMC and macOS tested.
Jeff

I should probably give a link here

Latest Zip for 2/27/2017

Install now on my OSMC setup.... i need to check somethigs in particular if it's working ?
(2017-02-28, 13:49)DjDiabolik Wrote: Install now on my OSMC setup.... i need to check somethigs in particular if it's working ?

Nah just use it the way you normally use it.

Need...

SPMC
Android
Windows
Linux
OpenElec
LibreElec

Thanks
Jeff
(2017-02-28, 13:59)jdf76 Wrote:
(2017-02-28, 13:49)DjDiabolik Wrote: Install now on my OSMC setup.... i need to check somethigs in particular if it's working ?

Nah just use it the way you normally use it.

Need...

SPMC
Android
Windows
Linux
OpenElec
LibreElec

Thanks
Jeff

Ok..... for now apparently all working whitout any problems. If i obtain some i post feedback here.

*EDIT*
I have a suggestion:
How you thinks to raise the cache value size ?? Currently from option it's setted maximun at 20MB........... how about raising the value perhaps to 50MB ?

And i have another question about this... this value of cache it's also used when you have streaminput activated ?

*EDIT2*
13:20:25.727 T:1442837488 ERROR: /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:843: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest...l-warnings
InsecureRequestWarning)

It's be appears sometimes on kodi.log... it's normal ?
@twistedLucidity, good news! and thanks for letting us know Smile

(2017-02-28, 14:21)DjDiabolik Wrote: *EDIT*
I have a suggestion:
How you thinks to raise the cache value size ?? Currently from option it's setted maximun at 20MB........... how about raising the value perhaps to 50MB ?

And i have another question about this... this value of cache it's also used when you have streaminput activated ?

*EDIT2*
13:20:25.727 T:1442837488 ERROR: /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:843: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest...l-warnings
InsecureRequestWarning)

The cache setting in the add-on is for browsing and add-on functions. It is not used for playback, standard or via inputstream.

You can enable 'Force SSL Certificate Verification' in Settings - Advanced to stop that log message. Enabling this will make things more secure. It may cause issues in some cases(why it was disabled by default), now that we're using script.module.requests those issue may be resolved though.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2017-02-28, 15:15)anxdpanic Wrote: @twistedLucidity, good news! and thanks for letting us know Smile

(2017-02-28, 14:21)DjDiabolik Wrote: *EDIT*
I have a suggestion:

*EDIT2*
InsecureRequestWarning)

The cache setting in the add-on is for browsing and add-on functions. It is not used for playback, standard or via inputstream.

You can enable 'Force SSL Certificate Verification' in Settings - Advanced to stop that log message. Enabling this will make things more secure. It may cause issues in some cases(why it was disabled by default), now that we're using script.module.requests those issue may be resolved though.
always available precise and concise. . . . Smile
New update to the beta..

5.3.11-alpha

[fix/upd] replace custom simple_requests with script.module.requests to resolve ssl and cross-platform issues
[add] 'Reset access manager' added to Maintenance section, sign out process(available when logged out) to clean up tokens in settings.xml
[upd] set default for SSL certificate verification to 'true'
Is there an option to extract YouTube playlist reverse order playback settings to be used in other video addons like exodus tv shows where I want to watch shows but in reverse order ?

Please someone help

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-04-14, 03:37)*Spider* Wrote:
(2016-04-13, 19:49)mvrk Wrote: Hi,
Is there any possibility to add an option to play all videos from a playlist?

The option is already there. Huh
You have the options of:
Reverse
Shuffle

Can we bring this option to other playlist in Kodi ?
I'm really interested in Reverse order playing for my playlist

Please someone help
(2017-03-03, 19:02)ssarava9 Wrote:
(2016-04-14, 03:37)*Spider* Wrote:
(2016-04-13, 19:49)mvrk Wrote: Hi,
Is there any possibility to add an option to play all videos from a playlist?

The option is already there. Huh
You have the options of:
Reverse
Shuffle

Can we bring this option to other playlist in Kodi ?
I'm really interested in Reverse order playing for my playlist

Please someone help

If you're asking about outside of the plugin, i suggest you try a different thread as this is the thread for the youtube plugin.
I just installed my rPI Kodi 17 and followed the instructions to set the youtube API and after many trials it just does not work.

When I try to login to youtube at Kodi, and get the first code to be accepted by google account, I get "login failed" error pop up.

So I had to use the installed ones (choosing one of the options that don't show error).

Could this be a problem with my google account or a google block or something I am missing ?
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12