• 9(current)
Release tvOS-X
(2016-05-11, 21:34)superbyron404 Wrote:
(2016-05-11, 13:34)nchall Wrote:
(2016-05-10, 19:57)iCanuck Wrote: Does it keep other skin settings?

I don't believe the skin is the issue, most likely the Kodi version your using.

It keeps other skin settings, such as Confluence or fTV.

I am running Jarvis 16.1, and the main issue is it not maintaining custom shortcuts that I input through the Home Screen Configuration menu under Skin Settings.

This doesn't happen on a Windows desktop, but does happen on two Fire TV sticks.

Thank you.

have you tried creating custom settings then closing kodi via the "quit" option letting kodi close then reopening kodi? i had this problem i figured it was because i was closing the kodi.app via OS instead of letting kodi quit which creates and saves new settings.

I will try this and report back. Thank you for the suggestion.
updated textures just add to the media folder in the skin folder: kodi/addons/skin.tvOS-X-jarvis/media

add icons to skin folder: kodi/addons/skin.tvOS-X-jarvis

icons

http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=113338

textures
http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=113397
(2016-05-13, 05:26)superbyron404 Wrote: updated textures just add to the media folder in the skin folder: kodi/addons/skin.tvOS-X-jarvis/media

icons

textures

What are these?
(2016-05-14, 06:15)iCanuck Wrote:
(2016-05-13, 05:26)superbyron404 Wrote: updated textures just add to the media folder in the skin folder: kodi/addons/skin.tvOS-X-jarvis/media

icons

textures

What are these?

textures
(2016-05-14, 06:38)superbyron404 Wrote: textures

lol I get that but what is changed?
the resolution of all textures, the busy bg, the seekbar, the add-on defaults, movie music tv show cover default, deleted the country flags, actor icons, actor diffuse, info buttons, movie info and audio tags, star rating, movie info buttons, to get the right look on the seekbar the code has to exclude the progress bar and the movie info window shows large movie tags because the code is stretching the new tags the actor diffuse is being stretched by the code too.
(2016-05-14, 21:10)superbyron404 Wrote: the resolution of all textures, the busy bg, the seekbar, the add-on defaults, movie music tv show cover default, deleted the country flags, actor icons, actor diffuse, info buttons, movie info and audio tags, star rating, movie info buttons, to get the right look on the seekbar the code has to exclude the progress bar and the movie info window shows large movie tags because the code is stretching the new tags the actor diffuse is being stretched by the code too.

Cool I'll take a look when I get a chance.

How was the resolution of the textures increased? Did you resize or recreate them?

When you delete textures you need to remove the code as well. Just deleting the image or directory isn't the proper way to do this.

I will take a look and though, maybe I can code the changes you're trying to achieve for some things.
(2016-05-15, 05:55)iCanuck Wrote:
(2016-05-14, 21:10)superbyron404 Wrote: the resolution of all textures, the busy bg, the seekbar, the add-on defaults, movie music tv show cover default, deleted the country flags, actor icons, actor diffuse, info buttons, movie info and audio tags, star rating, movie info buttons, to get the right look on the seekbar the code has to exclude the progress bar and the movie info window shows large movie tags because the code is stretching the new tags the actor diffuse is being stretched by the code too.

How was the resolution of the textures increased? Did you resize or recreate them?

When you delete textures you need to remove the code as well. Just deleting the image or directory isn't the proper way to do this.

I will take a look and though, maybe I can code the changes you're trying to achieve for some things.

both resized and recreated depending on if an image needed replacing updating or was too low res to resize.
i didn't see the textures i deleted in the code i only deleted the flags folder country flags in the main media folder and 9 files in the seekbar didn't see those being used in the code either and dvd box in images folder.

here're the uncompressed files
http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=113450
(2016-05-15, 07:59)superbyron404 Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 05:55)iCanuck Wrote:

both resized and recreated depending on if an image needed replacing updating or was too low res to resize.
i didn't see the textures i deleted in the code i only deleted the flags folder country flags in the main media folder and 9 files in the seekbar didn't see those being used in the code either and dvd box in images folder.

here're the uncompressed files
http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=113450

Ok cool I will take a look and adjust the code if necessary. Thanks.
Weird I can not change to another skin. When trying your skin reset itself before any button with yes or no to keep the skin occurs. It looses all settings and displays the very theme with nearly unreadable characters until I set the white theme and select strong font.
Jarvis 16.1 and Android Minix U8.
(2016-05-15, 21:15)Rivermeadow Wrote: Weird I can not change to another skin. When trying your skin reset itself before any button with yes or no to keep the skin occurs. It looses all settings and displays the very theme with nearly unreadable characters until I set the white theme and select strong font.
Jarvis 16.1 and Android Minix U8.

Strange, I have no idea what's going on here I don't believe it is skin related but I could be wrong. I use Jarvis version everyday and do most of the development on it.

Delete these files and retry maybe...

guisettings.xml (userdata directory)
skin.tvos-x (addons + userdata/addon_data directory)
skin.tvos-x.zip (addons/packages directory)

reinstall tvOS-X via repo
Friend, when the next version will be released? I love this skin, but I need custom widgets. Amazing job iCanuck.
hi guys,

wondering if anyone can help, i really want to create something like Schism has done with his serenity build where he has added custom widgets in the home shelf so these can be linked to salts, exodus, pheonix etc etc and the play right from the home shelf too.

any help greatly appreciated
(2016-05-17, 23:16)sweenizel Wrote: hi guys,

wondering if anyone can help, i really want to create something like Schism has done with his serenity build where he has added custom widgets in the home shelf so these can be linked to salts, exodus, pheonix etc etc and the play right from the home shelf too.

any help greatly appreciated

I'm not familiar with that skin but I will take a look and see if I can apply something similar. In next update I am adding ability to view add-on favorites on shelf for each top row home button independently from the home button. See about 10-20 posts back I explain it more with screenshots.
@iCanuck I'm trying to install the Krypton version of your skin on Milhouse's libreelec branch and getting a dependancy not met error. The xbmc gui version in the add-on.xml is 5.11.0 but there was a version bump from Jarvis onwards to xbmc gui 5.12.0

Could you update the krypton branch to the updated gui version?

Thanks
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tvOS-X6