Best way to copy your Build
So I've spent hours upon hours to get my main setup just the way I want it but now I'm thinking of my other Kodi installs around the house and places where running cables would be problematic.

My main rig is Kodi 16.0 Git:20160220-a5f3a99 running on Windows 10 Enterprise.
I want to update and keep the same UI as my main rig on a beater Ubuntu laptop and now that my wifi reaches to my workshop I'd like to plug in an Amazon Fire stick into a second hand projector in there for some big screen fun using the same version of Kodi. However I don't really want to go through and set everything back up all over again each time, re downloading add-ins, re configuring all of the menu entries and what not. I have heard of wizards, but I couldn't get that to work completely using my own webserver and apparently that's a taboo topic to discuss on here. So what are my options that IS supported by the Kodi community? Are there any options? I tried the backup restore add-on from the kodi repo but that didn't do it all.
Use the backup addon found under programs.

Sent from my iPhone
Works great as long as the backup folder is local to the kodi device. However I put it on a shared folder on the network, and it doesn't exist anymore. I updated the path under configure to match the network location.
I can't seem to get Google Drive to integrate and I don't have Dropbox. I go for SMB and all I get tsclient, none of the shared folders on that box.
I install "ES Explorer" on my firestick and android devices. Then I can read and write to my LAN via SMB. Once that is in place it becomes easier to get directly at the settings folders of KODI on the device and copy stuff to\from other computers on the network.

Making a custom build means understanding what many of your add-ons are. And plain experimenting by copying key config files between devices. Hack around, see what is important.

If you are trying to take a backup from one system across to another it is highly possible that the other system needs different file paths. This can be sorted via advancedsettings.xml

http://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution
(2016-04-15, 21:49)mmcclure79 Wrote: Works great as long as the backup folder is local to the kodi device. However I put it on a shared folder on the network, and it doesn't exist anymore.

That's quite odd, I use the Backup add-on with a folded on my NAS via SMB and it works great.

Maybe check the log file to see what's going wrong?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best way to copy your Build0