• 156(current)
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread
first of all.. props to djh for the sick ass skin.. not gonna be switchin to any other skin anytime soon Smile
got one prob with the fanart though which im hopin someone could help me with. fanarts show up fine using the scraper for my tv shows but when doin them manually (puttin image file in local folder with "-fanart.___? suffix, they don't show up at all. I've tried using jpg, bmp, tif, and png for all my extensions at 720 as thats the reso im runnin at, but still do not work. I've made sure thats its enabled aswell, also reset all my settings to no avail.
Could it be because my movies/fanart images are on a ext hddHuh any suggestions would be great. Thx
joncgde2 Wrote:Hi Ayla

Can I ask how you got those dates to appear for your Files view? At the moment, in File mode I have the size of each file displayed... I'd like to get rid of that though

So if you modified the file view to instead show the date, I might be able to play around and get rid of that info altogether

Cheers

Hi

Under "Sort By:" you can just choose "Date", if that's what you mean?

/Martin
freeflo Wrote:first of all.. props to djh for the sick ass skin.. not gonna be switchin to any other skin anytime soon Smile
got one prob with the fanart though which im hopin someone could help me with. fanarts show up fine using the scraper for my tv shows but when doin them manually (puttin image file in local folder with "-fanart.___? suffix, they don't show up at all. I've tried using jpg, bmp, tif, and png for all my extensions at 720 as thats the reso im runnin at, but still do not work. I've made sure thats its enabled aswell, also reset all my settings to no avail.
Could it be because my movies/fanart images are on a ext hddHuh any suggestions would be great. Thx

Have you enabled them in AEON's options?
Ignore my post above.
Ayla Wrote:Hi

Under "Sort By:" you can just choose "Date", if that's what you mean?

/Martin

ahh poo... apologies for the stupid post Oo dunno what i was thinking when i typed it

i've been so preoccupied with getting rid of the file sizes in file mode that i saw something different and got excited...

anyone else know how to remove the file size from being displayed?
I bet you can just remove the Label that shows the files size, in the CommonContent.xml.

I moved the label around for the large poster mod.
So has anyone got movie fanart working on an xbox? It just seems like people are having problems with it.
neal73 Wrote:So has anyone got movie fanart working on an xbox? It just seems like people are having problems with it.

I've done a complete reinstall of XBMC and AEON, still not working
Looks to me that movie fan art is not supported on the xbox with the latest T3CH build unless you compile your own SVN. So I guess...wait for a fix
Kprojekt Wrote:Looks to me that movie fan art is not supported on the xbox with the latest T3CH build unless you compile your own SVN. So I guess...wait for a fix

Should be:

jmarshall Wrote:It was merged over (see the merged: lines in the changelog), so if it doesn't work, then it's either pebkac, or there's a bug, though IMO it would be unlikely that it's an xbox specific bug as there's no platform specific stuff involved.

A debug log may mention something.
I'm having problems getting backdrops to work on the Xbox. I put all the bmps in a folder and point to the folder. Nothing shows up in the preview, it's just black, and nothing shows up it the actual skin, it's black as well. Works perfectly on my PC with the exact same images. All images are local to the Xbox and nothing seems to turn up in the log files about not being able to display the images. I'm using the latest build of AEON and XBMC. I'm at a total loss. Any help is greatly appreciated.
seph100 Wrote:I'm having problems getting backdrops to work on the Xbox. I put all the bmps in a folder and point to the folder. Nothing shows up in the preview, it's just black, and nothing shows up it the actual skin, it's black as well. Works perfectly on my PC with the exact same images. All images are local to the Xbox and nothing seems to turn up in the log files about not being able to display the images. I'm using the latest build of AEON and XBMC. I'm at a total loss. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lower the resolution. The XBox is limited in memory so if you have a lot of large images as backdrops it is going to choke. Change the resolution to 1280x720, re-save them, and they should work just fine.
smcnally75 Wrote:Lower the resolution. The XBox is limited in memory so if you have a lot of large images as backdrops it is going to choke. Change the resolution to 1280x720, re-save them, and they should work just fine.

Thanks so much. Worked right off the bat!
smcnally75 Wrote:One issue I have noticed with the last few releases though, djh, is that when I go into TV Shows and drill into the episodes level and then try to back it gets to the season level fine. But when I press back again to get to the list of the TV Shows it just goes to a blank list. The only way I can get my list again is to back totally out to the main screen and reselect TV shows. Has anyone else been having this issue?

I was having a similar problem on my HTPC where I'd press the home button after being in the episode view and upon returning to TV Shows or Movies it would just be a black screen. The only way to sort it was by closing down XBMC.

I finally fixed it by using 1280x720 backdrops instead of 1920x1080 ones but I did notice that when pressing home AEON displays the originally selected TV Show backdrop very briefly before it shows the home screen.

home screen backdrop
select TV Shows ->
TV show backdrop
select TV Show ->
fanart backdrop
select home ->
TV Show backdrop from above then home screen backdrop

Could this be why it was messing up before?
No update this week?
  • 156(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread24