Ub900 kodi
Hello,

im building a kodi system.

i reallylike the chipset of the panasonic and currently have a ub900. Id like to play my hdr movies with that chipset. At first it was going to get a qnap till i realized its questionable hdr output on the hdmi unless I been misinformed.

is there a way to run kodi through a panasonic ub900? Usb stick? Jailbreak? Dlna? Streamer?
(2020-08-08, 01:54)Jman5150 Wrote: i reallylike the chipset of the panasonic and currently have a ub900.

So which chipset would that be? Chances are, these types of hardware will have dedicated and (heavily) modified firmwares.
and therefore pretty much unfit for any Kodi release as only a handful (you are the first...) of people will use it.
(2020-08-08, 11:47)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-08-08, 01:54)Jman5150 Wrote: i reallylike the chipset of the panasonic and currently have a ub900.

So which chipset would that be? Chances are, these types of hardware will have dedicated and (heavily) modified firmwares.
and therefore pretty much unfit for any Kodi release as only a handful (you are the first...) of people will use it.
Basically the look of 4k hdr on a Panasonic like the ub900 player looks way better for hdr vs the oppo 203 for Dolby vision for that is way better to my eye. Was hoping there might be a way to route the 4k movies through one or the other with a kodi interface. I know with a hdmi input would be doable if qnap had hdr output but told it doesnt. dnla will take the ethernet to the hard drive but no gui. The chipsets in them give the image quality. Like Phillips has no chipset so basic image, oppo and panny players have their own, some receivers have ones built in like my pioneer receiver has one similar to oppo, tvs have their own etc.

thought it might be a long shot but couldnt hurt to ask.
(2020-08-08, 11:57)Jman5150 Wrote:
(2020-08-08, 11:47)Klojum Wrote:

Basically the look of 4k hdr on a Panasonic like the ub900 player looks way better for hdr vs the oppo 203 for Dolby vision for that is way better to my eye. Was hoping there might be a way to route the 4k movies through one or the other with a kodi interface. I know with a hdmi input would be doable if qnap had hdr output but told it doesnt. dnla will take the ethernet to the hard drive but no gui. The chipsets in them give the image quality. Like Phillips has no chipset so basic image, oppo and panny players have their own, some receivers have ones built in like my pioneer receiver has one similar to oppo, tvs have their own etc.

There is zero chance these OEM blu-ray players will get a Kodi port.
(2020-08-09, 02:13)ozkhan1 Wrote:
(2020-08-08, 11:57)Jman5150 Wrote:
(2020-08-08, 11:47)Klojum Wrote: So which chipset would that be? Chances are, these types of hardware will have dedicated and (heavily) modified firmwares.

No but my oppo has a hdmi in so if i run the hardrives to a new mac mini and then hdmi out i can (in theory based on one person) get the oppo to work and as far as the ub900 i found one person who tricked it to work as a player for plex with profile line or something (i have the info just need to understand it) through the dlna. I need to read up on dlna to understand more. Its not perfect but if i keep working it something may pop up. Someone also suggested using kodi on a Usb stick with an adaptor to connect the hard drives ( not sure if they were guessing).  Appreciate the help anyway. Ye your right they wont mac kodi for them anytime soon.
(2020-08-11, 12:50)Jman5150 Wrote:
(2020-08-09, 02:13)ozkhan1 Wrote:
(2020-08-08, 11:57)Jman5150 Wrote: Basically the look of 4k hdr on a Panasonic like the ub900 player looks way better for hdr vs the oppo 203 for Dolby vision for that is way better to my eye. Was hoping there might be a way to route the 4k movies through one or the other with a kodi interface. I know with a hdmi input would be doable if qnap had hdr output but told it doesnt. dnla will take the ethernet to the hard drive but no gui. The chipsets in them give the image quality. Like Phillips has no chipset so basic image, oppo and panny players have their own, some receivers have ones built in like my pioneer receiver has one similar to oppo, tvs have their own etc.

No but my oppo has a hdmi in so if i run the hardrives to a new mac mini and then hdmi out i can (in theory based on one person) get the oppo to work and as far as the ub900 i found one person who tricked it to work as a player for plex with profile line or something (i have the info just need to understand it) through the dlna. I need to read up on dlna to understand more. Its not perfect but if i keep working it something may pop up. Someone also suggested using kodi on a Usb stick with an adaptor to connect the hard drives ( not sure if they were guessing).  Appreciate the help anyway. Ye your right they wont mac kodi for them anytime soon.

Those are all hacks... I was referring to Kodi running natively on any of these devices. You can always run an HDMI in if your blu ray player has one from a Kodi device but that doesn’t mean Kodi is running on the blu ray player.
Plex is a different animal. They have published apps for blu ray players and all sorts of different platforms and smart TVs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ub900 kodi0