• 39(current)
[REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?
1) the patch to support 0x16 packets is integrated into linuxport svn r15698. It'll need to be ported to trunk to work for XBOX (many thanks to jmarshall for doing this dull job)

johnsto Wrote:I think the H264 streams may be protected somehow, but this is something to look at later (i.e. when I fetch next XBMC build with the RTMP patch)
2) Flash 'high quality' ie. rtmp/H264 streams are significantly different to the 'normal quality' rtmp/vp6 streams. See my comments in post 527. I had a look at this again over the weekend, but still haven't been able to connect to a Level3 server successfully, let alone play a stream Sad. You'll see this in the debug log as the server rejecting and closing the connection, before a play request is sent. Any info anyone has in this area would be appreciated.

If, as I suspect, a Level3 server requires the auth parameter sent as part of the RTMP 'connect', XBMC code changes would be needed to allow extra params to be sent in the 'connect' (this is not currently possible from a script/plugin).
Hi folks,

I have now got the Iplayer running happily on my xbox - thanks to the Bless build which incorporates frosty's newest patch (google it).

The streaming now works like a dream and picture quality is very acceptible on my old CRT - the magic of CRT built in smoothing :-)

The only thing standing between me and iplayer heaven is the following problem - downloading the actual lists of programs is deaaaad slow. :-(

What could be the limitation here? Is it my xbox? My router? The bbc site? Are other people encountering this?

I'd be happy to post logs / beta test.

Thanks to all of you for this phenomenal teamwork - people will be astonished to see BBC streaming to my xbox. Big Grin
ashlartowers Wrote:The only thing standing between me and iplayer heaven is the following problem - downloading the actual lists of programs is deaaaad slow. :-(

What could be the limitation here? Is it my xbox? My router? The bbc site? Are other people encountering this?

It can be a bit slow, I'm thinking of threading the download process in the future which should speed this up significantly, but I'm unsure of the benefits this will give as I've yet to profile where the time is being spent.

As a measure, on my systems it takes 2 or 3 seconds per programme, including thumbnails.

You may want to try turning thumbnail downloading off, and you can do this in the iplayer plugin settings. This should lead to a small speed improvement.
Works for me too now (Using the bless build) - so does ITV Catchup Well done guys Smile
ldavies93 Wrote:Works for me too now (Using the bless build) - so does ITV Catchup Well done guys Smile

Which plugin are you using for ITV Catchup?

What are the chances of a combined BBC/ITV plugin?
Thanks sipart - I am running XBMC on an Xbox, and i'm not up to compiling with the patch. explains why it is not working.

defiantly something to look forward to with the next t3ch build. will that be an upgrade using the t3ch upgrade script on my Xbox?

cheers
Or you could use the Bless build which has the Frosty 2nd Patch in:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37961
Hi there,
I have pretty much the same problem with that plugin as jelockwood has.

Here's my log file to compare http://pastebin.com/m38cc939b

Hope it'll help

Regards,
pX
pajretX Wrote:I have pretty much the same problem with that plugin as jelockwood has.

Here's my log file to compare http://pastebin.com/m38cc939b

That's XBMC on XBOX, yes? The build you're using doesn't have RTMP support (although the error should really be a little different), so best wait for the next one with fixed RTMP support and hope it works properly.
Yes, that's XBMC on XBOX, version XBMC-SVN_2008-09-19_rev15640-T3CH-BETA1 - so it's the newest one, I guess. I thought it had the RTMP support build in (from what I've red in the Changelog)

Regards,
pX
See my post 552 in this thread where I tried to clarify...
There was a RTMP fix in the T3CH build, but not the fix that got iPlayer and numerous other RTMP streams working again. These will no doubt be present in the very next T3CH build (and if they're not then I'll cry.)
Right.. got it! Wink
Thank you both for .nf0!

Regards,
pX
nice one Smile
Hi all,

Whats the BLESS build Ive seen mentioned..? I cant find anything else concrete about it on google, and also where is the ITV catchup plugin..?

Thanks all
Rolf
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?7