• 54(current)
[REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?
cheetah05 Wrote:Is that fix just for Xbox or does it work for Windows version too?

Also...is there a guide for how to compile around?

Works on all versions linux, windows and xbox you need VS 2003 to compile windows version i think and the XDK for xbox and VS 2003 to compile xbox version.

if you use windows i can compile a new exe for you or if you have xbox then you know what you need to doWink
I take it the iplayer script is still under development?

I tried the plugin but the quality of the media was not very good compared to the quality from the bbc website. Then I realized on the site there are normal and high quality modes. I think whoever made this plugin enabled normal quality mode only, can you please add high quality mode?

Many thanks
Rocky5 Wrote:if you use windows i can compile a new exe for you or if you have xbox then you know what you need to doWink

Yeah - could I have the windows compiled exe please. I am a windows user!

Thanks.
slippy Wrote:I think whoever made this plugin enabled normal quality mode only, can you please add high quality mode?

This almost certainly can't be added in the plugin only, code changes to XBMC itself would also be needed. When I looked into it, I couldn't work out what changes would allow it to connect to the 'high quality' streams. Anyone with great ideas (or patches) welcome...

See also http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=223...tcount=527
Using some local software proxy I have no problems accessing iPlayer via the BBC Website. I can view the live streams, watch the catchup stuff and all no probs.

Using the same proxy, with XBMC routing through it, I can't this plugin to work. I get through to the final menu and it returns 0 items when I click through Popular or A-Z or something.

I can use the Best Of ITV plugin to watch live streams no problem but have the same problem when watching 'catch up' stuff from that plugin. Any ideas?
Looking at SVN sources, XBMC is hardcoded to support Flash 9 - whereas iPlayer needs Flash 10. The connect packet is subtley differnent between the two, specifically, Flash 10 seems to allow a final parameter, after the 0x00 0x00 0x09 "End of Object" terminator. This parameter contains the authentication string.

As such, bool CRTMP::SendConnectPacket() in XBMC/xbmc/lib/libRTMP/rtmp.cpp is going to need patches, at a minimum. Working on it now.

Incidentally, where is the boxee sourcecode at?
would be amazing to have the higher quality streams Smile
this is good, has potential to be really good, a major part of our setup.. thanks. just downloaded SVN, installed and noticed a couple of things:

1) seems to use the xbmc set *video* buffer size for radio (that default is 4096k, much too long for audio!). not sure what buffer its using for video as this isn't displayed (only the progress ring?)

2) thumbnail caching doesn't seem to work? every time i open a menu it has to redownload thumbs, this takes a while.
update: seems to be writing .jpg files ok to the dir iplayer_cache.. not sure why it's not loading them?

otherwise superb!
(current SVN version of script, XBMC 8.1 official for Xbox)
Wow, I haven't tried this for a few months and what an improvement. I tried it on my xbox and managed to search for 'spooks' and watched some topgear!!

Fantastic work guys really well done. I didn't have any problems at all but I only watched about 2 minutes of video.

Thanks again,

Dan
Close to have the HQ streams, if anyone knows a bit about ffmpeg perhaps give me a hand here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post255645
hmm doesn't seem very stable on fast fowarding.. anyone else find it just keeps buffering and never seems to play? maybe it's trying to buffer and play everything in between (the start and the point wanted)? i left it for a long time to be sure it wasn't going to recover the stream, before pressing stop to exit (the script always lets me exit, so massive thanks to whoever coded that part!)

imho, playing the HQ streams is about the least important thing - to be useable it needs to fast forward/rewind reliably and things like this. wish i could help..
If support for the HQ streams gets into the XBMC tree, getting the plugin to support them will be easy.

As an aside, I'm not doing much to the plugin at the moment due to some bizarre unicode issues I'm having getting it running on my system, although if you have any issues let me know. I'll get around to making a pretty script and UI some day! Smile
another bug, i think this one (2nd below) already known? let me make a list of what i've found in 2 days..

major issues:
1) fast forward on video streams not useable - gets stuck buffering forever, sometimes playing tiny bits. can press stop to exit. streams play ok if you leave them.
1b) "resume from (time)" option doesn't work
2) after finishing a video stream, seems to hang totally? can't press stop, have to restart xbox.

minor issues:
1) radio cache size (4096, xbmc unknown default?) too large
2) there's always a buffering delay soon after opening video streams.. maybe video needs some prebuffering.
3) not sure caching is working right - takes a long time to load items lists. i thought it was thumbnails but even with them off its still slow. maybe if you could cache all the lists for a sensible amount of time (1 hour?) this would hugely improve menu navigation!
4) cosmetic: displays 9of10, 10of10, then 11of10, 12of10 items on some lists Smile

any others?
Smiff Wrote:another bug, i think this one (2nd below) already known? let me make a list of what i've found in 2 days..

major issues:
1) fast forward on video streams not useable - gets stuck buffering forever, sometimes playing tiny bits. can press stop to exit. streams play ok if you leave them.
1b) "resume from (time)" option doesn't work
2) after finishing a video stream, seems to hang totally? can't press stop, have to restart xbox.

minor issues:
1) radio cache size (4096, xbmc unknown default?) too large
2) there's always a buffering delay soon after opening video streams.. maybe video needs some prebuffering.
3) not sure caching is working right - takes a long time to load items lists. i thought it was thumbnails but even with them off its still slow. maybe if you could cache all the lists for a sensible amount of time (1 hour?) this would hugely improve menu navigation!
4) cosmetic: displays 9of10, 10of10, then 11of10, 12of10 items on some lists Smile

any others?

Major Issue 2 is a know problem and has been fixed in the CVS. Not sure if the Version of XBMC you are using has this already included.

Please post your Version and as usual no Dev can help you if you do not post a bootlog.

Please read the Wiki on how to obtain one.
just thought id point out that the thumbnail for A to Z uses popular thumbnail

A to Z = popular.png (should be - atoz.png)
popular = popular.png
highlights = highlights.png
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?7