Repositioning Kodi OSD (moving it up - its too far down during projector "zoom")
I was told on the AVSForum.com's dedicated JVC Projector thread that it is better that I use the JVC Projector's "Zoom" feature rather than use Kodi's "Zoom" feature to keep Constant Image Height for 2.35 movies.

When I use my JVC Projector's "Zoom" feature, it fills the entire screen with the movie and the "black bars" are outside the viewing area which is great, but now the Kodi OSD is
outside the viewing area as well.

Besides having to use "shortcut keys" to navigate through Kodi in this situation, is there a feature/option in Kodi to "reposition" the OSD when you are NOT using Kodi's "Zoom" feature?
I am aware that if you do use Kodi's "Zoom" feature, Kodi gives you the option to "reposition" the OSD, but can you "reposition" the OSD when you are NOT using Kodi's "Zoom" feature as well?
After searching a little I found this link for using MadVR, where Kodi allows you to reposition the OSD when using Constant Image Height.
The thing is, I'm not using MadVR (yet!!!!!) I guess I have a reason now to dive into using Kodi's madVR!!!!

So, does Kodi have an option to do this if you are not using madVR?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222576

From the link above....
"Define visible screen area

This setting is best used alongside Move OSD into active video area for users of Constant Image Height (CIH) setups. The defined screen size permanently changes the position of Kodi and the active skin for menu navigation. This can be used to position the skin inside the 2.35:1 rectangle used by CIH projection."
An alternative to using DSPlayer fork of Kodi I think would be to just edit the dialog position within the skin files.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Repositioning Kodi OSD (moving it up - its too far down during projector "zoom")0