OPENELEC on Asus chromebox, stopped seeing network
I have been sailing along happily since this past Christmas after installing openelec onto my new chromebox. Pointed it to my rather large media collection, updated the library, and all was well.

The only annoyance had been that it kept defaulting to wireless network being inactive anytime I rebooted or turned off/on. Minor, and figured I'd update eventually and if that didn't fix I'd look for a solution.

Now a more serious problem - it no longer seems to see my windows network and media collection. I did successfully install an add-on to verify that general network connectivity was working. But if I try to play a movie in the library, it hangs for quite some time, perhaps indefinitely sometimes (I give up and reboot after several minutes usually). If I try to update library, it hangs. If I try to add new video source and select windows network, it hangs.

Short of a clean wipe and install, any suggestions on a simple setting or anything else to look for that might have changed that could be the culprit? Nothing in the network outside the Asus has changed. Other devices still see the media collection server just fine.
(2016-04-23, 05:55)osli Wrote: The only annoyance had been that it kept defaulting to wireless network being inactive anytime I rebooted or turned off/on. Minor, and figured I'd update eventually and if that didn't fix I'd look for a solution.

there's a fix for this in OpenELEC 6.0.398, which is what you should be running in the 6.0.x series. What version are you on now? If below 6.0.398 (eg, 6.0.x), update to that (link on Chromebox wiki page) and see if that resolves the issue
I'd have to check to see what version... but sounds like I'll be just updating. That's usually how these things go, either a setting that is prone to getting inadvertently changed, or a bug that an update addresses. Thanks.
I'd 2nd the update.

However, when I first got my Chromebox, it stopped seeing my network after about 2 weeks. I master reset several times, and nothing worked. I took out the wifi adapter and popped a new one in, and it fixed the issue immediately. Been going fine for over a year.
May be worth checking.

I've seen issues with Chromebox range as well. Sometimes NAS content will buffer...but that could be a lot of things.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OPENELEC on Asus chromebox, stopped seeing network0