Win Crash on resume from hibernate
I am having the same issue on my Win 10 Intel NUC running Jarvis.
No solution without closing Kodi when putting NUC to sleep?

I tried the other day a Kodi v17 build, and the issue was not present there. But v17 is currently very unstable so I cannot use it...
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
(2016-07-08, 21:18)Maniac Wrote: I am having the same issue on my Win 10 Intel NUC running Jarvis.
No solution without closing Kodi when putting NUC to sleep?

I tried the other day a Kodi v17 build, and the issue was not present there. But v17 is currently very unstable so I cannot use it...

Changing the fullscreen setting has really reduced the errors I am seeing. Got a bit distracted with other things and have not had much time to look into it better.

Basically it has stopped crashing except once and awhile on startup. I have caught that a few times on a different box and in the VS debugger. Python seems to be going in the weeds releasing one of the kodi objects. It seems to be releasing a 'string variant' for the name of one of the kodi python modules. It seems to have garbage in it which is odd. Totally different issue though (at windows startup only). I do not have a really good way to reproduce it though. Sometimes it will do it when starting up and I mess with the arrow keys before the python subsystem is finished starting.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System
The setting I am talking about is 'use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen' Depending on your skin it will probably be named something else. I set it to use a window instead of real fullscreen.

You will also notice some odd issues on resume as well. Sometimes the audio drops out. I think it is related to this same issue but just a different part of the program. I see similar errors as to what I created this thread for but about the audio device. Also sometimes kodi will decide to resume as a really tiny window. I either just restart the box or kill kodi and restart it. I also think the resume code is getting confused about the size of the window on resume sometimes (yet another issue Smile ). Again I dont have a good way to reproduce. I had set the fullscreen setting to be a real fullscreen to minimize this issue (grr). I would say about 1 out of 10 resumes I have to restart the box. Better than the every other time with the crash.

I thought I had set mine to shutdown but I think mine is set to sleep. Which I also find confusing but that is probably user error Wink

The utility derek is talking about is eventghost. Where you can use one of the other buttons on the remote to cause windows to do different things.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash on resume from hibernate0