UPNP Server: Music: Search by alphabet
Dear forum,

This is my first post, I hope it's in the correct location. I'm having a Raspberry Pi with Openelec/Kodi that I also use as a DLNA/UPNP server on the home network. One of the clients is an Onkyo TX-8050 stereo receiver. Kodi shares its music collection to the Onkyo via DLNA, there is no other connection than LAN between those 2 devices.

The problem is that the Onkyo app relly sucks - when displaying a list of artists, only the first few (like a dozend or so) are loaded, then the user needs to press a button before the offset is applied and the next page is loaded. Now that is a huge problem when you have over 1200 artists because... well, you press your way through quite a while to get to Z.

Now Kodi offers a "Search" item in the DLNA root. Unfortunately, Onkyo doesn't like it: "The search feature is unsupported on this server."

Back in the old days I used a proprietary NAS that hat TwonkyMedia on it - that worked because it offered a search by alphabet, meaning that before showing all the 1200 artists, it offered some refinement level like A-C, D-E etc., reducing the groups to like 100 artists or so.

Does Kodi offer such a functionality? If not, what would be a good workaround? Any feedback is welcome :-)

Cheers,
Kalsan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPNP Server: Music: Search by alphabet0