Win cdart.png issues
I spent the weekend perfecting my method for creating cdart.png files for my collection. The results were patchy. I used the same procedure to create all of the files, but only some of them are getting picked up and displayed during playback. Are there any limitations on such things as file size, dimensions, color depth etc? For the record, here are specs for one that doesn't work, and one that does:

Doesn't work
File size 467KB
Dimensions 1000x1000pixels
Colors 71824

Does work
File size 1.56MB
Dimensions 1000x1000
Colors 109449

Both were created in Paintshop Pro using the same method. If it helps, I'm happy to share the images.

PS. Sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum.
Quote:Sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum.
I guess this kind of question might start here and end up the Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs area. [we'll leave it to the mods]. If you've gone to the effort of creating your own cd art, you could use the manual effort to pick the CD from the 'extras' in the information screen (so how does the work for you?) or are you just generally re-scraping or updating? I note you didn't include the file extension, so you are saving these files as .png or .jpg? For the Transparency to work you would need one alpha channel empty and you are using what skin? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=161299 some of the comments here might be applicable.

Truly the size of the image is a bit large for the actual displayed size, unless you want your screen half full of the disk (half that size would suffice) and I guess that naturally the next question would be why limit the size, well if the image is too large, there will be time issues loading (I guess Kodi has some sort of time limit to get them in as thumbs, and the re-rendering might catch the gfx memory wall). Even when you finally get the disk image in, and are browsing the library, if the images are quite large, loading them into cache would be effort you gfx system and memory might not be up for the task. Then there is the fetch issue of the cache from a extremely large thumbnail folder, you might investigate https://github.com/MilhouseVH/texturecache.py to help clean up things.

Of hand either there is some inconsistency in your saved .disc files, or you're hitting some sort of memory wall with the sizes.
Indeed it does, moved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-05-16, 17:30)PatK Wrote:
Quote:Sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum.
I guess this kind of question might start here and end up the Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs area. [we'll leave it to the mods]. If you've gone to the effort of creating your own cd art, you could use the manual effort to pick the CD from the 'extras' in the information screen (so how does the work for you?) or are you just generally re-scraping or updating? I note you didn't include the file extension, so you are saving these files as .png or .jpg? For the Transparency to work you would need one alpha channel empty and you are using what skin? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=161299 some of the comments here might be applicable.

Truly the size of the image is a bit large for the actual displayed size, unless you want your screen half full of the disk (half that size would suffice) and I guess that naturally the next question would be why limit the size, well if the image is too large, there will be time issues loading (I guess Kodi has some sort of time limit to get them in as thumbs, and the re-rendering might catch the gfx memory wall). Even when you finally get the disk image in, and are browsing the library, if the images are quite large, loading them into cache would be effort you gfx system and memory might not be up for the task. Then there is the fetch issue of the cache from a extremely large thumbnail folder, you might investigate https://github.com/MilhouseVH/texturecache.py to help clean up things.

Of hand either there is some inconsistency in your saved .disc files, or you're hitting some sort of memory wall with the sizes.

Just to quickly answer the questions/respond
1. Yes the files are saved as PNG
2. W\hen I (right click) select the CD, the menu options are:

Queue
Play
Add To Favorites
Album Information
Query info for all albums
Change inforamtion provider
Go to root

There is no "extras" option at this level, and there isn't one at the "Album Information" level

3. On my main system I use the Titan skin

4. What's a ".disc" file?

5. On the file size issue, I''ll be switching to a 4K output soon, and I'd rather future proof myself so I don't have to create new files to look good on that display. I don't think it's a size issue since the 400K image doesn't display while the 1.5MB image does.,
5) would seem reasonable, but given that in some instances multiple disks images, large fanart, extrafanart, extra thumbs can overwhelm graphic capabilities. Regardless there is load time, and unless the thumbnails have been rendered smaller, you can be looking at megabytes. Quoted from the trak " If you want to do your own you have to stick to the rules of size, quality, center cut and format(.png). " http://46.43.42.37/ticket/7303 the rules are a bit dated, and soon we will all be needing 4K graphics.

4) disc.png (never mind the dot and some skins do support dis.jpg with a 'mask') is the naming convention for disks that are placed in a video folder. While in the music area it's cdart.png

3) A lot of the handling of disk art is skin work, and some of your query's might lead back to the skinner and that forum. Sorry that I misunderstood your first message as to indicate as a video section issue. I'm sure the skinner for Titan would have a more definitive answer to this issue. icon (folder.jpg) and fanart (fanart.jpg) support is built-in Kodi all the other image types are not supported by Kodi and can only be displayed by using workarounds in the skin.

2) There is an 'extra' on most skins when addressing the video library in the information page. It looks like this is not available in your chosen skin and I'm not sure it's supported in the music area. Kodi should auto picks up the cdart.png on a scrape, not sure if it recognizes that you have added the image after the fact. As you might note: I'm not a music aficionado.

1) It looks like you're not the only one with the issue, Kodi disk images not showing in google, seems to have various solutions and some none, and at this point the only non-standard in your message, seems to be size. Perhaps a debug log might show something?
(2016-05-16, 18:58)PatK Wrote: 5) would seem reasonable, but given that in some instances multiple disks images, large fanart, extrafanart, extra thumbs can overwhelm graphic capabilities. Regardless there is load time, and unless the thumbnails have been rendered smaller, you can be looking at megabytes. Quoted from the trak " If you want to do your own you have to stick to the rules of size, quality, center cut and format(.png). " http://46.43.42.37/ticket/7303 the rules are a bit dated, and soon we will all be needing 4K graphics.

4) disc.png (never mind the dot and some skins do support dis.jpg with a 'mask') is the naming convention for disks that are placed in a video folder. While in the music area it's cdart.png

3) A lot of the handling of disk art is skin work, and some of your query's might lead back to the skinner and that forum. Sorry that I misunderstood your first message as to indicate as a video section issue. I'm sure the skinner for Titan would have a more definitive answer to this issue. icon (folder.jpg) and fanart (fanart.jpg) support is built-in Kodi all the other image types are not supported by Kodi and can only be displayed by using workarounds in the skin.

2) There is an 'extra' on most skins when addressing the video library in the information page. It looks like this is not available in your chosen skin and I'm not sure it's supported in the music area. Kodi should auto picks up the cdart.png on a scrape, not sure if it recognizes that you have added the image after the fact. As you might note: I'm not a music aficionado.

1) It looks like you're not the only one with the issue, Kodi disk images not showing in google, seems to have various solutions and some none, and at this point the only non-standard in your message, seems to be size. Perhaps a debug log might show something?

Thanks for the assistance, I'll look at the link with the specs and see if can see what I might be doing wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cdart.png issues0