• 122(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-09-23, 15:11)wrxtasy Wrote: Another Mi Box Nougat Firmware leak:

WARNING - this Beta Firmware will break all Youtube playback.

To be clear, What does this mean?
Youtube is unusable?
Everything except YouTube is working great, even PIP and DVR in Live Channels. Much smoother and faster for me.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks very much for the beta wrxtasy. I just installed it on my Mi Box and it is working well (apart from Youtube) and certainly seems snappier. I also have a Mecool box and if you have a moment I would be very grateful if you could look at this reply to your post regarding my BT dongle problem.
Sidoaded Amazon Video still doesn't work for me on this beta, The app starts and you can browse. However, nothing will stream

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000
I have a problem when playing 4k Movies over 60mbits, the box seems just to weak to handle it? Can someone confirm this?

(i use the the latest Android 7 Version + Kodi 17.4 + offical Plex Plugin, direct streaming and accelerated hw enabled)
Read Post # 1 of this thread, specifically "The Downright Ugly"

It looks like there is a fix for the broken YouTube app with the Android Nougat Beta Build 1035 Aug 2017 update:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comme...g/dnh0c0i/
Quote:After uninstalling YouTube updates and updating it to its newer version, I can confirm that it's working, at least in 1080p ( I don't have a 4k TV).
Im at the office right now, can someone please test this?

Thanks!
(2017-09-23, 17:04)gorisrael Wrote: the recovery is freezing/

i'm having same issue, remote didn't respond to any key stroke in recovery mode, any solution?
(2017-09-25, 15:16)mibox3 Wrote:
(2017-09-23, 17:04)gorisrael Wrote: the recovery is freezing/

i'm having same issue, remote didn't respond to any key stroke in recovery mode, any solution?

You need a usb-hub and a keyboard attached to it and use the arrow keys to move in the recovery menu.
(2017-09-25, 12:23)botribun Wrote: It looks like there is a fix for the broken YouTube app with the Android Nougat Beta Build 1035 Aug 2017 update:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comme...g/dnh0c0i/
Im at the office right now, can someone please test this?
Thanks!

The playback is still inconsistent. One clip may play normally and the second clip will not. At least that has been my experience.

(2017-09-23, 15:11)wrxtasy Wrote: Apparently 4K HDR Netflix works - I have only tested 4K but not HDR.
You do get HDR option in Netflix with this firmware, but I would say that HDR playback is still broken. Once the HDR mode is acitvated, it doesn't seem to return to normal mode after you stop the playback. You have to switch resolutions or reboot.
Android Nougat Beta Build 1028 Aug 2017 (click)

This ist the 1028 update before 1035, with working YT, they say...

Source: post #13 https://forum.xda-developers.com/android...7769/page2
Thx. That 1028 Build definitely fixes the Youtube problems.

I had great difficulty entering recovery until I pressed the Back Button - First and hold it down
then the big OK button, then power cord insert.

So can anyone confirm that the 1028 build has Youtube and Netflix HDR?
The problem can be new youtube 2.0, old youtube Android TV 1.3.11 should be work.
The New youtube 2.0 is not a "true" APP , is a HTML5 site www.youtube.com/tv
I have the same problem with other android tv box( Technicolor SKIPPER ), fixed with last upgrade.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
I'm using the new 2.0 HTML5 Youtube with Build 1028 and it works.

Just watch 2 episodes of the new Netflix - Star Trek Discovery and that was fine as well. No HDR TV to test with.

• 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21