• 183(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
Send Netflix an email. It’s them that’s refusing to implement it on AndroidTV. Or use the Kodi Netflix addon.
(2019-04-01, 11:07)feathers Wrote: Send Netflix an email. It’s them that’s refusing to implement it on AndroidTV. Or use the Kodi Netflix addon.
Netflix does seem to own the problem but Mi Box seems to catch the blame.
Kudos to Mi Box for sticking with supporting a three year old device. I never experienced the issues that everyone else did but I use it in a basic configuration. I got my moneys worth for a device I paid 60 dollars for.
If I had a high end receiver and home theater system I would use my Nvidia Shield.
20.00 a year for the Mi Box has been a great investment for me.
(2019-04-01, 11:23)kdnoel Wrote:
(2019-04-01, 11:07)feathers Wrote: Send Netflix an email. It’s them that’s refusing to implement it on AndroidTV. Or use the Kodi Netflix addon.
Netflix does seem to own the problem but Mi Box seems to catch the blame.
Kudos to Mi Box for sticking with supporting a three year old device. I never experienced the issues that everyone else did but I use it in a basic configuration. I got my moneys worth for a device I paid 60 dollars for.
If I had a high end receiver and home theater system I would use my Nvidia Shield.
20.00 a year for the Mi Box has been a great investment for me. 

I mean, good on Xiaomi for supporting the original Mi Box with updates still, but they have completely borked the S variant of the box from day 0 and refused to make it functional (and actually modified their website to depreciate features that were originally advertised like DTS-HD support).

When that original Mi box eventually fails for any of you, I believe you're a fool if you give Xiaomi even a penny more of your hard earned money.
Is the missing auto framerate switching Feature a known "Issue" for the Android TV Netflix App?
TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3
(2019-04-01, 16:07)shrugg1e Wrote: Is the missing auto framerate switching Feature a known "Issue" for the Android TV Netflix App?

The Netflix App has never had auto Frame Rate Matching support when used on Amazon FireTV's and ALL Android TV boxes/sticks.

The Netflix App when used on the Apple TV 4/4K's is the only one that has such a feature implemented.

Use the Kodi Leia Netflix Addon if you want such a feature on the 2016 Mi Box. Kodi can then also work around the 5.1 DD+ audio dropouts by transcoding such audio to 5.1 DD.

(2019-04-02, 01:41)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-04-01, 16:07)shrugg1e Wrote: Is the missing auto framerate switching Feature a known "Issue" for the Android TV Netflix App?

The Netflix App has never had auto Frame Rate Matching support when used on Amazon FireTV's and ALL Android TV boxes/sticks.

The Netflix App when used on the Apple TV 4/4K's is the only one that has such a feature implemented.

Use the Kodi Leia Netflix Addon if you want such a feature on the 2016 Mi Box. Kodi can then also work around the 5.1 DD+ audio dropouts by transcoding such audio to 5.1 DD.

In Amazon fire TV suport auto Frame Rate Matching.

I tried to do that, disabling DD+output in Kodi, but Ampli shows PCM. What am I missing please? And I have to select each time language preferences.
(2019-04-02, 07:48)chrisrey Wrote:

I tried to do that, disabling DD+output in Kodi, but Ampli shows PCM. What am I missing please? And I have to select each time language preferences. 
Have you enabled Dolby Digital transcoding?
Hello,
Other people have problem when we quit KODI, the frequency/resolution doesn't change and stay to the frequency/resolution of the movie watched !
Thanks

I'm with the last beta firmware of the Mibox S.
(2019-04-02, 12:30)vitocorl Wrote:
(2019-04-02, 07:48)chrisrey Wrote:
(2019-04-02, 01:41)wrxtasy Wrote: Use the Kodi Leia Netflix Addon if you want such a feature on the 2016 Mi Box. Kodi can then also work around the 5.1 DD+ audio dropouts by transcoding such audio to 5.1 DD. 

Have you enabled Dolby Digital transcoding?

Did that: enable AC3 and disabled EAC3. And confirm that sometimes when I quit Kodi I'm in 24P.
Hey I bought the Mi box S this weekend, unfornatelly I only saw after the preparing for shipping that this model can't passthrough DTS HD or other... 

Having the Kodi I can't stream any audio, already checked the option to passthrough, any idea? The mi box is connected via HDMI to AVR Denon.

Funny part is using VLC I got working DTS HD for some movies, others not and via Netflix Dolby Digital + ...
This thing of can't passthrough correctly just because they forgot to include the library for that sucks... I hope who are in the Beta and facebook page at least make pressure on the devs to include, because it's not need license for that...
(2019-04-02, 16:54)Ogreen Wrote: Hello,
Other people have problem when we quit KODI, the frequency/resolution doesn't change and stay to the frequency/resolution of the movie watched !
Thanks

Kodi needs to be Quit completely. Then restart and it will use the Android GUI refresh rate you selected in Android Display settings.

This should then be selected....

Kodi Settings > Player > Videos > Adjust Display Refresh Rate > Start/Stop

New mibox3 firmware yesterday night, says it corrects Netflix artefact. Will test today.
firmware 2562
(2019-04-04, 03:39)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-04-02, 16:54)Ogreen Wrote: Hello,
Thanks

Kodi needs to be Quit completely. Then restart and it will use the Android GUI refresh rate you selected in Android Display settings.

This should then be selected....

Kodi Settings > Player > Videos > Adjust Display Refresh Rate > Start/Stop 
Thank you,
I have the good KODI settings Wink
I had a new beta 2 588  firmware update yesterday evenig on my Mibox S, there is a bug fix with the auto frame rate, I tested and now it's OK when I quit KODI, resolution/frequency is going back to original interface setting Smile
  • 183(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21