• 16(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-10-10, 17:47)wrxtasy Wrote: I'm sure both the Xiaomi Mi Box home page - tech specs section has something info HDR.
Maybe CNET has as well.

Someone did post the answer to this question twice now, wonder whom that might be Wink

Yes maybe you should Email Xiaomi just to be 100% sure, the Mi Box tech specs page would not be lying about HDR now would it ?

You, CNET, and their page are mistaken lol. It supports HDR now, verified by myself. The firmware update could have been the one that they put out on release day, but since I immediately checked for updates I can't say for sure. The issue he's talking about is that when it's done playing the HDR video, it doesn't revert back to non-HDR output. I have a few HDR test files and it played them both perfectly fine (HEVC 4k @ 23.976Hz w/ 10-bit); it just didn't turn off HDR on the TV.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-10-10, 18:29)hdmkv Wrote: @briand095, okay, if you can send yours to @wrxtasy, I'll send mine free of cost to @Koying.

@Koying, please PM me your shipping address and phone.

Nice team work @hdmkv and @briand095Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
@wrxtasy, no worries, the offer stands if you want the device regardless, thanks
(2016-10-10, 18:29)hdmkv Wrote: @Koying, please PM me your shipping address and phone.

Thanks, will do Smile
(2016-10-10, 19:13)timstephens24 Wrote:
(2016-10-10, 17:47)wrxtasy Wrote: I'm sure both the Xiaomi Mi Box home page - tech specs section has something info HDR.
Maybe CNET has as well.

Someone did post the answer to this question twice now, wonder whom that might be Wink

Yes maybe you should Email Xiaomi just to be 100% sure, the Mi Box tech specs page would not be lying about HDR now would it ?

You, CNET, and their page are mistaken lol. It supports HDR now, verified by myself. The firmware update could have been the one that they put out on release day, but since I immediately checked for updates I can't say for sure. The issue he's talking about is that when it's done playing the HDR video, it doesn't revert back to non-HDR output. I have a few HDR test files and it played them both perfectly fine (HEVC 4k @ 23.976Hz w/ 10-bit); it just didn't turn off HDR on the TV.

+1
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-10-10, 19:13)timstephens24 Wrote: The firmware update could have been the one that they put out on release day, but since I immediately checked for updates I can't say for sure. The issue he's talking about is that when it's done playing the HDR video, it doesn't revert back to non-HDR output. I have a few HDR test files and it played them both perfectly fine (HEVC 4k @ 23.976Hz w/ 10-bit); it just didn't turn off HDR on the TV.
I have seen this behavior with another S905X box.
(2016-10-10, 19:17)briand095 Wrote: @wrxtasy, no worries, the offer stands if you want the device regardless, thanks
Cheers, Ok will PM you.

(2016-10-10, 18:38)wrxtasy Wrote: I will see how the user built Android TV ROM for the Play2 turns out first.
It is very likely that Google will have objections to this. After all, Android TV is a licensed brand of Google.
Yeah maybe. Just like Amazon and Netflix have complained about people modding and using their Android TV OS Apps on "Non Approved" platforms.
Good thing this ROM will not be coming from WeTek then. Wink

(2016-10-10, 19:38)wrxtasy Wrote: ...
Good thing this ROM will not be coming from WeTek then. Wink

Oh I would wish it comes officially from WETEK Wink Earlier yes, but now I don't understand why they didn't use Android TV at least for the play 2 / Hub...then I would have bought the play 2 immediatelly and the Hub as second device for the other room. In that case I would probably live with it, that Amazon is not working on thoses boxes Smile
(2016-10-10, 17:53)looun Wrote: second 57 ...HDR support with netflix...

https://youtu.be/KF1v7YDT5G4?t=51

Hugo Barra is using ethernet USB adapter for his demonstration Wink See pic below

(2016-10-10, 07:03)joalin Wrote: Please inform Lon about this so that he can correct his video Angel
This specific device has a problem with USB. It does not apply to other devices.
(2016-10-10, 16:24)Tinwarble Wrote: That's not at all accurate, the max for the BD standard is 48Mbps (40Mbps video & 8Mbps audio) and most full 1080p files will be anywhere between anywhere between 30 - 40Mbps.
If you rip blu-ray without compressing it, sure. Vast majority of people do not do that.
Thumbs Up 
@hdmkv I Salute you as well as @Koying of course! Now we wait...
(2016-10-11, 01:51)rodalpho Wrote:
(2016-10-10, 16:24)Tinwarble Wrote: That's not at all accurate, the max for the BD standard is 48Mbps (40Mbps video & 8Mbps audio) and most full 1080p files will be anywhere between anywhere between 30 - 40Mbps.
If you rip blu-ray without compressing it, sure. Vast majority of people do not do that.

And where's your statistics showing that the "vast majority" compress their files? Whether people compress or don't compress depends on how many files they have and/or how much storage they have available or if they want to take the time it takes to compress all their files. But there is no way to know what the "vast majority" have done with their files.

But that's beside the point, saying that BD's are only 15Mbps is just not accurate because you don't know whether each individual person is compressing their files or not, so you always have to use the max of the standard.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21