Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-10-23, 16:34)wrxtasy Wrote: How would you get 5.1 Dolby Digital+ from say Netflix decoded to 2.0 PCM without a proper Dolby Digital Licence ?
No need - there are multiple audio streams for 2.0 and DD+ surround. This is just the same as multiple audios for language dubs etc. You switch between them in the same menu that you switch between subtitle streams on most Netflix player implementations.

Quote:Is there a handshake between the TV and the ATV OS media player, that then informs Netflix servers to only send 1080p 2.0 PCM Audio streams. I doubt it. But happy to be told I'm wrong. Wink

Think the default stream played is 2.0 stereo (presumably using a nice simple codec like AAC). If you want the DD+ surround stream (presumably for bitstreaming to your amp) you switch to it via the audio/subtitles menu.

That's my experience on Apple TV, Windows app (not browser) and I my TV (though the TV may be DD rather than DD+) which outputs 5.1 audio via the ARC over HDMI to my AMP.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by noggin - 2016-10-23, 21:02
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21