Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-01-20, 17:31)dyera Wrote:
(2017-01-19, 08:58)cdmonk Wrote: Long time XBMP/XBMC/KODI user. I just bought one of these through GearBest and received it a few days ago. Its a great little box which will replace my Asrock ION 330 which has been my main media PC for the last 8 years (with an original Xbox before that). The ION is still wonderful, however now that I have moved from a HD TV to a UHD TV i need to upgrade (like I did when I went from SD to HD).

The Mi Box is running 16.1 from the Play store (This is my first Android device apart from a cheap android media player from Aldi that is in the kids room, so i haven't looked in to side loading yet. Once I updated the firmware everything is running pretty well in Kodi playing h265 10bit UHD files, however bandwidth is my killer. I have a TP-Link UE300 USB to Ethernet adapter which was plug and play, but no good.

I found the post with bandwidth comparisons between USB to Ethernet adapter VS 801.11AC however i don't have an AC access point atm).

What UHD content are people playing as the content that I have has a data rate of about 65Mbit according to MediaInfo and even with a 400MB buffer (which I suspect is pushing it as its held in memory not disk) It just came keep up.

I don't think I am having any other issues, but I have not really put it through its paces. Bandwidth seems to be my main issue at the moment I think (and that 10bit h265 UHD files don't play in SPMC, but that is for a different forum Smile

Im having the same as you... it plays for a few seconds but then complains about source rate being too low or something... and that is with AC wifi too, beggining to think maybe it just cant handle that high data rate...

Try turning off bluetooth, I had massive problems with the wifi when bluetooth where turned on, as soon as i turned it off it worked great.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by charliebrown - 2017-01-21, 06:23
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21