Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-03-24, 00:56)steelgtr Wrote:
(2017-03-24, 00:06)woronczak Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 23:29)steelgtr Wrote: Guys,

Just got my mi box and Netflix is definitely not HD or does it even give a DD 5.1 option in the options? Any ideas why?. That's why I bought this box! Also. my uploaded 4K YouTube videos only give 1080P as the highest choice?

thx

bob

Hi Steelgtr,

Need a bit more info than that.
Where did you get your MiBox? Is it definitely a mdz-16-ab (the model discussed in this forum) ?
How are you connecting? Wifi vs Ethernet
What other hardware are you using? TV / AVR etc

Thanks,

Got it fro Walmart.. It's the right model. I tried WiFi and that was part of the Netflix problem ( I always use Ethernet in the living room) Netflix network test showed 3.5 Mbs/sec, I usually get 250 on my Beelink over Ethernet. I bough a USB/Ethernet adapter that Lon recommends and that got me up to 45Mbs in the Netflix test and the picture does look HD now but no 5.1 audio on any selections that I know have it.

And what's up with the Play store? Tried to search for speedtest.net app and got no results, just a few bogus recommendations!

And I bought a 3.5mm to toslink adaptor and changed audio output to SFDIF (sp)? to got to my McIntosh AVR.

thx

bob

Play store only lists Leanback (TV friendly) apps (so there are far fewer). You can sideload any app not listed (eg download from apkmirror, save to usb and install using a file manager - I used Xplore).

What device are you trying to playback netflix on? For 5.1 sound, your receiver must support Dolby Digital Plus (see https://help.netflix.com/en/node/14163). It will not even show up with 5.1 if it doesn't detect that it is compatible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by woronczak - 2017-03-24, 02:33
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21