Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-03-30, 17:38)insync44 Wrote: With only 8GB of internal storage, in today's age its really not enough. I am using a a non-powered USB hub to which I have attached a 3TB portable HD and watch videos through SPMC. I also use a mouse, which I find faster in Kodi, Chrome and even moving between Apps instead of the click, click and I never know on which App its positioned.
I really find it very strange when someone buys a device designed primarily as a easy to use, cheap media streamer and then tries to turn it into a PC and do tasks like web browsing on a TV with Chrome and complain about limited internal storage and speed.

These cheap Android TV OS media players are not intended to be used for that task - its exactly why they don't come with any sort of mouse in the very first place.
Its also why touchscreen Tablets and Phones running the Android touchscreen OS are far easier to use for such web browsing tasks.

The primary problem is users are trying to do everything on the one device. Demanding Kodi usage, Power Hungry Gaming, 4K Streaming, PVR's, OTA TV & deinterlacing, 3D, Flash & Web Browsing, Hi-def Music, Rocket Science, Lunar Orbit Injection....

And that is bound to fail - you end up with too many compromises and then we get to sit here and read about user woes - and you really have to question why they bought such a device in the very first place and if any pre-purchase research was even done. Huh

As an example - I cannot use any Android device for PVR - OTA TV use - because I know there are far better, reliable, working, more flexible options on Linux / LibreELEC devices, so consequently I don't use Android for that task.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by wrxtasy - 2017-03-30, 18:36
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21