• 125(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-10-19, 12:56)Geeeronimo Wrote: Or maybe the "Digital sounds" setting is the passthrough option at the Android level (that is, for all apps) ?

- PCM would be no passthrough, Android decodes the signal and sends PCM

- HDMI would be passthrough to HDMI output

- SPIDF would be passthrough to SPDIF output

So if Kodi is set to passthrough ON, then obviously it doesn't care of the Android setting.

Is it correct ?
Yes you have got it - Kodi does not care anymore what you set in Android Settings - other Android Apps however will. Wink

There may be one or two exceptions.

Hi, I get audio dropouts sometimes with error messages saying that the source read speed is too slow. I am playing from a ssd connected via usb2.0 to Mibox. Could this be a reason?
Hi, I'm looking to buy Mi Box
and i'll using it to watch movies online (Torrent Streaming)
but i'm afraid of the internal storage (8GB) will affect the streaming (For example: 1080p DTS Movie and the size like 30 GB)
and i think if i used extended storage via USB it will be laggy
(2017-10-22, 20:20)TheLegendMAX Wrote: Hi, I'm looking to buy Mi Box
and i'll using it to watch movies online (Torrent Streaming)
but i'm afraid of the internal storage (8GB) will affect the streaming (For example: 1080p DTS Movie and the size like 30 GB)
and i think if i used extended storage via USB it will be laggy

Afraid Torrent streaming is unlikely to be a popular topic for discussion in these parts.  It's very unlikely those sources of movies will have legal rights to them...
I'm the owner of the mi box since the beginning of this year and I'm very happy with it. But now I buyed a 4k TV. I installed Android 7 Beta and Netflix and Youtube works fine. But Kodi only runs on 1920x1080. I tried Kodi 17.5 and Kodi 18 alpha with the same bad result. Is there any way to say Kodi that it shoud run on 4k? The interface coud be FHD but the not the movies. Sorry when this question is already answered I didn't read the 105 pages.

With VLC it works great

By the way I can play untouched 4k movies up to 80Mb/s bitrate from my NAS over Wifi and a USB-Network adapter without buffering problems, so the sentence on the first page isn't correct Wink

EDIT: It works! I'm just stupid. I load a 4k test movie and its 4k on Kodi. Before I mean its only FHD because it zoomed in when I say orignal size.
Why is automatic refresh rate change in Kodi all of a sudden such a problem to achieve on Android devices when I remeber that all chinese boxes and their clones on s802 on android 4.4 and kodi 13 did it without a problem?

I know they used root and patched kodi(and spmc with root) to achieve this but still, it worked. What is the reason this is so hard to achieve today,many years later, if somebody would be so kind to explain.Thanks
Hi,
i have for the moment :
- Nas Synology
- Raspberry B with librelec and i m using Kodi to watch the movies from my Nas on the TV
- chromecast to watch Youtube, pictures, Amazon Primefrom smartphone
- Proximus TV bos (belgium) to have access to Netflix

If i read well, I could use the Mi Box :
- to watch Amazon Prime and Netflix cause it s possible to install them
- to watch and make search on Youtube from the tv with the remote controller by typing or talking !
- to watch my pictures from my smartphone cause it can be used as the chromecast ?
BUT what i d like the most, is to connect the box to my Nas and watch the movies on my tv but the 1st topic is telling that it s not perfect... Is it better with the last version ? Have other tried it too ?

thx

R.D
(2017-10-30, 11:59)raymondub Wrote: If i read well, I could use the Mi Box :

From START HERE

Q. I need a Kodi box that can play 1080p or 4K DRM copy protected video streams such as Netflix, HBO etc. ?
NOTE: Unless you have a HDMI connected Dolby Digital Plus Audio receiver, expect 2.0 Audio only from DD+ DRM streaming Apps running on Android TV platforms. Only very specific devices, noted below can run the Amazon Video App properly.

1080p/4K Android Netflix / Amazon Video is only possible on media players boxes that include Widevine L1 & HDCP 1.x/2.2 support in device Firmware.
  • NVIDIA Shield (4K HDR Netflix / 4K HDR Amazon Video)
  • Xiaomi Mi Box (4K Netflix - no HDR)
  • Amazon Stick/FTV1 + FTV2 (4K) + 2017 FireTV 4K (Amazon Video)
  • Intel / AMD x86-64 computers with GeForce GT 1030 or later Nvidia graphics card solution running Win10, using either dedicated Apps or a Web Browser.
  • WeTek's Core (1080p touchscreen Netflix, audio is 2.0 only)
  • WeTek Hub & Play2** (4K Netflix with ATV ROM)
  • ** ATV Netflix on Play2 also allows 5.1 Audio via SPDIF, joining the Amazon FireTV1 that can also do this.
  • Apple TV4 & 4K TV5
  • MECOOL M8S Pro Plus** (S905X) (1080p Netflix with 3rd party Android TV Firmware)
    **BEWARE there has been hardware reliability issues with the MECOOL box.

I have noticed that I have about 200ms sound delay with passtrough. I could set constant delay but it is not the problem for movie with stereo and no passtrough. I havent that on my old crappy android TV box. Do you have the same issue and what is the solution?
(2017-10-30, 13:36)wrxtasy Wrote:

From START HERE

Q. I need a Kodi box that can play 1080p or 4K DRM copy protected video streams such as Netflix, HBO etc. ?
NOTE: Unless you have a HDMI connected Dolby Digital Plus Audio receiver, expect 2.0 Audio only from DD+ DRM streaming Apps running on Android TV platforms. Only very specific devices, noted below can run the Amazon Video App properly.

1080p/4K Android Netflix / Amazon Video is only possible on media players boxes that include Widevine L1 & HDCP 1.x/2.2 support in device Firmware.
  • Intel / AMD x86-64 computers with GeForce GT 1030 or later Nvidia graphics card solution running Win10, using either dedicated Apps or a Web Browser.
  • ** ATV Netflix on Play2 also allows 5.1 Audio via SPDIF, joining the Amazon FireTV1 that can also do this.
  • Apple TV4 & 4K TV5
  • MECOOL M8S Pro Plus** (S905X) (1080p Netflix with 3rd party Android TV Firmware)

Amazon video works fine (1080p with 5.1 dd+ audio) in my Mi box. I am not sure about 4k as I don't have a 4k display. I sideloaded the apk.
Benq HT3550 | Denon X4700H | Atmos 7.2.4 & DTS:X | Sony UBP X800M2 | Firetv 4k Max
Denon S760H | Sony HX800 | Mibox V3 | Pioneer BDP140 | Apple TV 4k
(2017-10-31, 19:32)mrkalpakkam Wrote:
(2017-10-30, 13:36)wrxtasy Wrote:

From START HERE

• Apple TV4 & 4K TV5

Amazon video works fine (1080p with 5.1 dd+ audio) in my Mi box. I am not sure about 4k as I don't have a 4k display. I sideloaded the apk.

Which APK did you sideload to get AMZ Video running with 1080p and 5.1 dd+ ?
Tried the Prime Video Launcher but I only get PCM Sound and something that looks more like 720p Smile
First uninstall all Amazon apps
Install this small APK I 'create' over sideload :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tvx7wcc0nh...o_Hack.apk
On the first start you get ask to install the missing player. Say yes and you become a Android TV version (with homescreen button) and who works in FHD. Its the app from the Sony TVs.
After the installation you can removr the hack.
Hi, I'm trying to see LiveTv using MiBox trough my internal TvHeadend server, but the 1080i image is rendered at half size and stretched, giving very bad quality.
I already tested many players, the only ones that got right are stock MoviePlayer (com.droidlogic.videoplayer) and MXPlayer in HW Mode (HW+ has problems too)

I'm using Nougat 1028 with root, there's any way to finally activate those AmCodec ? Already checked permissions, they are right..

Any ideas?

Here's a sample clip 30Mb (look at the logo)
https://mega.nz/#!fB4yRDaa!Mb0TFoM-WjtNa...EcV20locow
(2017-11-01, 19:04)diogosena Wrote: Hi, I'm trying to see LiveTv using MiBox trough my internal TvHeadend server, but the 1080i image is rendered at half size and stretched, giving very bad quality.
I already tested many players, the only ones that got right are stock MoviePlayer (com.droidlogic.videoplayer) and MXPlayer in HW Mode (HW+ has problems too)

I'm using Nougat 1028 with root, there's any way to finally activate those AmCodec ? Already checked permissions, they are right..

Any ideas?

Yep give up. Xiaomi have stuffed up their AMLcodec implementation and that is definitely needed for reliable high quality TV deinterlacing because the current implementation is lousy both for Live Channels and Kodi Krypton when it works.

Use a AMLogic or Intel LibreELEC Kodi Krypton box if you are serious about TvHeadend and reliable Interlaced TV viewing.

(2017-10-31, 19:56)megadepp Wrote:
(2017-10-31, 19:32)mrkalpakkam Wrote: Amazon video works fine (1080p with 5.1 dd+ audio) in my Mi box. I am not sure about 4k as I don't have a 4k display. I sideloaded the apk.

Which APK did you sideload to get AMZ Video running with 1080p and 5.1 dd+ ?
Tried the Prime Video Launcher but I only get PCM Sound and something that looks more like 720p Smile

Google amazon prime video 4.1.20 apk, download and install it. Make sure mi box is connected to a receiver that is capable to handling dd+ audio. Otherwise it will crash. It works in US, UK and Germany. I didn't test it in other locations.
You can remove prime video launcher and any other amazon versions you have.
Benq HT3550 | Denon X4700H | Atmos 7.2.4 & DTS:X | Sony UBP X800M2 | Firetv 4k Max
Denon S760H | Sony HX800 | Mibox V3 | Pioneer BDP140 | Apple TV 4k
  • 125(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21