• 128(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-11-10, 02:24)wrxtasy Wrote: Just buy a S9xx box to use alongside your Mi Box and use Nougat Beta Firmware 935 on it. That was the most stable IMHO.

Properly Licensed Android TV, with Chromcasting, 4K HDR Netflix, Amazon, VUDU = NVIDIA Shield.

DIY Dual Boot unofficial Android TV ROM / LibreELEC that has DRM and HDCP 1.x or HDCP 2.2 for 1080p Netflix only and other 1080p copy protected video streaming:

- WeTek Play2
- MINIX U9
- MECOOL M8S Pro L

The Shield, Play2 and U9 will give you working Android Kodi dynamic refresh switching.

If using Dual Boot I recommend a MINIX A2 Lite remote with its USB dongle wireless receiver. Will work in Android (TV) and LibreELEC seamlessly.
I would ask in the Seller device specific forums for ATV ROM's or Freaktab for the MECOOL- first, if you have very specific Android TV Apps that must 100% work.
You may want to include an addendum, about having to replace the thermal compound on the SoC of the Mecool devices.  I have lots of these Android boxes, but I am going to replace the thermal compound on my MeCool boxes, since they run so hot!  I haven't had to do that with any of my other boxes.
(2017-11-10, 04:41)clarkss12 Wrote: You may want to include an addendum, about having to replace the thermal compound on the SoC of the Mecool devices.  I have lots of these Android boxes, but I am going to replace the thermal compound on my MeCool boxes, since they run so hot!  I haven't had to do that with any of my other boxes.
I suppose you get what you pay for in that price bracket and costs had to be saved somewhere.

The MINIX U9 has the best thermal cooling I've seen out of all the AMLogic devices I've tested, with its massive, properly engineered and tested Heatsink that pretty much covers every chipset mounted to the circuit board.

(2017-11-10, 00:35)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes.

Using the Chomd 666 mod already posted (only Firmware 1028 & 1035 allows this) in combo with SPMC 16.7.1 and Mediacodec Hardware video acceleration. However that does not survive a reboot so make sure the Mi Box always sleeps in standby mode. (Which is the standard setup). I'm also seeing serious WiFi reliability problems with 1028 Furmware.

If you use Amcodec video acceleration and auto refresh switching you end up with a black display screen. Turn off refresh switching and it's fine. Amcodec gives you proper full motion high quality deinterlacing for Kodi PVR OTA TV viewing use.

Basically that all adds up to one big comprimised hassle and these days.
If you do not need Chromecasting or 4K Netflix the dual boot AMLogic devices that come with DRM and HDCP 1.x or HDCP 2.2 when combined with some DIY and a quality Wireless USB dongle remote like the MINIX A2 lite, represent better value and you end up with a superior LibreELEC Kodi Krypton setup.

Thanks a lot for your answer Wink
Hello, I have strong difficulties to understand the framerate issues.

Q: assuming default Android TV6 on the Mi Box, if you set HDMI adaptation to Activate, and manually change the output framerate depending on the source file, then everything should be OK, no ?
(2017-11-09, 16:09)crashi Wrote:
(2017-09-13, 08:07)rolleer Wrote:
(2017-09-09, 13:13)crashi Wrote: Having another issue with this as well, it does need daily reboot, otherwise WIFI connection is very poor, buffering and buffering and after reboot everything back Ok again. Issue is not just with KODI, also with Netflix etc. Anyone else suffering of this? Smile

Hi, i have exactly the same problem as yours. I need to restart, or switch off the wifi and on again otherwise my apps like youtube,netflix,kodi didn't work
Any solutions for this? 

Did you find solution for WiFi?
I didnt yet (Factory reset just done, so not know yet did it help). I also purchaced USB3 HUB with RJ45 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Gigabit-...B00LLUEJFU) but same issues, reboots needed every day to get good transfer rates... Now after Factory reset, USB hub wont even power on! Smile
I dont know could there be some setting which need to be enabled to get some power out from Mi Box USB... not having anything connected to hub. Tested it with another device and that dongle powers up and leds are on.

Try disabling USB debugging in the developer options. Settings -> about -> build -> press ok 7 times. Then disable USB debugging in developer options.
Geeeronimo I don't think so. I tried every frame rate with kodi 1080p videos and it still doesn't solve the problem

Enviado do meu SM-G950F através de Tapatalk
(2017-11-10, 14:05)bulletdodger Wrote:
(2017-09-13, 08:07)rolleer Wrote: Hi, i have exactly the same problem as yours. I need to restart, or switch off the wifi and on again otherwise my apps like youtube,netflix,kodi didn't work
Any solutions for this? 

I didnt yet (Factory reset just done, so not know yet did it help). I also purchaced USB3 HUB with RJ45 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Gigabit-...B00LLUEJFU) but same issues, reboots needed every day to get good transfer rates... Now after Factory reset, USB hub wont even power on! Smile
I dont know could there be some setting which need to be enabled to get some power out from Mi Box USB... not having anything connected to hub. Tested it with another device and that dongle powers up and leds are on. 

Try disabling USB debugging in the developer options. Settings -> about -> build -> press ok 7 times. Then disable USB debugging in developer options. 

Thanks!!! That was it, USB dongle back on track. Let´s see could network work now without reboots.
(2017-09-13, 08:07)rolleer Wrote:
(2017-09-09, 13:13)crashi Wrote: Having another issue with this as well, it does need daily reboot, otherwise WIFI connection is very poor, buffering and buffering and after reboot everything back Ok again. Issue is not just with KODI, also with Netflix etc. Anyone else suffering of this? Smile

Hi, i have exactly the same problem as yours. I need to restart, or switch off the wifi and on again otherwise my apps like youtube,netflix,kodi didn't work
Any solutions for this?  

I didnt yet (Factory reset just done, so not know yet did it help). I also purchaced USB3 HUB with RJ45 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Gigabit-...B00LLUEJFU) but same issues, reboots needed every day to get good transfer rates... 

This is rubbish. 400KB/s wired file transfer speed with ES File Explorer before reboot. Second latest Nougat Beta. Why I did do the upgrade for the Nougat!! Smile
(2017-11-10, 00:35)wrxtasy Wrote: ...
Basically that all adds up to one big comprimised hassle and these days.
If you do not need Chromecasting or 4K Netflix the dual boot AMLogic devices that come with DRM and HDCP 1.x or HDCP 2.2 when combined with some DIY and a quality Wireless USB dongle remote like the MINIX A2 lite, represent better value and you end up with a superior LibreELEC Kodi Krypton setup.

@wrxtasy sorry for the offtopic but is there any chance that youll be releasing new Odroid C2 LE Krypton anytime soon? Im using your Jarvis since first version and its just the best LE Ive ever had, but I miss some new LE 8 features and improvements...Thanks either way

Im waiting for the new (AML?) SOC generation with full HDR 4k support, I was considering buying cheap s905x for LE HDR but s905x after s905 feels more like a downgrade then upgrade (except HDR, but i watch few movie rips (personal,legal of course) in HDR I have through DLNA with TVs built in player, works ok for now)

Mibox as a bedroom device is great considering 1080p Netflix (the reason i bought it), Chromecast and this new discovered auto refreshrate, but Odroid is still my main man Smile
(2017-11-12, 02:23)llonca13 Wrote: @wrxtasy sorry for the offtopic but is there any chance that youll be releasing new Odroid C2 LE Krypton anytime soon? Im using your Jarvis since first version and its just the best LE Ive ever had, but I miss some new LE 8 features and improvements...Thanks either way
I've been away from the compiler for a while, but this is what I'm using as my daily C2 - LE 8.2 Kodi Krypton 17.5 (click) for use with an aftermarket Xiaomi Mi Box Bluetooth remote and v4.0 CSR BT Dongle.
Main reason for the Xiaomi Mi Box remote - its nice and simple and friendly for non-tech Kodi users. Smile

I think my post was deleted, either way i would like to know if there's any benefit to upgrading to nougat, or if anyone is experiencing app crashes in kodi or SPMC.
Hello, I have a question about what is displayed on the screen during music playback, I don't know whether it's specific to MiBox/AndroidTV but here it is.

I first used the default configuration. In this case, when playing music, after a few minutes the screen gets black, then when a new track starts the corresponding info is briefly displayed. When one hits OK the OSD menu appears and one can play/pause/stop.

Then I tried the 'Spectrum' vizualization. The behavior is exactly the same, except of course that the black screen is replaced by the animated 3D video.

Then I switched off the vizualisation, but the behavior changed. Instead of the black screen, the screen is dimmed, the display stays on the current interface page, and the OSD menu never appears again.

How do I restore the default configuration ?
@wrxtasy
Thanks for the link, ill give krypton one more chance then Smile

@mardds
I think there is no reason not to update, device is faster and snappier, much more stable (works 24/7 for months, no need to reboot to fix various issues like on MM), and applying chmod 666 to make auto switchrate work you get a great video experience. I heard some people had problems with wifi on 1028 build but i couldnt tell, im using ethernet through adapter. Install 1028,or if you really want for some reason hdr in netflix app install 1035 but in that case you are losing youtube playback
(2017-11-13, 13:47)llonca13 Wrote: @wrxtasy
Thanks for the link, ill give krypton one more chance then Smile

@mardds
I think there is no reason not to update, device is faster and snappier, much more stable (works 24/7 for months, no need to reboot to fix various issues like on MM), and applying chmod 666 to make auto switchrate work you get a great video experience. I heard some people had problems with wifi on 1028 build but i couldnt tell, im using ethernet through adapter. Install 1028,or if you really want for some reason hdr in netflix app install 1035 but in that case you are losing youtube playback
Thanks a lot for the reply, is there a link i can download the nougat firmware from ?
(2017-11-13, 13:47)llonca13 Wrote: @mardds
Ok, but if I use Wifi and use Youtube from time to time it would be better to stay with MM?
  • 128(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21