Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
@wrxtasy I got the box working again in downgrading to Android 6 MM. Used the Vietnamese guide (http://daivietpda.com/2017/11/mdz-16-abh...-0-to-6-0/) that worked very well. So the system part was obviously ok, since you have to backup it and restore it again after the flash back to Android 6. After that everything worked again. 

But I have some other questions you might help me with please. First of all I have SPMC 17 beta running on my box. Everything is back to choppy obviously. I´m just a bit confused with the settings of the box. First of all, there´s "Automatic Display adjustment", "HDMI self adaptation" and finally "optimize for resolution/framerate" in the developer settings. So quite a lot of settings for nothing?

Secondly regarding SMPC. I realized it´s only using CPU0 and CPU 2, 1 and 3 are always idle. Is there a reason for that? And I´m also confused regarding the codecs. In the Nougat beta were three: AMcodec, Mediacodec (surface) and Mediacodec. I experienced different behaviour, AMcodec generally crashed SMPC, Mediacodec (Surface) only had audio with black picture when HDMI self adaptation was enabled, and Mediacodec worked generally. With Android 6, there´s no AMcodec anymore at all, Mediacodec (surface) is just choppy, regardless of HDMI self adaptation and the normal Mediacodec is relatively smooth, as long the Box is set to the same framerate as the film (both 24p for example). So how to set up that stupid box? What is the purpose and difference of all these settings? I´m not a fan of your set the box to 50hz and let SMPC adjust the video and audio. That sets me back to the old PAL/NTSC video days I´m happy they are long gone with 24p.

That´s all very underwhelming. Why is the chmod workaround not working in Android 6? I´m really starting to thing about getting a nvidia Shield, getting annoyed by that box Wink

Messages In This Thread
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by theface - 2017-12-16, 12:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21