• 145(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2018-05-04, 15:10)HiRsch Wrote: Hi there,

I just ran into a problem when trying HEVC movies in KODI 17.6 with he-aac audio. I have movies with 5.1 and 7.1 he-aac, but they get output to my STR-DH540 as 'LINEAR-PCM', which means stereo.
Can anyone tell me if this is  a Kodi, Mi Box or receiver problem? I get passthrough of any other kind of multichannel audio just fine.

Cheers.
H

EDIT:
I think it is my receiver, since Kodi does show me channel numbers of the audio in the audio properties :-(

It's not possible to bitstream/passthrough AAC audio to a receiver. You either decode it to Linear PCM (stereo or multi-channel) or transcode to Dolby Digital.  Decoding to PCM is fine.  Linear PCM doesn't always mean stereo, as you can have Linear PCM 2.0 (stereo), 5.1/7.1 multichannel (this is how the Apple TV and Raspberry Pi handle some audio instead of bit streaming for instance).  Linear PCM only really means stereo if you are limited to SPDIF / Toslink quality output, HDMI can support 5.1/7.1 Linear PCM.

However you need to ensure that you have configured Kodi for 5.1 or 7.1 output (it's in Audio settings) and not all ARM platforms support 5.1/7.1 PCM.  If that's the case then set your Kodi output settings to 2.0 (I know it feels wrong to do this) and then a 'Transcode to AC3/Dolby' option should appear in passthrough.
(2018-05-24, 01:55)wrxtasy Wrote: No official Android TV Box like the NVIDIA Shield, Mi Box or Vodafone TV can downmixing Android TV Netflix DD+ into DD only even if the device has a Dolby Audio license.
Buy an Amazon Fire TV or Apple TV if you want that sort of audio downmixing.

Also Kodi cannot do any AAC audio passthrough, it will be downmixed into PCM every time.
I don't think the Mi Box support multichannel AAC downmixed into multichannel PCM either.
My unofficial Android Tv on Mecool M8S Pro+ that i bought thanks to your recommendations does this without any issue. It also never gets stuck or loses av sync like mibox does... and doesnt require reboot every 48hours.
Plus it dual boots with Libreelec for perfect video playback and frame rate switching.

Buying this box was one big mistake, hw is great on this box but sw is patethic :/
Do you mean this box? Sounds like you can really recommend it. I'm tired of waiting for Xiaomi to push the oreo update...
(2018-06-08, 09:24)Ultraschorsch Wrote: Do you mean this box? Sounds like you can really recommend it. I'm tired of waiting for Xiaomi to push the oreo update...
I believe Oreo Firmware has reached "final" status according to Mi Box Beta testers.
So you will likely buy something else and then they will push the updated Firmware a few days later. Wink

Also be aware that the very latest AMLogic Android TV Nougat 7.1.2 Firmware has audio improvements which will very likely carry on over into any Oreo release.

You will likely be able to do 5.1 / 7.1 AAC, DD, DTS audio decoded into multichannel LPCM by Kodi. I'm now seeing this on ATV S905W 7.1.2 Firmware.

Ah, ok. Thank you for warning me! So I will try and stay patient Smile
Do anyone have solution for lipsync problem when using passtrough? Setting audio delay for 200ms works but when I watch file with stereo sound I have to set audio delay to 0ms manually and its frustrating. Is it possible to set  audio delay for passtrough and no-passtrough separately?
Hello, I have just received the Oreo update and I have a problem with kodi krypton. My pendrive USB is not accesible from kodi. It says Patch not found or invalid when I push the button to enter the USB name. So kodi can see the usb but is not capable to open it.

It was working before updating, and also works with other apps in android Oreo, only kodi fails to open the USB files.
Hi, did you join to beta test channel?
It is rolling out to everyone now. I have it on one box. No refresh rate switching in kodi for me though. Anyone else had a play yet?
Definitely is a kodi problem, i have had to temporally install VLC to be able to play my flac files from the USB drive. Also I have tried leia alpha version and the same message when trying to open the USB: Patch not found or invalid
(2018-06-25, 15:41)woronczak Wrote: It is rolling out to everyone now. I have it on one box. No refresh rate switching in kodi for me though. Anyone else had a play yet?
 Same here, no autoframe works yet in Oreo Update with Kodi v17.6 "Krypton".
Maybe Kodi need implement it now.
I also tried Leia nightly and even spmc and no refresh rate switching there either. On reddit, xiaomi beta testers said it worked so either they have no idea or I am missing something...
(2018-06-25, 16:06)woronczak Wrote: I also tried Leia nightly and even spmc and no refresh rate switching there either. On reddit, xiaomi beta testers said it worked so either they have no idea or I am missing something...
 I think that Xiaomi Beta Testers says amlogic has implemented in the Oreo kernel:
Quote:Auto refresh rate is corrected by kernel microcode changes for Oreo, implemented by Amlogic. 

Xiaomi does not deserve any credit for Amlogic finally updating their S905X-H Oreo core. By the same token, Xiaomi was not at fault for earlier problems since the Amlogic MM core was the fault and totally beyond Xiaomi's control.

There are some simple mods to MM code that will fix the issue but these mods resulted in the device being flagged by Google's verification process and would not pass Google's authentication. That would have meant Xiaomi could not carry the distinctive AndroidTV logo and all the benefits that brings. It would certainly have impacted Walmart's decision to carry the product. They would have not given Xiaomi a second look without the strong Google endorsement.
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/xiao...ost-421540

So now Kodi will need support this kernel feature.
can confirm just got Oreo am in mexico city
Yep, avalaible in France too Wink
May be we have to wait now a new KODI update to have auto frame rate Smile
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21