Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2018-06-25, 16:06)woronczak Wrote: I also tried Leia nightly and even spmc and no refresh rate switching there either. On reddit, xiaomi beta testers said it worked so either they have no idea or I am missing something...
 I think that Xiaomi Beta Testers says amlogic has implemented in the Oreo kernel:
Quote:Auto refresh rate is corrected by kernel microcode changes for Oreo, implemented by Amlogic. 

Xiaomi does not deserve any credit for Amlogic finally updating their S905X-H Oreo core. By the same token, Xiaomi was not at fault for earlier problems since the Amlogic MM core was the fault and totally beyond Xiaomi's control.

There are some simple mods to MM code that will fix the issue but these mods resulted in the device being flagged by Google's verification process and would not pass Google's authentication. That would have meant Xiaomi could not carry the distinctive AndroidTV logo and all the benefits that brings. It would certainly have impacted Walmart's decision to carry the product. They would have not given Xiaomi a second look without the strong Google endorsement.
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/xiao...ost-421540

So now Kodi will need support this kernel feature.

Messages In This Thread
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by R91g - 2018-06-25, 16:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21