v17 Music Library Improvements - Krypton
(2016-06-07, 17:06)bsoriano Wrote: Hello,

Sorry I took so long in posting again, real life got in the way of Kodi testing. I scanned my whole collection (162,000 tracks), with the scraper set to Local Information Only, as I wanted to see what would be picked up from my tags without any online lookups. I did leave on the setting about artists which appear in compilations, since I have a lot of multi-artist albums.

The results were very good! All of my albums were picked up, my artist list shows 18,128 artists, which is about right. I am now in the process of fixing incorrectly entered artist names and duplicate artists due to those incorrect names, so when I am done I will remove the source, clean the database, delete the database and start the whole process again.

The only quirks I have found in my limited testing so far are:

1. In the Genre node, I would like to see all albums with that Genre instead of the Artists. I know there's another thread discussing this, I will look there on how to accomplish this, and if it is doable with custom nodes. I really don't want to set up a smart playlist for each one of my genres.

2. The sorting options are not specific to a node or view. For example, in the Artists node, when I select an Artist and view the albums where that artist appears, if I change the sorting to show me the albums in descending order by year, then if I go into the Albums node, that list will also be sorted by year descending (and descending alphabetically too). I would like the sorting/filtering options to be node specific or view specific. I know I can create smart playlists or custom nodes, but it would be nice if this worked with the standard nodes.

This morning I changed the information provider to Universal Album Scraper and Universal Artist Scraper, and I left my laptop running a "Query info for all albums", just to see how many of my albums actually are found and info added to them. I will do the same process with Artists, and let you know also how that goes.

Regards,

Bart

Bart thanks for testing out your extensive library - 162,000 tracks and 18,128 artists - phew!

There are issues with traffic and the Musicbrainz server, and some very recent updates to the Universal Scraper (that you may not have picked up), so I don't know how well your marathon scraping session will go. Perhaps report any scraping feedback on a separate thread, where others can pick up on it easier.

As for the feature requests: genre > albums has been mentioned elsewhere, keep a track on that thread.
The sort behaviour is something that was modified for Jarvis, but also has a skin contribution (I think). Start a separate thread about it rather than let it get lost in here.

Cheers Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: TESTERS WANTED: Krypton 17 Music Library Improvements - by DaveBlake - 2016-06-09, 19:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Improvements - Krypton1