v17 Music Library Improvements - Krypton
(2016-09-17, 15:06)DaveBlake Wrote: That database definitely had songs related to those genres, after your re-tagging those are gone. I think the reason that no artists appeared under those genres is the way the albumartistonly flag ("show song and album artists" setting) was set. While there were songs with those genres there were no albums with them. With albumartistsonly=true only the album_artist and album_genre tables are being checked not the song_genre and song_artist.

I think you have got it as I believe the problem correlates with genres with albums which I could not associate with Musicbrainz IDs. They still existed, because I did not retag them (my fault!). But the tag structure for those albums is pretty old and outdated, which is probably why they were "misidentified" as compilations, and therefore not shown. Would also explain why I did not have the problem with other obsolete genres, like "Chansons", where all albums were retagged and re-genred with Musicbrainz IDs / Picard. The "Chansons" genre disappeared right from the start... :-)

Cheers, Dave. Have a great dev con or a great weekend or both... ;-)

Messages In This Thread
RE: TESTERS WANTED: Krypton 17 Music Library Improvements - by M4tt0 - 2016-09-17, 19:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Improvements - Krypton1