v17 Music Library Improvements - Krypton
Wink 
(2016-10-09, 16:56)DaveBlake Wrote: Sorry, I can not repeat this issue - added folders within a music source location on my NAS do get scanned on library update as expected. So I will need more information about specifics.

Is your NAS drive music folder definitely added as a music source itself? That is the most obvious issue - you are adding extra sources for each sub-folder, but the common one is missing? Can you provide a copy of you sources.xml from the userdata folder?

What platform are you using?

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

I am using Windows 10 and also have a network drive mapped to the NAS share holding my media (music, movies and TV shows).

My music is organized in folders by file type and albums, like this:

Music
----Albums
--------DTSs
--------FLACs
--------MP3s
----Playlists

In each of the DTSs, FLACs and MP3s folders I have sub-folders by albums. I take great care in tagging the tracks with Mp3Tag, although using only a limited number of tags: ALBUM, ARTIST, GENRE, TITLE, TRACK and YEAR. With albums having contributing artists also using ALBUMARTIST.

In Kodi I defined one source (MyMusic), with 3 paths for the file type sub-folders, like this:
X:\Music\Albums\DTSs
X:\Music\Albums\FLACs
X:\Music\Albums\MP3s

In this setup the behavior of the library update was like I described in the original post. I say "was" because what you wrote made me thinking and I changed (could not resist the temptation...) the source definition to this (one single path):
X:\Music\Albums

And now the library update does find the new albums...Big Grin You may try replicating this but for me - problem solved.

Otherwise I am very happy with the library changes I see, thank you VERY MUCH for the work you put into it. Much appreciated! My biggest complaint (although never mentioned it) was that list positions (Artist / Albums / Recently Added / etc.) were not handled properly and you were never returned to the same position when switching between lists. This now works nicely.

Kodi is very important for me, it is practically the only way I listen to music. Not sure if there's a more appropriate thread, maybe you could forward this to your colleagues, but I would also like to mention that I find the sound I get from Krypton better than what I got from Jarvis (same equipment, no changes there). Jarvis was also quite good but Krypton is still better...Nod Thanks for this improvement too...

Messages In This Thread
RE: TESTERS WANTED: Krypton 17 Music Library Improvements - by hugo57 - 2016-10-10, 07:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Improvements - Krypton1