v17 Music Library Improvements - Krypton
I have been trying out the music library in kodi 17 beta 5 this afternoon and have a few questions

to begin with I cleared out my existing library and rescanned everything, in retrospect I'm not entirely sue this was a great idea but its done now.

after scanning what year is used to sort the display of album thumbnails view, is it the first year it finds in one of the tracks ?

An album may have tracks from multiple years (for example a best of collection). I have never been able to decide how to set the years for these type of albums whether to use the year of the compilations issue or the year of the actual tracks themselves, both are correct and both are wrong depending on the scenario.

Taking The Zombies as an example all their material was recorded in the 1960s but there are loads of compilation albums which came out in the 2000s.

when displaying the albums thumbnail view ideally I would want to use the compilation issue year, but when wanting to play lets say songs from the 1960s the individual tracks need to have the year set correctly, is there a way to fix these two conflicting needs with a specific tag ?

If an album cant be located online after scanning it would appear that when you show the information for that album it does not show any of the tracks on the album, only the local artwork, artist, year and sometimes style and label which I suspect must be in my tags, is this the behaviour you expect ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: TESTERS WANTED: Krypton 17 Music Library Improvements - by tkgafs - 2016-10-31, 22:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Improvements - Krypton1