v17 Music Library Improvements - Krypton
(2016-11-22, 11:51)tkgafs Wrote: Still dont see Roles anywhere or how to search for composers
Did you install to a new location and run in portable mode (start from a shortcut with -p on the path)? If run normally (not portable) then it will pick up the userdata from previous versions, and if you have previously edited or customised your menu structure then new items won't appear. Maybe that is the issue?

Try running in portable mode.The music library (from the books icon towards top left of the main screen in Estuary) should look like this:

Click on "roles" node and you will see something like this:

But there will only be a composers node (or conductors, lyricists etc.) if some of your music has composer tags and you have scanned those tags with Kodi v17. In early betas rescanning was not forced, so unless you loaded the library from scratch the newly revelent tags would not have been picked up. If converting and old lib to the new version you may have created a v17 music db without the composers in it.

Does that help guide you towards composers? Do let me know.

Quote:Can you suggest the reasons for the following I have the album Juliet letters by Elvis Costello and the Brodsky Quartet tagged as in the following image...
I guess the surpize is that "Elvis Costello / Brodsky Quartet" is listed before "Elvis Costello". How we best deal with sorting collaborative albums with multiple album artists is an interesting question.

I can''t tell from those images, but are they also tagged with musicbrainz ids or have ARTISTS or ALBUMARTISTS tags? In Mp3tag bring up an extended tag list dialog (ctrl+T) for a song and share a screen shot of that.

It seems that Kodi split "Elvis Costello and the Brodsky Quartet" into separate artists and recombined them with a "/". I also note ID3 v2.3 format tags. It could be a couple of things to do with the artist desc you see and the artist name used to sort no being quite the same. I need to know about the other tags, and do some experiments.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TESTERS WANTED: Music Library Improvements - by DaveBlake - 2016-11-22, 12:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Improvements - Krypton1