• 14(current)
v17 Music Library Improvements - Krypton
(2016-11-23, 08:42)DaveBlake Wrote: [
For flac files Kodi will take anything in the BAND, ENSEMBLE tags or PERFORMER tag value of form "artistname(orchstra)" as an orchestra. Mp3tag will display all of these in the extended tag dialog.

yes they all had the Band tag set., but simply in the same form as the Artists name

ie ARTIST = Tom Waits
BAND = Tom Waits

Is there a simple document which lists all these mappings ?
In flac files these tags

BAND = "London Symphony Orchestra"
or
ENSEMBLE = "London Symphony Orchestra"
or
PERFORMER = "London Symphony Orchestra (Orchestra)"

will each result in a data entry of artist "London Symphony Orchestra" has role of "orchestra".
Only the PERFORMER tag has values with "artistname(role)" format.

(2016-11-23, 10:28)tkgafs Wrote: Is there a simple document which lists all these mappings ?

Try this http://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging#Tags_Kodi_reads

Also this Picard documentation https://picard.musicbrainz.org/docs/mappings may help too .
Cool tested and works really well. Lets hope your skin PR gets in so we can take full advantage of this.

Now you've made me want to look for solutions for person role thumbnails Big Grin

Screenshot of my library after using, is there anything more you need me to test like creating custom nodes?

One possibly feature request I was thinking was that now we have this facility is the "Show song and Album Artists" option needed in settings?

Can't we create 2 default nodes for "Artists" and "All Artists" somehow?

Just a thought...

I know the team loves getting rid of settings Big Grin
(2016-11-23, 14:11)docwra Wrote: Can't we create 2 default nodes for "Artists" and "All Artists" somehow?

We already have Smile
OK they are lurking on the Roles menu along with the nodes for the standard roles, see the first image on this post on the previous page http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2461198
but that seemed a safe place to start. Switch easily between all artists or just the album artists.

Quote:One possibly feature request I was thinking was that now we have this facility is the "Show song and Album Artists" option needed in settings?
I know the team loves getting rid of settings Big Grin
I did wonder myself, but it does have a use in default node behaviour and navigation. For example when you select a genre on the genres node what do you see next song and album artists with that genre or just the album artists? Without a default setting you end up with two genre nodes too.

So for now the setting has a use.

But I would like to transform music library navigation entirely, or at least offer a different approach for those that want it, based around immediately accessible filter settings and then being able to navigate around within that. e.g. looking at songs with these criteria go back up and see the albums, artists even genres, as well as looking at artists and go down etc. Linking between items too, so from a song you could go to all the songs composed by the same artist, or the other songs on an album, etc. Lots of connectivity in just a few clicks. Smile

But I need some other team members on side or any of my ideas are useless. Sad
Dave,

I see that the latest version of the new estuary skin is now in the nightly builds, any chance of getting a build of your changes along with the latest default skin
Yes sure, I'll edit this post with a link once it is on the mirrors.

Edit:
Latest music work, with Estuary v2, build for testing is here Music1125

This has the SQL changes discussed here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2460710 so just check out navigation of genre, artist, album nodes. But also has an improvement to the Song Infomation dialog, that gives links from artists that contribute to the song to the artist info dialog.

I know that song genre, mood, rating (and votes), and playcount are still missing from Estuary, but it is beyond my knowledge of skinning to add them. The info labels exist for other skins to use.
Latest music work build is here Music1126

It has music improvements and fixes that have not yet been merged into the nightly master.

In addition to changes mentioned above - adjusted SQL (especially only showing albums by an album artist, not all the other albums), and improved song info dialog - this has improved PERFORMER (TMCL/TIPL) tag processing that separates when multiple roles have been put into one tag.

It seems that Picard can produce combined tags for the relationships in the Musicbrainz database. That is tags values like "James May (Drums, xylophone and piano)", "Pierre Marchand(Drums, keyboards and piano), "Sarah McLachlan(keyboards, guitar)", that would have resulted in combined role entries: "Drums, xylophone and piano", "Drums, keyboards and piano", "keyboards, guitar", like you can see on the screenshot a few posts back. Now it will create individual roles "Drums", "Xylophone", "Piano, "Keyboards", "Guitar".
Dave

A quick question where is the info that is displayed when you press I for information on an album, actually obtained from ?

is it scraped at that point in time ?

On the Elvis Costello / Brodsky Quartet Juliet Letters album, the information displayed for tracks is completely incorrect

but If I click on the album the tracks displayed are correct

There is no album.nfo in the folder for the album and having browsed through the actual database the tracks being displayed are not in the songs table

Prefer Online Information is set to off

I have also discovered an Elton John album, which shows similar errors and presume there are others in my collection

Im using the latest build you posted today Music1126
(2016-11-27, 18:04)tkgafs Wrote: A quick question where is the info that is displayed when you press I for information on an album, actually obtained from ?
Most of it is scraped from either from NFO or online sources. Estuary does not show all of it (Confluence does).
Album title and album artists come from music file tags. So does genre (taken from 1st song), year, label and if the album is a compilation, but these are over written if you have "Prefer online sources" enabled by any scrapped values. The rest - Moods, Styles, Themes, Review (description), rating (and votes), Thumb and fanart are all scraped. User rating is set via the UI (I think).

The track list is also scaped and has nothing to do with the songs in your library.

Quote:is it scraped at that point in time ?
No, entry to the Album Info dialog nolonger triggers unbidden scraping with the possiblity of an infinite loop if it can't recognise it. That was fixed in Jarvis. Scraping happens:
  • On update library if you have "fetch additional info on update" enabled
  • On "query info for all" from the context menu of the albums node
  • On clicking the "refresh" button on the Album Info dialog

Quote:On the Elvis Costello / Brodsky Quartet Juliet Letters album, the information displayed for tracks is completely incorrect
but If I click on the album the tracks displayed are correct

There is no album.nfo in the folder for the album and having browsed through the actual database the tracks being displayed are not in the songs table

Prefer Online Information is set to off

I have also discovered an Elton John album, which shows similar errors and presume there are others in my collection

Im using the latest build you posted today Music1126
Do you have "fetch additional info on update" enabled? Is the Elton John album also a collaboration with another artist? Which album is it? What tracks are you seeing, can you recognise the album they are from (even if you do not own it)?

I'm betting you are suffering from the issue of NFO file processing when albums have multiple album artists. Those tracks will have come from an NFO file located in an unexpected place. But do some more investigation for me please.
Of course @tkgafs I have your database (I forgot already, I am getting old Sad ).

The 17 tracks scraped for Elton John "Greatest Hits 1970-2002" are a complete mismatch to the 45 songs you have from that album in your collection. Was that the one you spotted? They are either from an NFO, or the scraper mis-identified based on just artist and album name, one reason for using MusicbrainzID tags. You also own 3 more tracks on "Captain Fantastic & The Brown Dirt Cowboy" album than the album info tracks show.

For Elvis Costello / Brodsky Quartet Juliet Letters album in the database I have the album info tracks look correct. But I still suspect some incorrect scraping for what you see.
No it wasn't Elton Johns greatest hits, but yes it shows completely different tracks to what is actually on disc

but was Tumbleweed Connection

when I press I on that album all the tracks titles have 5.1 mix added to their titles

Its definitely incorrect scraping as you have confirmed as I suspected the tracks are not in the database

I have fetch additional data on update on and prefer online information off

I am using the new v2 estuary skin which is your build

Having just checked my "live" V16 system which is using confluence skin

If I query Abum info on them no information is shown, Im using same settings fetch additional is on and prefer online is off

none of the albums in question have album.nfo files present
Yes Tumbleweed Connection scarpped track values are different to the songs in your library too. If you are sure that there is no album.NFO, and I can see no reason for Kodi to get confused about the album folder, then this data has been scraped online. As "fetch additional data on update" is enabled this scraping will have happened when you scanned the music files.

The last scraped date on the database I have is 2016-11-22 21:12:44.

There can be many reasons why what was scraped by Krypton on that date has different results to what you have scraped (or not) in Jarvis. Scraper settings, scraper success, and simply what album the scraper picks using names alone (having to lookup Musicbrainz IDs to do the rest of the scrape rather than have them set buy the users during tagging), the online contents may have changed too.

Persoanlly I think the scraped tracks list, like the artist discography, is pretty useless. It can clearly also be flawed.

Why has v17 scraped this in particular? Well check the scraper settings, maybe disable "Fetch additional data on update" and it won't happen again. Not sure I can explain anything more of this, but ask if you can think of something.
Dave,

like you I'm not that bothered about the scraping, simply wanted to inform you about a difference I was seeing between v16 and v17

its another reason I've never bothered with musicbrainz / picard tried it a couple of times a few years ago but got fed up seeing the wrong album art etc (eg US not UK(

and my collection is now to big to contemplate starting, it took ages just to make sure all the tracks had years set, let alone anything else.

Tim
Ok folks, all that music stuff is now in the current nightly and Millhouse build.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Improvements - Krypton1