[split] Improved Classical Music Browsing
(2015-09-21, 21:24)DaveBlake Wrote: I am happily putting in the development work, which is a start, but it is yet to be seen if or when this will be available in the official version. It needs at least 2 Dev Team members to have the time, expertise and interest to check my work - both the coding standards and the fundamental design - to see if it is suitable, and be willing to sign it off. This is slow as the team members are busy people, and few have an interest in music let alone classical music. Also I am new and unknown, so it is going to take a while to gain credibility. How quickly this feature appears is largely beyond my control.

Oh Zag you make is sound so easy!!

Just to expand on what Martijn has said.

Merge window for changes/new features is the 1st of each month to midnight CET on the 20th of each month, from here to the end of the month is a stability period to allow for the finding of bugs introduced in the merge window just passed, note that fixes for bugs can be merged at anytime including this period at the end of the month.

Thus my suggested work flow is the raise PR before the end of the month with the target of getting it added in the next merge window. The earlier you do this gives more time for getting it reviewed, make any required changes, and get it into a state where it can go straight in on the 1st of the month or at least in the first few days. If the 1st of the month has come and it hasn't been reviewed now is the time to give people a slight nudge to ensure you have plenty of time to do changes, get it reviewed again if necessary, and then get it into a fit state for meger before the 20th.

Messages In This Thread
Improved Classical Music Browsing - by zag - 2015-09-17, 13:40
RE: Improved Classical Music Browsing - by jjd-uk - 2015-09-22, 03:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Improved Classical Music Browsing3