[split] Improved Classical Music Browsing
I don't think zag read my question right, or maybe I phrased it wrong. What I meant was if there are xml files used by kodi to define certain things - I was thinking that an xml file can be used to identify what id tags are to be read by kodi so it builds the library using those xml defined id tags (instead of hard coding like DaveB is doing with this improvement). For example, create an xml file that contains TIT1, TIT3, TBPM, TPUB, TLAN and those tags would be read in when the database is built. Then you can use a library node to define the desired filtered output.

Thanks DaveB. I use the genre tag already. Going back to the rolling stones example, I'd have them as a rock genre and some songs are rocking (tit1). I use other songs for other genres, country music for example. Is this link http://kodi.wiki/view/Audio_file_tags the latest list of ID3 tags that kodi uses?

I suppose there really isn't a problem with the database, but depending on my mood depends on what kind of playlist I want. What does work for now is for me to use my configured mediatomb (upnp) that displays the menu selections exactly the way I configured it (rocking/ballads/decades/genres/etc). Eventually I'd like to use kodi more than mediatomb, but the library selection scheme just doesn't cut it for me yet (but it's most definitely on the right track).

Stupid question and don't mean to hijack the thread - but can a library node be used to sort on tit1 or any other id tag? Or just the ones defined on the link I mentioned above?

Messages In This Thread
Improved Classical Music Browsing - by zag - 2015-09-17, 13:40
RE: Improved Classical Music Browsing - by tommyp - 2016-01-29, 20:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Improved Classical Music Browsing3