[split] Improved Classical Music Browsing
Thanks for the Picard server tip Zag, it has been getting almost impossible to get replaies.

(2016-05-15, 13:01)steve1977 Wrote: * As I mentioned, I have 5 composers showing up that are not classical albums. For example, this Pink Floyd release: http://musicbrainz.org/release/be3a9a43-...61722dc023, which lists Roger Waters as composer. Interesting enough, Roger Waters is not listed as part of the albumartist tag, but assume this is due to all tracks having the same composer, so it is treated as an albumartist?
You probably have an album by Roger Waters, so he is an album artist even if not of the album where he is tagged as composer.

Quote:* I notice that this tag has the same wanted behavior / issue for me. One of the five composers right now is "Eric Clapton". When I click on "composer", around 50 albums show up. Only one of them has "Eric Clapton" as composer. All others are compilation with one single song from Eric Clapton and also obviously all Eric Clapton albums I have in my library. This is also wanted behavior?
It is behaviour consistent with how the genre, artist and album nodes work. We have discussed elsewhere how an alternative option is desirable. The hard part is how to present this option in a convenient and clear way to users, but it is on my work list.

Quote:* How is it supposed to work for a composer who is an album composer, but not all tracks are from this composer? I would hope that it still shows the full albums (incl. the tracks from other composer) and believe this is how it is done?
Yes, although some people will want it the other way.

The first big step is getting the data into Kodi, how we then best use it for browsing is something that can grow and change. My aim is to give users the choice, but not to bamboozle those that just want a simple library and player by default. We proceed slowly step at a time.

Messages In This Thread
Improved Classical Music Browsing - by zag - 2015-09-17, 13:40
RE: Improved Classical Music Browsing - by DaveBlake - 2016-05-15, 13:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Improved Classical Music Browsing3