[split] Improved Classical Music Browsing
Thanks, this is clear and like how it is adapted. Pretty much what I need and anticipated you were trying to accomplish. Well done!

Just two questions:

1) How is your (3) different from what I was trying to say with my question?

2) Only issue for me is that some artists like "Eric Clapton" now show under the composer list (with dozen of albums) and even Green Day. This is somewhat confusing as my intent is to have a solution for classical music, but probably still correct and not a lot can be done (or should be done) about it.

So, the next step (for me) will be to create a custom node "Classic musical" with composer view showing up and a separate node "Music" with artist view showing up (excluding classical music). Somehow need to fix this over genre tags and custom nodes. This should also solve my "Eric Clapton issue" as it would exclude albums that are non-classical in the composer view. I remember there was some thread about custom nodes, so let me give this is a try and try to contribute back. The only thing I don't like about this solution is that custom nodes cannot be added to main KODI menu (or at least not in a way that they don't get wiped by the next skin update). At least, it should be a nice way though for UPNP (which is one of the main functions I am planning to use Kodi for once music is fully implemented.

Thanks again for all your efforts in the development!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] Improved Classical Music Browsing - by steve1977 - 2016-05-22, 10:51
Improved Classical Music Browsing - by zag - 2015-09-17, 13:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Improved Classical Music Browsing3