• 21(current)
XBMC Skinning Contest
i updated my skin, as i already said now the recently media added are selectable and playable.
i improved a little bit the graphic and made some fixes for german and french languages.
i hope you enjoy it.
xbox-skins
cheers.
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
you cant update on axs, because they dont keep track of who uploaded it. just upload a new copy :/
yes i already did it, i wanna see now how many downloads i'll get. :thumbsup:
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
lol, i was saying it to kaze-san, because he asked. :/
about that "contest" how come theres no winner? i'd suggest you open up a poll to find a winner

oh and btw - simple blue on axs gets my vote for the new default skin - its just perfect for that purpose and also very well executed

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

crazy... gone for a week and see what happens... my xbox is still on service so no real previews for me yet (thx for the movie wabid).
beeing gone and missing discussions this comment is kinda late but about the gfx copying discussed earlier in this thread i thought i'd mention that the original illustratorcs file for the "osd_slider_nibnf.png" in the old xme skin can only be found on my computer... lol.
i just had to say that after reading through this thread that seems to have ran amok lately.
great work all, can't wait to try these new skins out.
/floink
@floink - i was goofing around in photoshop with a screenshot of retro, and here is what i came up with...

here is the actual retro, in case none has seen the icon view yet. Image

i showed some people in #xbmc, and they all like having a green background. it is just a suggestion, but i think it makes the best-looking skin look even better. i saw a list view you did in green, and it was by far the best list view i had ever seen. you should have kept it, imho. (i also hope you bring it back behind the rss feed, by either moving the date/time, making it big enough to fit any date, or another creative solution.)

on a side note you can grab my other failed attempts in the failures folder in http://dell.gruposid.com/retro and i also put up a psd, so you can grab my select icon if you like it. the green colors are an exact match to the colors you already have in your skin (i got them from a screenshot of the progress bar)

btw - yea choke and i did borrow your osd icon, oops Rolleyes

edit: @floink - an amazing effect, imho, would be if you could lay a transparent png over the top of the entire icon/list view area. this would give the effect of it being part of the box, and match the home icons very nicely. the home icons look as if they are coming out, yet the contents are inside. the icon view section, on the other hand, just looks sunk in. i am not even sure, if you can lay a png over the icons, but if you can...

i spent about 3 minutes creating a glass panel to show everyone the effect i am talking about. i did not take the time to match home, so to show the effect i purposely moved the glass off its intended target. you can clearly see how the glass effect slightly distorts the lighting creating the illusion of being contained behind a panel.
again, please do not consider that exactly what i mean, because i did not spend long rendering it. i also did not apply the curve, to the upper right, which gives the retro icons their elegance.
actually having the green bg has been my intention all along but because of time constraints has not been added yet. so for consistancy i removed it from the home screen aswell. also im not too happy with how album/movie -art looks on top of the green. maybe some other day.
if you check my xmls you can see that all my list/thumb-panels have that top layer you suggested (retro has always had it), to create a drop shadow. i have tested a 'glassy' surface to it aswell but it made things to unclear/blurred.
anyways thx for the feedback wabid, glad you like it.

for reference heres psd mockup of my listview
is the revival 0.9 skin by crusty also in this contest? xbox-skins
i think that's the best looking skin, and that says alot with all the other very high quality good looking skins created for this contest :bowdown:
or isn't it in because off the copyright stuff Smile

anyway keep it coming and thanks alot for all the awesome work!

lol Wink
submitted new ver of simplesimon...

works under 4:3 ntsc - maybe not perfectl but its aligns well.
greys bars have now disappeared, yay!

nows we wait... for more bug reports Smile
(kaze-san @ june 28 2004,19:01 Wrote:submitted new ver of simplesimon...

works under 4:3 ntsc - maybe not perfectl but its aligns well.
greys bars have now disappeared, yay!

nows we wait... for more bug reports Smile
looks very nice.

there are a couple of overscan issues on my tv (ntsc).
the rss feed on the top gets cut off a little, the settings logo and icon get cut off a bit on the left, and the listcontrol page up/down is cut off a little on the right.

other than that it is perfect.

i noticed that you were able to update the skin on allxboxskins.
how did you go about doing that?
i noticed that too!!! i just had a look and it appears to have updated itself-no idea how it works though, maybe they log the ip or something

bout the overscan issues - will try to sort them out when i get a decent ntsc set, i did the current ver on a mates teeny weeny 51cm telefunken... thanks for the input, now i know what to look for

btw, skin is now even smaller in size, approx half meg dload Smile
well... the update thing didn't work for me.
now there are two... :p
(lol @ june 28 2004,15:43 Wrote:is the revival 0.9 skin by crusty also in this contest? :bowdown:

or isn't it in because off the copyright stuff Smile
compared to blackbolts skin, crustys is nowhere nere as refined. however crusty has too many peices from msdash, and he never entered. blackbolt fell off the face of the earth, so his skin never got entered either. Sad

@floink - sorry to hear the glass dosnt work.
odd cos i didn't xpect mine to update but it did... :hmm:
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Skinning Contest0