Android New user, few questions!
First of all I would like to say thank you for producing this skin, its absolutely incredible!. By far the best skin I have used.

Question 1: I realize this is a minor problem but things like this irritate me!, my clock in the bottom right shows an hour slow when I have set to UK time. I have tried changing it another timezone but nothing happens, so if i change it australia for example, it stays showing exactly the same time as it originally did which is an hour slow!. I have tried clearing the cache and purging packages but that makes no difference Sad

Question 2: Is there a setting I need to activate to get my widgets to work? for example I have "The MovieDB (In Cinemas)" widget selected on my movies menu on the homescreen but it does not display anything, likewise with the "TheMovie DB (Airing Today TV Shows)" option on my TV menu.

Question 3: Similar to how on this picture provided, there is information in the bottom right

Is it possible to do something like this but to display system information, such as CPU Usage, Ram Used/Free and so on?
(2016-05-23, 01:44)Rhaom Wrote: Question 3: Similar to how on this picture provided, there is information in the bottom right

Is it possible to do something like this but to display system information, such as CPU Usage, Ram Used/Free and so on?

That seems clever and a natural extension of "Media Totals". It wouldn't be too hard, I'd just modify some conditional VARs and the visible conditional additions/changes. The really hard part will be deciding which 6 pieces of data to use. Smile

We'll need to see what Jingai says, but if he likes it I'll write it on my 12 hour flight this Friday. (it won't take that long, but I'm going to be bored out of my mind and locked in a flying metal tube anyway.)
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2016-05-23, 01:44)Rhaom Wrote: Question 1: I realize this is a minor problem but things like this irritate me!, my clock in the bottom right shows an hour slow when I have set to UK time. I have tried changing it another timezone but nothing happens, so if i change it australia for example, it stays showing exactly the same time as it originally did which is an hour slow!. I have tried clearing the cache and purging packages but that makes no difference Sad

I don't think that is skin specific, Metropolis simply uses $INFO[System.Time(hh)], that's it. Kodi I think is the culprit there, and out of our control. Sorry

(2016-05-23, 01:44)Rhaom Wrote: Question 2: Is there a setting I need to activate to get my widgets to work? for example I have "The MovieDB (In Cinemas)" widget selected on my movies menu on the homescreen but it does not display anything, likewise with the "TheMovie DB (Airing Today TV Shows)" option on my TV menu.

They should "work" in the sense that they show you that information, but they don't for me either, they are populated by data from the skin.shortcuts script. I will look into why those don't work, I'm guessing the script author has made a change and we haven't compensated for it yet.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Thanks for the quick replies Smile

Maybe there is something off with the settings inside my android operating system, I will have a play around with it and see if i can work out why.

Turns out that with question 3, I actually meant the bottom left (but if the bottom right is easier then it works too!), I just cant tell the difference at such a late hour!

As far as variables are concerned for me it would be:

System Architecture: (ARM/x86/Windows....)
Kodi Version: ....

CPU Usage: #%
System Temperature: #C/F
RAM Used / Free: # / #

Something along those lines if those variables are even capturable, I do write XML myself so am happy to help with scripting if needs be, I am just new to kodi modding and have no idea where to begin!
Here are the needed changes to make adding that request easier, just without the system info.

The changes make sense even without adding the system info due to the smaller footprint and expandability they give. It's smaller but allows for twice the media info and allows for it to be added for any menu.

@Rhaom, it should be pretty easy to modify the newer version for what you wanted even if it isn't added to the master, just use this as a reference.

It would look like this after your changes:
Code:

<!-- media totals labels -->
    <variable name="HomeStatsDetails1">
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),movies)">$LOCALIZE[20342]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),tvshows)">$LOCALIZE[20343]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),music)">$LOCALIZE[133]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),musicvideos)">$LOCALIZE[20389]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),settings)">Kernel Version:</value>
        <value></value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="HomeStatsDetails2">
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),movies)">$LOCALIZE[16101]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),tvshows)">$LOCALIZE[20360]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),music)">$LOCALIZE[132]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),settings)">Build Version:</value>
        <value></value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="HomeStatsDetails3">
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),movies)">$LOCALIZE[16102]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),tvshows)">$LOCALIZE[16101]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),music)">$LOCALIZE[134]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),settings)">CPU Usage</value>
        <value></value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="HomeStatsDetails4">
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),settings)">System Temperature:</value>
        <value></value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="HomeStatsDetails5">
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),settings)">RAM Used</value>
        <value></value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="HomeStatsDetails6">
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),settings)"></value>
        <value></value>
    </variable>

<!-- media totals content -->
    <variable name="HomeStatsDetailsNumber1">
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),movies)">$INFO[Window.Property(Movies.Count)]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),tvshows)">$INFO[Window.Property(TVShows.Count)]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),music)">$INFO[Window.Property(Music.ArtistsCount)]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),musicvideos)">$INFO[Window.Property(MusicVideos.Count)]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),settings)">$INFO[System.KernelVersion]</value>
        <value></value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="HomeStatsDetailsNumber2">
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),movies)">$INFO[Window.Property(Movies.UnWatched)]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),tvshows)">$INFO[Window.Property(Episodes.Count)]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),music)">$INFO[Window.Property(Music.AlbumsCount)]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),settings)">$INFO[System.BuildVersion]</value>
        <value></value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="HomeStatsDetailsNumber3">
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),movies)">$INFO[Window.Property(Movies.Watched)]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),tvshows)">$INFO[Window.Property(Episodes.UnWatched)]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),music)">$INFO[Window.Property(Music.SongsCount)]</value>
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),settings)">$INFO[System.CpuUsage]</value>
        <value></value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="HomeStatsDetailsNumber4">
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),settings)">$INFO[System.CPUTemperature] $INFO[System.TemperatureUnits]</value>
        <value></value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="HomeStatsDetailsNumber5">
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),settings)">$INFO[System.Memory(used.percent)] ($INFO[System.Memory(used)])</value>
        <value></value>
    </variable>
    <variable name="HomeStatsDetailsNumber6">
        <value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),settings)"></value>
        <value></value>
    </variable>
You'd have to fix the width of each label to make it fit correctly though.
Thanks MacGyver, I will get to work on this later today hopefully.

As a complete separate issue (and I know this is not a skin issue) but I dont suppose you would have any idea about how to fix the following problem

I had an android box that was running Kodi 15.0 (Isenguard). It had been put away for about a month due to moving home. I just got the android back out and removed Isenguard (complete uninstall), downloaded Kodi 16.0 (Jarvis) and installed it.

However, now when I use my bluetooth keypad, if i press the enter key, it no longer selects the option that was highlighted through the use of the keypad, but instead, clicks where the cursor is located. This never used to happen, prior to the installation of Jarvis it was working perfectly. (I have two android boxes, although they are not the same model, but this only occurs on the older android box).

I have provided a picture below to show what I mean.

• I have tried unpairing and repairing the bluetooth keypad
  • I have tried making sure it was fully charged and not a low battery issue

Its driving me absolutely insane! Sad
Sounds like a issue with a file in the keymaps folder, either keyboard.xml or mouse.xml. (/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ )

You most likely have a global keymap for the Enter key that is mapped to left-click. (or that the key on the remote is actually a mouse button and you will need to map it to Enter/Select instead) I would check in both the system one and the userdata one. Changes made to the userdata one should override the system one. You could simply map the button in question to "Select" or similar.

There are also a few addons that will automate the process a little, just search for "keymap" in the addon browser.
Ok so right now this is where I am at:

The following files is where I found the specified width for the HomeStatsDetails
  • Includes_Home1
  • Includes_Home2
  • Includes_Home3

I am not seeing any mention of a set width anywhere outside of those files that is in relation to the HomeStatsDetails labeling but changing the width in those files does not appear to do anything.

I also can't seem to find where the "0" that displays next to the Build Version is coming from, as it displays on every section, so the shutdown section just has a single "0" that displays without any labeling
At the top of Home3.xml this code is what is included to place and set the size of the media totals:
Code:
    <include name="HomeStatsPosition3">
        <posx>26</posx>
        <posy>560</posy>
        <width>420</width>
        <height>416</height>
    </include>
    <include name="HomeStatsDetails3">
        <width>120</width>
        <height>24</height>
        <align>left</align>
        <aligny>center</aligny>
        <font>METF_HomeStatsText</font>
        <textcolor>HomeStatsCategory</textcolor>
    </include>
    <include name="HomeStatsDetailsNumber3">
        <width>60</width>
        <height>24</height>
        <align>right</align>
        <aligny>center</aligny>
        <font>METF_HomeStatsText</font>
        <textcolor>HomeStatsNumber</textcolor>
    </include>
The top is the overall width of both,
the middle is for the label and is justified left,
the bottom is for the number and is justified right.

You will need to increase both to around 160 at least to get most of that data to fit, but then the normal media totals are going to look really strange. (this is the reason I didn't do it for the official code change proposal in the Git)

It is possible to write code that will justify everything correctly, but not in the time frame for the fix I gave you. I will work on a better solution when I get a chance. (and if Jingai likes the code changes)

EDIT:
I'm thinking that you are probably not doing a proper refresh or reload after modifying those includes, code inside an include usually require a proper skin reload or a Kodi restart to take effect visually.

Here is a picture that should help it make more sense.

As far as the "0" if you have this line entered correctly:
Code:
<value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(labelID),settings)">$INFO[System.BuildVersion]</value>
then it might just be that someone didn't fill it in for your build when they compiled it. Replace it with something else, and confirm that is what an Android build uses.
Unless shutting Kodi down and reloading is not the "proper" way to reset it. Then I have indeed been reseting it, I do a lot of work with web based coding and includes are the same in php, so its just habbit for me to restart each time I add some code.

Not sure the 0 is to do with the BuildVersion because it was there before I added that in but now I know which width commands I should be editing I will just play around with it, worst case scenario is I need to revert back to the original file Smile

EDIT: the "0" is definitely not from the from Build Version variable but I think I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board with this anyway because it seems that neither System.CPUTemperature nor System.BuildVersion are actually working and like you said, i'm going to have to make the widths a ridiculous size in order to make all the data for Kernal Version and CPU Usage to fit!
Wink 
Could the code for custom media totals be incorporated into the new Krypton build?
this would be a great addition for the new skin
thanks
andmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New user, few questions!0